Closed Thread

Thread: Stacking Warden HoT's the fotm lame trick to break WF's

Default Stacking Warden HoT's the fotm lame trick to break WF's

Anything else of the same type gets overwritten except for Warden HoT's

2 clerics cross HoTiing each other can take anything at all, even when fully heal debuffed through fell blades and anathema

The health bar's do not even move. With the amount of dps being applied with healing debuff, they move less than a T2 boss health bar, that shows how broken it is

If we can get a comment from one of the geniuses who designed this to say if it is working as intended, or if there are some plans to fix it

If you can't kill the cleric and switch dps to a different target, the stacked hots get applied to THAT target, the same story continues. WF after WF with zero deaths = broken gameplay

Absolutely pointless even going into a WF now, either give us a response or I'm gone from this broken POS
    Last edited by Carnagel; 04-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Anything else of the same type gets overwritten except for Warden HoT's

3 clerics cross HoTiing each other can take anything at all, even when fully heal debuffed through fell blades and anathema

The health bar's do not even move. With the amount of dps being applied with healing debuff, they move less than a T2 boss health bar, that shows how broken it is

If we can get a comment from one of the geniuses who designed this to say if it is working as intended, or if there are some plans to fix it

If you can't kill the cleric and switch dps to a different target, the stacked hots get applied to THAT target, the same story continues. WF after WF with zero deaths = broken gameplay

Absolutely pointless even going into a WF now, either give us a response or I'm gone from this broken POS
    They were intended to heal well during long battles. I imagine the design was based on PvE for the most part. This is one more example of PvP and PvE not working well together.

Shadowlander

As it was said when this thread was posted earlier: multiple warden's HoTs should stop stacking right after DPS DoTs stop stacking.

Maybe try silencing the healers rather than just trying to roflsmash a tanky kid getting healed.
    Last edited by Lunarmoose; 04-25-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarmoose View Post
    As it was said when this thread was posted earlier: multiple warden's HoTs should stop stacking right after DPS DoTs stop stacking.

Maybe try silencing the healers rather than just trying to roflsmash a tanky kid getting healed.
    Silence them?

With diminishing returns, instant cast and long time on the HoT's themselves, disarm not affecting spell casting and a ton of break free type of abilities available, how exactly are we to do that?

Learn the game before making stupid uninformed rubbish comments

This again?

Look, if you want warden hots to not stack, you also need to make all damaging over time abilities not stack from different people. Which makes dot classes completely useless.

So face it, it's working as intended, and it's working just fine.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post
    Silence them?

With diminishing returns, instant cast and long time on the HoT's themselves, disarm not affecting spell casting and a ton of break free type of abilities available, how exactly are we to do that?

Learn the game before making stupid uninformed rubbish comments
    Yeah, if you go into the warfront trying to solo everything, you should expect to get smashed. Maybe try some tactics or coordinate with your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    This again?

Look, if you want warden hots to not stack, you also need to make all damaging over time abilities not stack from different people. Which makes dot classes completely useless.

So face it, it's working as intended, and it's working just fine.
    It works just fine in another game with much better mechanics, but all of a sudden won't work here?

Pleaaase

Shadowlander

I hear HoTs are dispel-able, unlike regular heals. Might just be a cruel rumor though.

I'm confused, are you saying the problem is that a Warden is able to stack their own HoT multiple times on the same target or that multiple Wardens can all put the same HoT on a target?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plane Touched

hots are dispellable, for sure
    also, if you cant kill a healer because there are two sets of incoming heals on him, learn some strats instead of just nuking, silences, stuns, dispells, whatever, im a warden, and its definitely possible to die with multiple stacks of hots on you if the ppl attacking know what they are doing

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    I'm confused, are you saying the problem is that a Warden is able to stack their own HoT multiple times on the same target or that multiple Wardens can all put the same HoT on a target?
    He's talking about multiple wardens coordinating their efforts to keep someone alive. (i.e. I know theres 5 healers trying to keep this guy up, but I should still be able to burst him down!)
    Last edited by Lunarmoose; 04-25-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarmoose View Post
    He's talking about multiple wardens coordinating their efforts to keep someone alive. (i.e. I know theres 5 healers trying to keep this guy up, but I should still be able to burst him down!)
    5? With 2 warden specced clerics the entire gardens raid is invulnerable unless you have 10 pyro's or 10 sc's and they stand together in a clump

And to the guy above who said wardens can be killed with stacked HoT's - sure, if they are a bad player and badly equipped, which you probably are

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Closed Thread