+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2000 non crit lightning stike (no redwings) - how?!

Soulwalker

Default 2000 non crit lightning stike (no redwings) - how?!

Okay so....

Can someone explain how a mage hits (non critical) for over 1600 damage with a rank 2 lightning attack with a 2.5 sec cast time? Assuming somewhere around 200 base damage and 1000 spell power, that should be about 700 damage.

Bear in mind I was in justicar spec and had 18% reduced magic damage as well as an air resist of another 5% reduction.

So it was doing about 2000 damage (non critical). How is this possible/fair exactly? I don't get it.

This was world pvp, no red wings/powerball buff.

Oh yeah, and the mage had a pet as well which was putting out some nice DPS.

http://vvcap.net/db/SmPHAoSM32e51Vr6M3o9.htp

Rift Chaser

i'm guessing ele/sc spec...

intensify elements 50% more dmg...inductance 9% more dmg...ice shear 42% more dmg...lightning mastery 5% more dmg...exposure 7%...static flux 20% more dmg...that's 133% dmg increase...takes awhile to build up to that tho...

What Aggrosamurai said is posibly correct.

But, if u are a cleric its easy to avoid this damage dispelling all the debuffs that makes this posible.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=478488&dateline=13027  68087

Obviously a mage SC can do good dmg..... not easy to build up to do that dmg thou...as Aggrosamui said its a long rotation of buffs to get to do that and it only lasts few seconds....with 2 min CDs...

But if u are smart enough to get close to him...you can cut him like butter. They have 0 chances to survive....

That is what a Mage SC is...a good dps...but very weak. Surprised?
    Last edited by zZad; 04-24-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zZad View Post
    That is what a Mage SC is...a good dps...but very weak. Surprised?
    Yep, because when I compare this to a rogue with mediocre damage and weak survivability there is something very wrong here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    Yep, because when I compare this to a rogue with mediocre damage and weak survivability there is something very wrong here...
    Rogue mediocre dmg???? Ive seen Rogues doing as much dmg as a mage...at least in PvE...

They actually are with mages the best dps in game in my oppinion...maybe u just have to check you gear/stats/builds dude.....

But Rogues are GREAT dpsers and i bet they last longer than any SC mage alive.....
    Last edited by zZad; 04-25-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Standing 30 meters away from their opponent? Unless it's a MM which do very weak damage compared to SC and Pyro.

Oh and why are Trion buffing rogues if they are doing so fine?

Yeah, nice try...
    Last edited by Ratkin; 04-25-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Im not trying anything dude....im saying what ive seen in everyday expert runs.

I have a couple of friends Rogues and they do as much dmg as i do in SC....

If 1 rogue can...all can. Its not a cvlass problem... skill problem?

Maybe its not an easy call to play....but there is nothing wrong with the dmg they can do.
    Last edited by zZad; 04-25-2011 at 12:40 AM.

BTW SC Mages need of a long rotation buffing to do any good dmg...that burst lasts a few seconds and have a CD of 2minutes......

Quote Originally Posted by zZad View Post
    Rogue mediocre dmg???? Ive seen Rogues doing as much dmg as a mage...at least in PvE...

They actually are with mages the best dps in game in my oppinion...maybe u just have to check you gear/stats/builds dude.....

But Rogues are GREAT dpsers and i bet they last longer than any SC mage alive.....
    Seeing he does not know every soul he is probably not playing for so long. Skill is probably the problem here, if you only dispelled the debufs you'd be lolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    Cause the Assasin/Rifstalker/Infiltrator build is really a bad damage and survivability build.

Maybe u must learn how to use "Cleanse soul", before cry about mages without Pyro soul.

If we are talking about 1vs1 outdoor pvp, a rogue must kill a Stormcaller without problems. If not, the rogue lacks skill.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=478488&dateline=13027  68087

Champion of Telara

OP: "Trion, please make Mages have bad armor, bad survivability, bad burst damage and bad sustained dps ... so I can kill them."
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-25-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

To be fair, that's actually a quite low crit. A normal hit with all buffs up in a SC/Ele build is 2k+
    Check these SS. One is from RoS and the other one from yesterday in our rift raid:
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7...0419205153.jpg
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4...0424232527.jpg
    Instant cast cloudbursts for 2.5k ;p Like already mentioned though, we can only do this every 2 minutes. The dps is nothing special the rest of the time.
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

Plane Walker

i don't mind a high dmg if it has a very long buildop and the fact that they are very weak def wise.

if you give them the time to build up its your fault to start with.
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by Santhil View Post
    To be fair, that's actually a quite low crit. A normal hit with all buffs up in a SC/Ele build is 2k+
    Check these SS. One is from RoS and the other one from yesterday in our rift raid:
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7...0419205153.jpg
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4...0424232527.jpg
    Instant cast cloudbursts for 2.5k ;p Like already mentioned though, we can only do this every 2 minutes. The dps is nothing special the rest of the time.
    To ninja this lolthread:
    Why are you spamming Cloudburst, IIRC Lightning Field does more damage due to higher crit chance. I can only think of 1 reason: costs more mana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast