+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Common Class?

Soulwalker

Default Most Common Class?

As far as your experience goes, what do you think is the most commonly used class? And what comes second, third, ect? Hell, if you feel like some extra credit, whats the most commonly used soul for the classes?

.. Wonder if the votes will be unanimous, as I see a lot of people complaining about Clerics/Mages.

From most to least common:

- Rogue
    - Mage
    - Warrior
    - Cleric

From my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lleQ View Post

- Rogue
    - Mage
    - Warrior
    - Cleric

My list is identical.
    Adaira-Faeblight

Soulwalker

At level 50, I've consistently seen (using Search) more clerics than any other, by a sizable margin. Mages used to be much rarer, but they've more or less caught up with rogues and warriors. I'd say it's pretty even with warrior/rogue/mage now, with about 15-20% more clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by lleQ View Post

- Rogue
    - Mage
    - Warrior
    - Cleric

My list exactly

Soulwalker

Wow that's interesting. I keep reading about so many complaints about Clerics and Mages, I thought they'd be the most common, especially since Rogues seem to be underpowered. (Or many claim so)

I'd say:

Rogues
    Clerics
    Mages (lots of fotms coming up)
    Warriors (coz 3/4 of them quit)
    Baby - R6 rogue / Babe - R3 cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Dimension View Post
    Wow that's interesting. I keep reading about so many complaints about Clerics and Mages, I thought they'd be the most common, especially since Rogues seem to be underpowered. (Or many claim so)
    They are slowly becoming the most common give it time. rogues always have an overabundance of people at launch cause they wanna be legolas and be lol invisible. In 2 months it will look like this and already looks like this from lvls 1-35.

Mage
    Cleric
    Rogue
    warrior.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 04-25-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I'd say:

Rogues
    Clerics
    Mages (lots of fotms coming up)
    Warriors (coz 3/4 of them quit)
    That'd be my list too. I rarely see warriors. Rogues, for all their bellyaching, are still the most common class. Mages and Clerics are by far the most common in warfronts.

Rift Disciple

Clerics
    Rogues
    Mages
    Warriors

In a few months time, i think it will change to;

Mages
    Clerics
    Rogues
    Warriors
    Last edited by SnakeBites; 04-25-2011 at 12:22 PM.

I remember when the game first launched, every raiding guild was trying so hard to recruit mages. Even the top raiding guild in most server was recruiting mages.

How time has changed!

But honestly in my guild, we still have too many rogues. We have now steady supply of mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Soulwalker

Default Honestly

On my server i see way more mages and clerics then any other class and running with another rouge is rare and warriors r non exisitant. My group for dungeons is usually rouge tank 3 mages and a cleric

Cleric
    Rogue
    Mage
    Warrior

Dunno why so few warriors. Warriors are awesome at pvp as long as you're not hellbent on playing a champion or beastmaster. Sword and board riftblade/paladin rocks, simply invincible 1v1.

Doing regular 41-49 polls on Harrow-Defiant, rogues are 2-3x as much as any other class. The numbers are about the same lower on but more mages seem to wash out before 40. Mages and warriors are about identical at all times with clerics dipping behind of those. More clerics than at launch, originally it was about 3:1 mage/war:cleric but now the numbers are much closer.

Tons of rogues on a PvP server? Madness!
    Last edited by exLupo; 04-25-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Champion of Telara

Rogues were alot of fun in beta is why there are so many. People weren't aware of their problems end game, and it seemed like it was an all around class that could fit many roles. Tank, DPS, Range DPS, Support/Heals.

The complaints come because once people got to 50, they realized - it doesn't scale.

Mages for some reason got a bad rep at the start. I had one in beta and didn't think it was bad. I just liked the play style of a melee rogue alot more than I did a caster, plus I am always a mage as my main I wanted something different this time.

But alot of mages had bad gear/specs, and didn't realize what they had. Then people started getting to 50 and they realized - holy crap this scales! And of course, everyone getting hit by them realized it too.

Warriors were badly broken and there were alot more of them. I have noticed that many of the big bad 2h champion warriors that thought they were the best players in the world have quit since 1.1, but there is still a decent amount of them it seems to me. They certainly aren't FOTM anymore.

Clerics I don't really know. If there name isn't blue, then I don't really notice them and generally assume they are a mage and treat them as such. I see alot of them doing DPS. There is more than I would expect to see honestly.

I would guess it's what most have said overall, rogues, mages, warriors, clerics. Because I for sure know it's not clerics, warriors, mages, rogues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast