+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift: The Exploit 'em up

Rift Master

Default Rift: The Exploit 'em up

We all know it's true, we have all seen the premades doing it and we are all, quite frankly getting sick of it.

There are several bugs in this game that are frequently being exploited day in day out to gain, unfair advantages over opponents, the main questions on everyones lips is, When are Trion going to:

1. Acknowledge these bugs
    2. Fix them
    3. Take action against those that frequently abuse them, purposely.

For instance, Warrior fear is so unbelievably bugged its unreal, it's become a running joke that it should say on the tooltip "25% chance of dropping opponents through the terrain" The code also has an issue where it does not break on the damage threshold or is not breaking when breakout is used (if you are the fears target is when this tends to occur most frequently)

Lest to say, there are premades running on servers that run with several warriors that purposely spam fear in hopes to trigger the bugs, thus it falls from bugged into exploitation.

Another instance is the reactive heals of certain Cleric specs ( I'm not saying which here, but those that exploit it know full well what it is) upwards of 6 people smacking on the Cleric for there hp to hardly be budging....Even fully specced Tank Warriors dont get that type of survivability so it shows something amiss, and dont think Fell blades or Anethema is the answer, because these bugged heals ignore there effects.

Terrain Glitching on certain maps is still going on also, the people that use them know who they are and what it is, but again I wont reitterate it here as the last thing we want is more people abusing it.

We as a community could ask the bug exploiters to stop doing what they are doing, but we all know full well, they are going to do it anyway as they feel its entitlement and there is nothing you, nor I can say to them to stop it.

Thus its on Trion to get these, quite frankly game breaking bugs fixed, balance is one thing, bug exploitation is an entirely different animal and one that should be stamped out asap.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    We all know it's true, we have all seen the premades doing it and we are all, quite frankly getting sick of it.

There are several bugs in this game that are frequently being exploited day in day out to gain, unfair advantages over opponents, the main questions on everyones lips is, When are Trion going to:

1. Acknowledge these bugs
    2. Fix them
    3. Take action against those that frequently abuse them, purposely.

For instance, Warrior fear is so unbelievably bugged its unreal, it's become a running joke that it should say on the tooltip "25% chance of dropping opponents through the terrain" The code also has an issue where it does not break on the damage threshold or is not breaking when breakout is used (if you are the fears target is when this tends to occur most frequently)

Lest to say, there are premades running on servers that run with several warriors that purposely spam fear in hopes to trigger the bugs, thus it falls from bugged into exploitation.

Another instance is the reactive heals of certain Cleric specs ( I'm not saying which here, but those that exploit it know full well what it is) upwards of 6 people smacking on the Cleric for there hp to hardly be budging....Even fully specced Tank Warriors dont get that type of survivability so it shows something amiss, and dont think Fell blades or Anethema is the answer, because these bugged heals ignore there effects.

Terrain Glitching on certain maps is still going on also, the people that use them know who they are and what it is, but again I wont reitterate it here as the last thing we want is more people abusing it.

We as a community could ask the bug exploiters to stop doing what they are doing, but we all know full well, they are going to do it anyway as they feel its entitlement and there is nothing you, nor I can say to them to stop it.

Thus its on Trion to get these, quite frankly game breaking bugs fixed, balance is one thing, bug exploitation is an entirely different animal and one that should be stamped out asap.
    I have only feared into free falling once but the stacked clerics heals on the premades is "ludicooooolous".
    Even with my so called OPed pyro with back to back crit on cinderblast and fulminate whoever I am hitting on with those clerics lolstackheals will heal back to full in literally 3 seconds. The only time I get to kill them is if I run to the redball put up my lolcircle and activate heatwave and cross my fingers for really really quick/big crits that can INSTA-KILL them. Even if you can take them down to 10% hp in 1GCD, by the time next fireball hits em they are full again.

It's so funny that pyro damage is being reduced yet the "godmode" is untouched, considering the only way to take them down is 1GCD insta-kill (pretty much takes a cinderblast + inferno + fulminate with redball and either CB or Fulminate has to crit to kill one).

Again there's no one shotting without a redball even for a pyro. Yet the godmode is always on and does not need any buff to run the entire raid with godmode.

Guess we all know who's the next class that's gonna be QQed and nerfed into oblivion in the next patch.

Rift Master

The worst part of all this, is if you do call anyone out for using the bugs knowingly, all you get is "haha its skill your dps obviously sucks l2p" <= this happened today when 6 people including 2 pyros were attacking a cleric who's hp was simply not budging.

This is more why I feel trion should punish those that are frequently abusing the bugs, its one thing to know about the bug, its another thing to exploit it freely and start smack talking at others about it.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    The worst part of all this, is if you do call anyone out for using the bugs knowingly, all you get is "haha its skill your dps obviously sucks l2p" <= this happened today when 6 people including 2 pyros were attacking a cleric who's hp was simply not budging.

This is more why I feel trion should punish those that are frequently abusing the bugs, its one thing to know about the bug, its another thing to exploit it freely and start smack talking at others about it.
    Its funny coz in rift you can see everyone's buff. When I see some alternating blue icons refreshing on the enemy team I tell myself oh well, here we go again.

It will be funny rightnow it takes highly geared a pyro with redball buff and lucky crits to kill ONE of them, if the pyro didnt get focused down by the godmode team first (the good premades takes out pyros first with their own handful of pyros running well godmode WITH the lolcircle). And its about to get worse next patch.

I can see after the patch when everyone caps on valor, it will be a joke to even go into WF unless their is less than 2 clerics on the enemy side.

I feel underpowered when I fight lolclerics on my so-called overpowered pyro. Apperently my 7k damage in 1 GCD is not nearly enough to kill a single clerics, and they can heal 10k per GCD.

Oh well.

Welcome to
    Rift: The Rise of the Clerics Immortality-Wrath of the Gods.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 04-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Soulwalker

ffs warden healing stack is not a bug????????????? omg

anyway, im not even a warden, but the stacks are not a bug. its a premade vs non premade discussion/argument. take it there or leabe it and say ''oh well, these guys r organised, we are not, we have dps healers, they have strategically specced healers...........

yawn

show me proof of other healing classes heals stacking via abug and il happily revolt. If not, then l2p. its not my nature to say tht but wtf, wardens heals stack .....so wat?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by One and Only View Post

anyway, im not even a warden, but the stacks are not a bug. its a premade vs non premade discussion/argument. take it there or leabe it and say ''oh well, these guys r organised, we are not, we have dps healers, they have strategically specced healers...........

yawn

show me proof of other healing classes heals stacking via abug and il happily revolt. If not, then l2p. its not my nature to say tht but wtf, wardens heals stack .....so wat?
    Aww dont want your godmode removed?

Umad?

Also when our guild premades and did your lolstack vs another premades doing the samething... It's lolstalemate. 0 killing down literally every WF. Again umad?
    Last edited by WarUltima; 04-24-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Rift Master

yawn

Considering the skill is stacking and not overwriting as it should be, that my friend is what you call a bug

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I have only feared into free falling once but the stacked clerics heals on the premades is "ludicooooolous".
    Even with my so called OPed pyro with back to back crit on cinderblast and fulminate whoever I am hitting on with those clerics lolstackheals will heal back to full in literally 3 seconds. The only time I get to kill them is if I run to the redball put up my lolcircle and activate heatwave and cross my fingers for really really quick/big crits that can INSTA-KILL them. Even if you can take them down to 10% hp in 1GCD, by the time next fireball hits em they are full again.
    Just think what would happen if you hit a cleric down to 10% and another team-mate was attacking the same target. They'd be dead.

So what are you complaining about? With a minor nerf to your abillities, you may actually have to work with your team mates rather than just soloing everything! How could you play such a game?
    Last edited by cathartic; 04-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cathartic View Post
    Just think what would happen if you hit a cleric down to 10% and another team-mate was attacking the same target. They'd be dead.

So what are you complaining about? With a minor nerf to your abillities, you may actually have to work with your team mates rather than just soloing everything! How could you play such a game?
    But doesnt justify something that wasnt working correctly. When I spam my HoT pet heal it gets refreshed but not stacked. Well you probably need to learn to play Rift without exploiting. You know if you learned how to play Rift without depending on exploits to be competative, you might actually get some say.

Noce try tho kid.

Ascendant

Well show me the description of the "spell" in question where does it say it will STACK?
    If it didnt, then you are exploiting since its suppose to overwrite like all other HoTs in the entire Rift unless it specific "stack to x times". GG kiddo.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 04-24-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Soulwalker

Aww dont want your godmode removed?

Umad?

Also when our guild premades and did your lolstack vs another premades doing the samething... It's lolstalemate. 0 killing down literally every WF. Again umad?
    You're crying your eyes out repeatedly about wardens and yet you ask if he's mad? lol

That's so cute. Sorry, kiddo. Get used to it

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taevious View Post
    You're crying your eyes out repeatedly about wardens and yet you ask if he's mad? lol

That's so cute. Sorry, kiddo. Get used to it
    So kiddo I see you ran out of comebacks and also failed to show where it says it's suppose to stack eh... typical.

1/10

nt tho.

Plane Touched

It's so funny that pyro damage is being reduced yet the "godmode" is untouched, considering the only way to take them down is 1GCD insta-kill (pretty much takes a cinderblast + inferno + fulminate with redball and either CB or Fulminate has to crit to kill one).

Again there's no one shotting without a redball even for a pyro. Yet the godmode is always on and does not need any buff to run the entire raid with godmode.

Guess we all know who's the next class that's gonna be QQed and nerfed into oblivion in the next patch.
    This is largely a PEBCAK issue and will hopefully be fixed soon.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Rift Disciple

Wardens get a hot that stacks to 4 times it's called Soothing stream, 20 pt skill. For every warden they can stack up a four stack. Sent/ward/temp is the preferred healing spec in warfronts, cause almost every heal is instant.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

Warrior fear and charge bugs aren't intentional and you shouldn't expect them to stop using the abilities because you occassionally fall through the world.

It actually hinders the warrior when it happens on charge. I can't count the number of times I have had my abilities queued up ready to finish someone only to charge and them fall through the world. By the time they pop back up the stun is off and reactives have reset.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast