+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its obvious that Rogues and Warriors dont know what they want and flooding forums.

Rift Disciple

Default Its obvious that Rogues and Warriors dont know what they want and flooding forums.

Before patch 1.1 I had a Riftblade/Champ and completely thought mages were a joke. If somehow they survived my stunlock/ 1 button macro then I had a 10 second cd riftsurge which would be sure to finish them off. It got balanced and mages can fight back now. Pyro's have no self-heals like necro's, locks, choloros and with out CC immunity in the circle they would simply be stunlocked killed everytime. Seriously wouldnt rogues/warriors get bored of stunlock/killing everything? Why cant they sacrifice some of their mega dps abilities for some utility if they want to kill pyros easily? These guys keep reviving tired threads and have like around 1000 posts; do you think Trion is taking this seriously?

Seriously the maximum number of posts you can make a day needs a nerf lol. Nobody wants you to be able to stunlock kill everything; you would be happy with it for a week tops then quit like everyone else. With cleric infinite stacking heals/mitigation/shields etc do you really want to eliminate burst damage?
    Last edited by Shermhead; 04-25-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Actually, they know exactly what they want: to faceroll like the good old days before 1.1.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Actually, they know exactly what they want: to faceroll like the good old days before 1.1.
    Rogues could never faceroll, unless you are talking about the red-headed step child spec (sabo's) most of us will just be happy with being able to compete.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Master

This isn't limited to wars/rogues, it goes for everyone, in generally every MMO. This is because people who play a class don't always agree on everything, aka human nature.

if you think mages were not OP prior to 1.1 you are delusional. But instead of a nerf like everyone else they got a buff which was completely ******ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    Before patch 1.1 I had a Riftblade/Champ and completely thought mages were a joke. If somehow they survived my stunlock/ 1 button macro then I had a 10 second cd riftsurge which would be sure to finish them off. It got balanced and mages can fight back now. Pyro's have no self-heals like necro's, locks, choloros and with out CC immunity in the circle they would simply be stunlocked killed everytime. Seriously wouldnt rogues/warriors get bored of stunlock/killing everything? Why cant they sacrifice some of their mega dps abilities for some utility if they want to kill pyros easily? These guys keep reviving tired threads and have like around 1000 posts; do you think Trion is taking this seriously?

Seriously the maximum number of posts you can make a day needs a nerf lol. Nobody wants you to be able to stunlock kill everything; you would be happy with it for a week tops then quit like everyone else. With cleric infinite stacking heals/mitigation/shields etc do you really want to eliminate burst damage?
    Are you bored of 1 or 2 shotting everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    if you think mages were not OP prior to 1.1 you are delusional. But instead of a nerf like everyone else they got a buff which was completely ******ed.
    What I think is that pvp in this game is a silly little sideshow that brings out the worst in people. If you want to be truly happy playing this game, take a pass on it.

Rift Master

What I think is that pvp in this game is a silly little sideshow that brings out the worst in people. If you want to be truly happy playing this game, take a pass on it.
    Already have, sticking to PvE for a couple of months while I wait for balancing and bug fixes, far too many issues going on in PvP atm to see it as anything else.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Even if they fixed all the bugs and got balancing right -- they will never get balancing right, btw, there's always going to be some stupid FOTM thing, the soul system is too big to tame in pvp -- it's still going to be boring. Grinding the same 4 warfronts gets old fast. This is thin gruel compared to expert dungeons, raid rifts, GSB and RoS. There's simply far more content to do on the pve end.

@op what does any rogue spec besides pre 1.1 sabo have to do with your rambling?
    Something witty goes here.

Banned

Seriously wouldnt rogues/warriors get bored of stunlock/killing everything? Why cant they sacrifice some of their mega dps abilities for some utility if they want to kill pyros easily?
    Rogues can stun lock? Rogues have mega dps abilities? That would be news to me.

all we want is to be able to mitigate damage.

That's all.

Rift Disciple

Why cant they sacrifice some of their mega dps abilities for some utility if they want to kill pyros easily?
    lol @ implying rogues have 'mega dps'

Ascendant

As a warrior, I can tell you what I want:

Quit putting these moronic internal cooldowns on all of our self healing abilities and return Reaver DoT damage and health return to what it was pre 1.1.

I'm fine with warrior damage. What I'm not fine with is Trion continually nerfing every form of self healing the warrior soul has.

Soul Sickness - nerfed.
    Grisly Works - gutted.
    Tip the Balance - nerfed. Twice. In one patch.
    Karmic Resolution - nerfed.
    Blade of Elemental Affinity - nerfed. 44 point ability. Come on man!

The rest of them weren't worth using anyway.

Just gets old.
    Last edited by Vember; 04-25-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Telaran

The void knight was a reasonable counter every few minutes before it was "fixed." All of those utility abilities come from the tank souls. Their dps is pretty laughable and wouldnt kill a cloth wearer fast enough even if you did get a lucky dispel. The problem is that nerfs came before everyone was fully geared and ranked. My guess is that pre-patch game is probably not that imbalanced anymore. The champ and sabo damage was partially related to a bug in armor penetration. Instead of fixing the bugs, then looking at balance they did both at once. I know there are a lot if skills in this game, but the number of bugs is unacceptable. Fix the bugs, then balance.

My old rb+ reaver build could spread damage like crazy without killing anyone. It was the best way to drain healer mana. Because this game its designed around 5 minute long pve fights, healers have too much mana to be balanced in pvp without massive amounts of outgoing damage.

I could continue to list the flaws with the pvp in this gamer but since I've stopped and switched to pve completely I don't much care tbh. The pve grind is getting boring. So now I spend time here thinking maybe something will change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast