+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best class for each role.

Default Best class for each role.

What in your opinion is the best class to fill each role in PvP and PvE?

For me...

Tank: Cleric (After 1.2 warrior nerfs)
    Healing: Mage or Cleric
    MDPS: Cleric (Although a mdps warrior or rogue can do this in PvE, they are not as good in pvp as the cleric)
    RDPS: Mage

Any reason to have warriors and rogues in the game?

Soulwalker

cleric are the worst tanks atm

Tank: Rogue > Warrior >>>> Cleric
    Healer: Cleric > Mage >>>>> Rogue
    MDPS: Warrior > Cleric > Rogue
    RDPS: Mage > Rogue > Cleric
    Constable Vond - 50 Rogue | Officer of <Precision>
    Progress: GSB 5/5 | RoS 5/5 | GP 4/4

Other toons:
    Saga - 50 Cleric
    Peste - 50 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Peste View Post
    Tank: Rogue > Warrior >>>> Cleric
    Healer: Cleric > Mage >>>>> Rogue
    MDPS: Warrior > Cleric > Rogue
    I'm curious about what is this Cleric MDPS spec that is better than rogue.
    Can't be Justicar, the damage is incredibly low, it does amazingly well at group heals and survivability tough.
    Can't be Shaman, it has no heal debuff, overall no CC, and is physical damage, doesn't perform well at Pvp at all.
    Possibly is not Druid either, altough it does has good CC (heal debuff and silence) it is quite high on the build, and it has no gap closer, can't heal itself (1 weak heal on a big cooldown) paired with low defense, and is a pet class. Looks good on paper but using it at warfronts isn't good as one would imagine looking at the soul tree.

Please, eligthen me about this specific Cleric MDPS build you speak of.

Best Regards,
    Merv
    Merveilles - GM of Mizerables - Alsbeth
    Anything related to my opinions posted / Mizerables guild / 5v5 / whatever feel free to PM me.

Best Tank: Warrior tanks are the best for what i´ve seen in all expert dungeons.Cleric USED to be better.

Best Dps: Mage & Rogues...they can both do amazing dps.

Best Healing: I ALWAYS want a cleric as main healer then Chloro & bards are the best for support (depending on the boss)

Rift Master

Tank: Rogue>Warrior>Cleric (after 1.2 Warrior=Rogue maybe)
    DPS: Warrior>=Cleric>Rogue>Mage
    Healing: Cleric>Mage>Rogue

And about Cleric dps - its Druid. The pet alone brings like 200 dps. And those clerics scale like twice with gear, having double AP and crit compared to warriors.
    Last edited by Zhalfirim; 04-24-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Plane Touched

For PvE I'd just go with:

Tank: Rogue > Warrior > Cleric
    Healer: Mage > Cleric
    MDPS: Warrior > Rogue > Cleric

For PvP, it's more:
    Tank: Cleric > Warrior > Rogue
    Healer: Cleric > Mage
    MDPS: Warrior > Rogue > Cleric
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    Tank: Rogue>Warrior>Cleric (after 1.2 Warrior=Rogue maybe)
    DPS: Warrior>=Cleric>Rogue>Mage
    Healing: Cleric>Mage>Rogue

And about Cleric dps - its Druid. The pet alone brings like 200 dps. And those clerics scale like twice with gear, having double AP and crit compared to warriors.
    Um, how do you figure? Having a pet does not make you scale twice. The class is balanced around the pet providing dps, it's not a freebie they thrown in or something.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    What in your opinion is the best class to fill each role in PvP and PvE?

For me...

Tank: Cleric (After 1.2 warrior nerfs)
    Healing: Mage or Cleric
    MDPS: Cleric (Although a mdps warrior or rogue can do this in PvE, they are not as good in pvp as the cleric)
    RDPS: Mage

Any reason to have warriors and rogues in the game?
    cleric is the worst tank for pve with really huge differance from the other 2.

the 'nerf' to the warriors (the fix so that their aoe taunt is 1min cd) is there from the beginning in clerics (only 1 aoe taunt with 1 min cd)

warriors have 50%+ magic mitigration, rogues have 55%+magic mitigration, clerics have max 18% magic mitigration. Warriors+rogues gain full benefit from raid buffs in their mitigration, clerics do not (since their parry is capped with t1 gear and selfbuffs only), leaving even a bigger disperancy as the gear values go up.

mdps clerics output ~50-100dps less than a warrior. The do not have ANY healing or support to do that. 0 healing spells. All their other hybrid specs that can output a bit of healing have 200-300dps less.

cry more?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Merveilles View Post
    I'm curious about what is this Cleric MDPS spec that is better than rogue.
    Can't be Justicar, the damage is incredibly low, it does amazingly well at group heals and survivability tough.
    Can't be Shaman, it has no heal debuff, overall no CC, and is physical damage, doesn't perform well at Pvp at all.
    Possibly is not Druid either, altough it does has good CC (heal debuff and silence) it is quite high on the build, and it has no gap closer, can't heal itself (1 weak heal on a big cooldown) paired with low defense, and is a pet class. Looks good on paper but using it at warfronts isn't good as one would imagine looking at the soul tree.

Please, eligthen me about this specific Cleric MDPS build you speak of.

