+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who got the genius idea...

Default Who got the genius idea...

To have only Mages and Clerics be able to viably heal?

Rogues deserved a soul that would enbale them to main heal without this Support aberration thing. Bard is obviously the soul that should have enabled us to main heal if we wanted. For a game that promote flexibility and customization, you guys have done a good job pigeonholing Warriors and Rogues. The only roles Warriors can fill is Tank and Melee DPS, and Rogues got Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, (nobody in their right mind should be Barding), but we only have one way to Tank, where Warriors got so many ways to tank and Melee DPS. Rogues could have benefited from a Healer soul, and Warriors could have benefited from a Ranged DPS (before you guys decided to kill Flame Spear)

And now what about Clerics and Mages? They get everyone roles they want (excepting tanking for Mages), and they get to excell at it...

Do I smell favoritism and unjustice?
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

aux

I agree, mages need a tanking soul.

They could rework the Dominator soul for that, when they're done nerfing it to hell and back.
    I'm so BORED

Thumbs down

Really? Really ... you are serious about this rogue tanking / barding / top dps / whatever else you want them to do ...

Okay, lets have a historical break down. First: Rogues, as a definition of, are vagabonds that sneak, stealth, snipe, ninja, disappear, reappear, poison, evade, scoundrels, wit and steal their way into many of women's hearts ... as well as other things. Never once have you ever heard of an epic, historical battle where a rogue would be in the heat of combat drawing massive amounts of opposing forces who try to take the rogue down.

No, instead, you hear stories of entire house holds hiring bounty hunters to track down and bring back that offensive vagabond that had stolen the chastities of their daughters. And bards, they are just another form of rogues that lift the spirits and vigor of people through song and cadence. After all, the relationship of life and health is directly proportionate to morale and spirit. Go to your favorite band's concert. How much more energy and excitement do you have then?

I think the rogue is just fine the way they are. If you want to make them healers, then give them band-aids as history only depicts them capable of only healing minor wounds.
    Last edited by Nonplus; 04-24-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post

Rogues deserved a soul that would enbale them to main heal without this Support aberration thing. Bard is obviously the soul that should have enabled us to main heal if we wanted. For a game that promote flexibility and customization, you guys have done a good job pigeonholing Warriors and Rogues. The only roles Warriors can fill is Tank and Melee DPS, and Rogues got Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, (nobody in their right mind should be Barding), but we only have one way to Tank, where Warriors got so many ways to tank and Melee DPS. Rogues could have benefited from a Healer soul, and Warriors could have benefited from a Ranged DPS (before you guys decided to kill Flame Spear)

And now what about Clerics and Mages? They get everyone roles they want (excepting tanking for Mages), and they get to excell at it...

As opposed to other MMOs, where there's only one healing class?

Whaa.

Prophet of Telara

You party with some really terrible bards if you don't recognize their value in a group of just about any makeup.
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

Rift Chaser

Bards should not be a main heal class, they should be the premiere buff and support class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonplus View Post
    Really? Really ... you are serious about this rogue tanking / barding / top dps / whatever else you want them to do ...

Okay, lets have a historical break down. First: Rogues, as a definition of, are vagabonds that sneak, stealth, snipe, ninja, disappear, reappear, poison, evade, scoundrels, wit and steal their way into many of women's hearts ... as well as other things. Never once have you ever heard of an epic, historical battle where a rogue would be in the heat of combat drawing massive amounts of opposing forces who try to take the rogue down.

No, instead, you hear stories of entire house holds hiring bounty hunters to track down and bring back that offensive vagabond that had stolen the chastities of their daughters. And bards, they are just another form of rogues that lift the spirits and vigor of people through song and cadence. After all, the relationship of life and health is directly proportionate to morale and spirit. Go to your favorite band's concert. How much more energy and excitement do you have then?

I think the rogue is just fine the way they are. If you want to make them healers, then give them band-aids as history only depicts them capable of only healing minor wounds.
    You don't make any sense at all :/, What are you talking about??

In case you guys didn't knew, nobody invite Bards to their parties anymore, yes they are that bad right now.
    Last edited by ControlBlue; 04-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

Telaran

Mages tanking is a great idea as long as the dps would be on par with a pure paladin spec no matter how you mix and match.
    Last edited by Fibsdk; 04-24-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redwards View Post
    As opposed to other MMOs, where there's only one healing class?

Whaa.
    Other MMOs do not push customization and flexibility as much as this game. So yes, it is a problem that only 2 Callings get to be able to heal, if you take into account the design intent of the soul system.

Prophet of Telara

You don't make any sense at all :/, What are you talking about??

In case you guys didn't knew, nobody invite Bards to their parties anymore, yes they are that bad right now.
    Have you like... ever played this game? Lol

Your post is, and has been looking suspiciously trollish... but now I'm almost sure of it.
    Daishiki
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

Plane Touched

There are 4 roles in this game: tanking, healing, DPS, support.
    Warriors: Tanks, DPS, support (yes, it's broken, but it's supposed to be there)
    Rogues: Tanks, DPS, support
    Mages: DPS, support, healing
    Clerics: Tanks, DPS, healing
    It's evenly split. What you are asking for is to add "healing" to Rogues, making them the only calling to receive all 4 roles. Not going to happen.

But then again... go get yourself the SHoE and main heal T1s until 1.2 hits :P
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    Bards should not be a main heal class, they should be the premiere buff and support class.
    A support soul do nothing in this game on its own, and in the case of Bards and Rogues it is screwed those two royally.

Archons get played because they can throw points into Chloro and become viable heals, Dominators have mostly PvP utility and can be coupled with DPS efficiently and create a monster in PvP (Pyros *cough*). The Bard soul get to... Bard, whatever tree you try, you still end up with terrible dps and terrible heals.

How is that fair?

Rift Chaser

So, if you should be able to do anything with every class, what is the point of classes in your argument?
    Why not take it further and allow mages to wear plate armor and wield greatswords? Let warriors cast fireballs?

From that perspective there should just be souls and no classes. The skills you pick then define what you can wear and do?
    C.
    This is meant to be entertainment, not a life substitute. (lordofeyes)
    Disclaimer:
    These opinions are my own. I reserve the right to sprinkle the odd fact in amongst my opinions to confuse the reader.

And you need to cancel your subscription, because I'm sick of you complaining.

♫♪♫ - Conscious breathing is my anchor --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prophet of Telara

This thread makes me giggle.
    Daishiki
    Scrunt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast