+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for glass cannon

Default Looking for glass cannon

The 'Any class that kills in one shot should die in one shot' thread got locked, but it makes a good point. And I'm speaking from the glass cannon side of the debate.

I love playing glass cannons. I love playing something that puts out insane dps in pvp and pve, but only if it's specced, geared, and most importantly, played correctly, and only after many, many hours of learning through failure. I want to play a dps class that people swear is gimpy beyond belief and have it shine (until I screw up and get squished).

I don't think it exists in this game, at all. I've tried everything in pvp and pve, and at least at low levels, everything I come up with either ends up as garbage, or as a serviceable, somewhat tanky but boring grinder, or as pretty good, but too easy (don't get me wrong, necro/lock is fun, but I'm looking for something a bit different).

I didn't want to ask, because part of the fun was finding this class/combo for myself, but does a glass cannon exist in this game? Sab is the closest I think I've come to it so far, but didn't put in enough hours and levels in to be sure yet, and I think it's time I asked rather than keep looking for what might not even exist.

Don't give me the exact build! Just the main soul it's based around, and I'll go from there. Bonus if it kills clothies in pvp.

Play a Pyro. Its the Teflon cannon.

Deep Champ has both the cannon and the glass. Good burst, high hits, falls over in a stiff breeze.

If you want to hurt things and die quickly, that's your goal.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Deep Champ has both the cannon and the glass. Good burst, high hits, falls over in a stiff breeze.

Yeah, but the cannon part requires two loading stages before being fired. Otherwise, it's a glass noodle. Don't forget, warrior DPS is the Tiny Tim of Rift with SLI as our crutch.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post

Interesting, didn't even consider Champ, thought from what I read it was tanky grinder type. I'll go check out their tree, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread