+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General sense of these forums

Sword of Telara

Default General sense of these forums

Majority of non-mage players are saying:
    'Mages are OP!'

Upcoming patch notes say:
    'Who cares!'

*Take a stroll through these forums and count the threads that say/show/suggest mages are OP, even the mage defense QQcrew cant deny that theres a flood
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-25-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Telaran

Majority of non-mages players are saying:
    'Mages are OP!'

'Hey fecal-matter-for-brains! Everyone is crying about pyros, not mages! We're nerfing pyros! Mages have 8 souls! Poop!'
    Last edited by DKay; 04-25-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DKay View Post
    Majority of non-mages players are saying:
    'Mages are OP!'

'Hey fecal-matter-for-brains! Everyone is crying about pyros, not mages! We're nerfing pyros! Mages have 8 souls! Poop!'
    this isnt just about pvp.

and the pyro nerf, wow thats a real wrist slapper

pyro/dom's one shotting ability got nerfed by 33% and pyro's GoS damage reduction got nerfed by 33%

slap on the wrist?

also for the OP, forums dont equal in game reality, just a bunch of whiners on the forums trying to find a scapegoat

Champion of Telara

A lot people don't understand the mechanics of Mage dps. They see a big number, and don't take time to consider what it took to get those numbers. Those numbers require buffs, debuffs, and cooldown spells to achieve.

If you were to base balance on forum whines, then balance would never be reached. People see what they want to see. If they see a big number, the class must be overpowered. If they lose, their class must be underpowered.

Few people are willing to accept the fact that their defeats are the result of their own poor play.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Sword of Telara

I dont care if they have to buff up and use a cooldown, so does every other class.

Difference being, warriors and rogues dont have PAGES of threads saying 'omg rogues are crushing us. warriors are winning 1v4 battles. rogues with redball = gg. warrior healing is op.'

lol 'its ok i used a cooldown to kill your team!'
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-25-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    I dont care if they have to buff up and use a cooldown, so does every other class.

Difference being, warriors and rogues dont have PAGES of threads saying 'omg rogues are crushing us. warriors are winning 1v4 battles. rogues with redball = gg. warrior healing is op.'

lol 'its ok i used a cooldown to kill your team!'
    Problem is simple: You think you're good and you're not.

Stormcaller is one of the most defenseless mage souls. It's built in defense: crowd control and a -25% damage shield that lasts 10 seconds. Entirely designed to kite. Takes a large amount of time to build up it's "burst" damage.

Anyone that whines about a SC frying their team is pathetic.

Champion of Telara

There is one legitimate concern. Mages (Pyros especially) get more benefit from the red ball than other classes. They should either modify the red ball, or remove it entirely. That would do a lot to end the forum whines.

But, other than the red ball, a lot of the whines are coming from Warriors and Sabs, who got used to being OP pre-1.1,. They thought they were winning due to skill (instead of playing an OP class). Now that the classes are more balanced, they think they are losing due to their class being underpowered, instead of the fact they their skill needs work.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-25-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

CC immunity for a class is not balanced, especially when everyone else even non pyro mages can be chain CC'd.
    The sacrifice of innocence/the hailing of the gun/my way was death and madness/now let the tower come/done is done/yes, there will be no taking back/every journey must come to an end/all hail to The Gunslinger/Praise to the Dinh and The King/Beyond our reach, out of control...

+ Reply to Thread