Best Regards,
    Merv
    why do you need heal debuffs and CC for DPS? just hit the **** with a stick

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    cleric is the worst tank for pve with really huge differance from the other 2.

the 'nerf' to the warriors (the fix so that their aoe taunt is 1min cd) is there from the beginning in clerics (only 1 aoe taunt with 1 min cd)

warriors have 50%+ magic mitigration, rogues have 55%+magic mitigration, clerics have max 18% magic mitigration. Warriors+rogues gain full benefit from raid buffs in their mitigration, clerics do not (since their parry is capped with t1 gear and selfbuffs only), leaving even a bigger disperancy as the gear values go up.

mdps clerics output ~50-100dps less than a warrior. The do not have ANY healing or support to do that. 0 healing spells. All their other hybrid specs that can output a bit of healing have 200-300dps less.

cry more?
    1. mitigation
    2. wars do not have 50% magic mitigation
    3. splash into justi and you get + 5% damage and great aoe heals + self heal
    4. good clerics do great damage, raise your crit for more procs and spec deeper into shaman. i think you're just QQing
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-25-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    1. mitigation
    2. wars do not have 50% magic mitigation
    3. splash into justi and you get + 5% damage and great aoe heals + self heal
    4. good clerics do great damage, raise your crit for more procs and spec deeper into shaman. i think you're just QQing
    Let's pretend that you have a clue for on second.
    1) The only MIT a justi have is physical and possibly minor ele reduction. Both pale in comparison. Justi does not receive 5% damage redux by himself, his group does. Unless he is spamming his aoe heal. Thus whatever 5% will be applied to any tank in the party as long as a sent is in the party.

2) aoe heals have nothing to do with tanking and is pretty much for additional aggro. Healing depends on the healer not the tank.

3) good clerics do great damage. Good rogues and wars do greater damage

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Let's pretend that you have a clue for on second.
    1) The only MIT a justi have is physical and possibly minor ele reduction. Both pale in comparison. Justi does not receive 5% damage redux by himself, his group does. Unless he is spamming his aoe heal. Thus whatever 5% will be applied to any tank in the party as long as a sent is in the party.

2) aoe heals have nothing to do with tanking and is pretty much for additional aggro. Healing depends on the healer not the tank.

3) good clerics do great damage. Good rogues and wars do greater damage
    Dude, you know nothing about a cleric. If you play one, you should read up on it.

I play with a melee cleric that no one can beat in a 1 on 1 duel on my server (regardless of rank or gear). His dps is slightly less than a warrior for pve, but in pvp his survivability+ dps is through the roof. On top of that he can tank and heal as good as anyone in pve.

You could make an entire pve or pvp group out of just clerics. No other classes necessary (although one mage would be great for range dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    Dude, you know nothing about a cleric. If you play one, you should read up on it.

I play with a melee cleric that no one can beat in a 1 on 1 duel on my server (regardless of rank or gear). His dps is slightly less than a warrior for pve, but in pvp his survivability+ dps is through the roof. On top of that he can tank and heal as good as anyone in pve.

You could make an entire pve or pvp group out of just clerics. No other classes necessary (although one mage would be great for range dps).
    I think that pretty much sums up that nonsense.

Now, what that has to do with my, or even his, statement, is a entirely different matter.
    your DPS is less than a warriors DPS, which is exactly what i said. your DPS is also most defienltly less than a competent rogue.

Now your loldps cleric, can tank as good as a warrior tank and a rogue tank as well in pve? What?
    Because the person i quoted, quoted a person who was talking about pve, and a cleric tank, is the worse tank out of the 3 tanking souls. And i can almost bet, that your loldps cleric, is an even worse tank than most other cleric tank builds in PvP (where a justi built healer is the only tanking a justi will do where he is superior to the others, although i have yet to see a warrior tank with a pvp spec take a dive in any shape or form in pvp as well, but it could be because hes not a priority target)

and a Chloro has more HPS than a clerics + better mana management. Clerics are still not the -strongest- healers.

So again, may i ask, wtf are you talking about? Or are you another who quotes, types, and hopes for the best?

You can make an entire PvE expert dungeon group of nothing but clerics, but an entire PvP group of clerics will fail with 1 dom 1vk and some spike damagers any day.

But your post is indeed cute.
    Last edited by Eughe; 04-25-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Rift Chaser

a bunch of the people commenting in this thread don't know honestly what they're talking about.

I'd advise you to stop reading this thread and then go to the class specific forums and look for the non qq posts about people hitting massive amounts of dps etc and just pay attention to those.

A lot of people will complain about their class or about other peoples classes that they're ill informed about.

rogues, warriors, mages and clerics are all capable of putting out serious dps.

when the person that is playing them knows what they're doing

there's as many threads in the cleric forums about justicars doing well as tanks as there are outside of the cleric forums about them sucking. people always fail to factor in basic stuff when making assessments of classes.

like the fact that justicars are healing themselves constantly. if they had the same raw mitigation values as the other tanks then they would infact have an effective health massively higher than the other tanks.

justicars are fine as tanks. rogues are fine as tanks. warriors are fine as tanks.

all of the classes are capable of great dps.

people need to quit listening to all the QQ and read the positive threads on each of the subjects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast