+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How does Resilient (Vindicator) work?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default How does Resilient (Vindicator) work?

    Searched around and couldnt find a definitive answer.

    Does anyone know if it reduces 15% from their total crit chance or actually subtracts the percentage, so a 30% Crit chance becomes 15%?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Swedenn
    Posts
    126

    Default

    100% crit chance would be 85% crit chance.

    50% crit chance would be 42.% crit chance.
    Last edited by Sizaro; 04-25-2011 at 03:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
    100% crit chance would be 85% crit chance.

    50% crit chance would be 42.% crit chance.
    Bummer thanks though

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
    100% crit chance would be 85% crit chance.

    50% crit chance would be 42.% crit chance.
    Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe it's just the fact that I really don't want it to be true...
    Against high crit builds this would be roughly equivalent to 5.5% crit reduction.

    Not the cat's meow I thought it was.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeebusJr View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe it's just the fact that I really don't want it to be true...
    Against high crit builds this would be roughly equivalent to 5.5% crit reduction.

    Not the cat's meow I thought it was.
    The reality is that most players are rolling around 20-30 crit, and if this reduction is additive, I would be getting crit a lot less, but with this skill I get crit all the time, so there you go.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeebusJr View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe it's just the fact that I really don't want it to be true...
    Against high crit builds this would be roughly equivalent to 5.5% crit reduction.

    Not the cat's meow I thought it was.
    When my friend usees me as a dps test dummy (since we aren't level 50 yet, lol) and I use my spec with 5/5 Templar, she hasn't crit me yet with her champ spec unless she drops the 100% crit spell. I think it's additive rather multiplicative.

    We can test it further tonight. It's fairly easy to test though, just have someone drop their gear down to be lower than 15% crit (after talents and any spell crit bonuses) and see if they crit you at all =P

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Albane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayaku View Post
    When my friend usees me as a dps test dummy (since we aren't level 50 yet, lol) and I use my spec with 5/5 Templar, she hasn't crit me yet with her champ spec unless she drops the 100% crit spell. I think it's additive rather multiplicative.

    We can test it further tonight. It's fairly easy to test though, just have someone drop their gear down to be lower than 15% crit (after talents and any spell crit bonuses) and see if they crit you at all =P
    Please do test this and let us know. It pretty much makes or breaks using points in this skill, which is on the wrong half of the tree anyway.

    Second note, move this skill to the defensive half of our PvP tree. Dumbass Trion designers.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts