+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best/worst solo class?

Soulwalker

Default Best/worst solo class?

I just bought this and now downloading client and reading forums meanwhile.

I know they promote this game towards partying but probably atleast half gameplay I need to solo.

So which class is best and which one is worst for soloing? Or do all make atleast ok soloers?

I had very minimal downtime with my
    druid/justicar/whatever build
    and
    bard/ranger/whatever build

struggling with (survival, without going tank)
    Champion/Paragon right now

haven't played mages seriously yet.
    Last edited by Bostish; 04-25-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Ele / Chloro

Loc/Necro

Two best solo classes by a VERY large margin.

With those specs there really isn't much you can't do solo.
    "That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad."

Personally I have played Rogue to 50, Warrior to 35, and currently grinding a Cleric who is at 21.

I have found Rogue the "most efficient" leveling so far
    Warrior used to be great til they changed Reaver and Riftblade Flame Spear Spam.
    Cleric seems to be slow going, as melee and as ranged dps...hopefully it picks up

-free pig tank til 30 that costs 0 points in ranger tree
    -pairing bard with any ranged soul works nicely for grinding (cadence heal, 20% move speed while in combat...among others)
    -early 30's assassin becomes very nice if you add 13pts into riftstalker (you get healed for each combo point left on a dying target)
    also gives you 2min vanish for those pvp server gank encounters, as well as a no downtime, always topped off npc/questing killing machine.
    -nightblade is great for XP grinding WF's early on as the spec doesnt require good gear to be good (til later levels)
    Last edited by Krouter; 04-25-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Telaran

My favorite soloing build by far is Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Assassin. My 50 build is this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...uoMozd.0VMcx0b

Notable passives/abilities:

Ruthless Stalker (this is huge burst damage for 10 seconds)
    Increases your Critical Hit chance by 15% for 10 seconds after Plane Shifting.

Blade Tempo (hello more burst)
    The Rogue brandishes their blades with a Rhythm, increasing Physical damage by 30% for 15 seconds. This causes the Rogue to be exhausted for 30 seconds. This ability does not trigger global cooldown.

Rift Scavenger (this is what makes the build awesome for soloing)
    Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded, healing you for 6% of your Maximum Health per Combo Point.

Rift Barrier
    Adds an absorption shield that lasts 15 seconds after Plane Shifting. This shield absorbs 10% of all incoming Physical damage for up to 20% of your maximum Health. This shield does not stack with Rift Guard and will not be applied if Rift Guard is active.

Plane Walker

anything with a pet will blast you through to level 30 without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    anything with a pet will blast you through to level 30 without any problems.
    Ya, for mage and rogue use the range and pet or even throw in heals for good measure. You can't go wrong with this. As you get much past 30 the 0 point pets dont help but many other combination have matured to the point where they can hold their own. You can also spend 21 points to get a good pet if you really like these classes.

Unless you build a pure healbot, pretty much any cleric combo can solo with near zero downtime. I used Just/Sham/0 warden.

You're pretty much going to need to drink water to level as a warrior. But something like RB+paly or rb+reaver kills fast and rarely dies.

lol...

I've seen so many of these threads, and for lack of a better explanation, play what you want to play and what you are comfortable with (i.e. what you really enjoy playing) because I've seen soooo many different "this is the best class ever'ah" for soloing, builds with different souls and I've played multiple alts, and the simple answer is you should be able to play any class to cap.

While some classes with certain builds might be a bit better that others, you can easily play any as a soloer. So don't listen to others play what ya wanna play.

Just a caveat, this is my opinion on an PvE server only...

Soulwalker

Thank you for answers. This is exactly what I wanted to know that every class is able to solo atleast somehow.

There is a VERY big difference between builds that can AoE solo and those that can't.

Rift Chaser

I've leveled a cleric and mage to 50 and have a rogue and warrior in their 30's.

I read the forums constantly for build ideas and watch youtube videos etc.

For AOE grinding;

Cleric > Mage > Rogue > Warrior

That being said the difference between cleric and mage is small and warriors aoe ability jumps at 50 with decent equip. (they would rank up higher when you have the right set up as they can solo packs including elites)

For killing Elites solo;

Mage is absolutely better at this. But other classes have tools at their disposal as well, it's not impossible to solo same level elites as any class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbzOfaXVXJg

Anyone that with a straight face sits down and suggests single target dps builds are quick levelers hasn't played as an aoe spec, all of the classes have them.. it's just some of them need quite a few more points to throw around first.
    Last edited by Anchor; 04-26-2011 at 04:49 AM.

I leveled mage up to 50, cleric is somewhere around 40 when I parked him again. And rogue/warrior at 20 so can't tell much about those last 2.

But I lake mage a lot. At level 50 I'm using 38 ele/28 stormcaller. I have no problem at all with packs (elite or none elites).

The cleric builds I tried failed horrible at pulling off what my mage could.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    I've leveled a cleric and mage to 50 and have a rogue and warrior in their 30's.

I read the forums constantly for build ideas and watch youtube videos etc.

For AOE grinding;

Cleric > Mage > Rogue > Warrior

That being said the difference between cleric and mage is small and warriors aoe ability jumps at 50 with decent equip. (they would rank up higher when you have the right set up as they can solo packs including elites)

For killing Elites solo;

Mage is absolutely better at this. But other classes have tools at their disposal as well, it's not impossible to solo same level elites as any class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbzOfaXVXJg

Anyone that with a straight face sits down and suggests single target dps builds are quick levelers hasn't played as an aoe spec, all of the classes have them.. it's just some of them need quite a few more points to throw around first.
    I was right about to sing praise of how my Riftblade/Paladin with either Beastmeaster or Reaver could solo elites then i watch the video.That was so much easier than when i do it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ydyp View Post
    I leveled mage up to 50, cleric is somewhere around 40 when I parked him again. And rogue/warrior at 20 so can't tell much about those last 2.

But I lake mage a lot. At level 50 I'm using 38 ele/28 stormcaller. I have no problem at all with packs (elite or none elites).

The cleric builds I tried failed horrible at pulling off what my mage could.
    On my cleric I use a Shaman / Justicar / Inquis spec for aoe and soloing in general.

It can solo 6-10 mobs indefinitely. I often during invasions in stillmoor or shimmersand go off to one of the points where they're spawning massively and have to bite my tongue from yelling 'you shall not pass' as I hold the line solo against up to 3-4 invasion sets at the same time (with new ones replacing the old ones as they die)

Admittedly, it gets a bit sketchy here and there but I don't die and I never run out of mana.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    On my cleric I use a Shaman / Justicar / Inquis spec for aoe and soloing in general.

It can solo 6-10 mobs indefinitely. I often during invasions in stillmoor or shimmersand go off to one of the points where they're spawning massively and have to bite my tongue from yelling 'you shall not pass' as I hold the line solo against up to 3-4 invasion sets at the same time (with new ones replacing the old ones as they die)

Admittedly, it gets a bit sketchy here and there but I don't die and I never run out of mana.
    I vote this build. I use it and love it. You can very easily just stand in one spot and kill all day long and never have down time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast