+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Specs that are terrible non-50

Default Specs that are terrible non-50

Rogue bards are great through level 31 then no pet = death with 2 mobs that are two levels lower too squishy and no defense.

Mage Pyro may be overpowered at 50 but starting out it is underpowered, once again low level pet, only one instant cast and way to squishy, two mobs 2 levels lower is death.

While I know a lot of people seem to think 50 is the only level that matters, I disagree, as leveling is important.

There needs to be some balancing for the leveling specs as they should all be playable from 1-50 not from 1-31 or not at all in the case of the pyro.

Cleric sent is good through around 30 also then it becomes like the others too squishy for a chain mail wearer.

This is using the recommended souls to go with them so they are not strange combinations. There are just too many spells for all roles to have to learn to play them and what the spells do only at 50.

This is pve not pvp as I do not do any pvp. It just seems wrong that you cannot play some specs at low levels and others are bad at medium levels but they are good for 50.

If I'm reading this right, not every spec is as good as every other spec? /lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    If I'm reading this right, not every spec is as good as every other spec? /lol?
    It is not that they are not good, they are not playable at low levels. While Pyro is said to be overpowered at 50, that is the only level below that it is worthless, and there are too many spells to level as one spec then totally change at 50. Same with the other two I mentioned. All specs should be able to be played at low level and max level. Not spec is only good for max level and cannot be used for lower levels.

Ascendant

Pyro at low level is just fine, you need to learn how to use it, not just stand there an tank everything.
    All specs should NEVER be equal sigh..... another one that wants everything even....
    Signus Parka Parabellum

Quote Originally Posted by Tasogie View Post
    Pyro at low level is just fine, you need to learn how to use it, not just stand there an tank everything.
    All specs should NEVER be equal sigh..... another one that wants everything even....
    With the recommended set of souls there is one instant cast that has a cooldown so you have to stand there to do any damage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    With the recommended set of souls there is one instant cast that has a cooldown so you have to stand there to do any damage.
    Why are you using the recomended specs ??. Use your imagination. You dont need instants to play.
    Signus Parka Parabellum

Why are you using the recomended specs ??. Use your imagination. You dont need instants to play.
    You do if you do not want to get killed, 2 sec casts are worthless at low levels. The mobs are almost always 2 not one, and there is no way to get a 2 sec cast off without taking tons of damage. I use the recommended because, they are recommended and being recommended should be able to be played at any level not just 50.

Ascendant

You do if you do not want to get killed, 2 sec casts are worthless at low levels. The mobs are almost always 2 not one, and there is no way to get a 2 sec cast off without taking tons of damage. I use the recommended because, they are recommended and being recommended should be able to be played at any level not just 50.
    Strange, I guess I am special, since I played a pyro at beta an they are far more powerful now than they were.
    Signus Parka Parabellum

Strange, I guess I am special, since I played a pyro at beta an they are far more powerful now than they were.
    At level 18, they are not powerfull they are dead most of the time. As the spells have long cast times and mobs come in groups. No cc if they are both casters and no interupts makes for dead mage if you have more than 1 which in most areas is always.

Era
    Champion of Telara

As a cleric...justicar + inquisitor + sent = AoE farming!

I don't have the exact spec, but you just need Circle of Oblivion, Fanaticism, Soul Drain, and 10 points in justicar. You can Vex 3 mobs until they start hitting you, pop the crit buff and triple crit all of them with soul drain for ~1800 total @ 43....then finishing them off with the circle, all while being healed by Vex AND the damage you deal. Works for me.

Edit: Mages can grab polymorph as a level 0 skill. I hardly ever die as Pyro unless I run out of mana or defensive spells (2 shields, an instant heal, pet). Just have to be careful and always abuse your CC.
    Last edited by Era; 04-23-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

While leveling I always had at least 2 roles, a solo and a group. While the lots of self heals the group had all DPS. I still have a solo vs dungeon vs PvP spec. It's all about finding what works where and how you like to use it. If you wanna play full bard, thats fine, probably not great solo.

Just keep playing with soul combos to see what you like, or check out the class section and see what others have played while leveling solo
    Blackfield <-Divine Fury->: Mage

Deepwood

Champion

Some specs really aren't meant to be solo friendly. If you want to survive getting beat on by three mobs, find a soul that has the tools to deal with it, instead of crying that your high damage/low survivability spec...has low survivability.

Seriously, why in God's name are you soloing with a Bard, anyway?

The Guitar Slayer says: are we doing this with or without the mask on?
    The Guitar Slayer says: ..that came out wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ski843 View Post
    While leveling I always had at least 2 roles, a solo and a group. While the lots of self heals the group had all DPS. I still have a solo vs dungeon vs PvP spec. It's all about finding what works where and how you like to use it. If you wanna play full bard, thats fine, probably not great solo.

Just keep playing with soul combos to see what you like, or check out the class section and see what others have played while leveling solo
    What I liked with the rogue was the bard and solo was fine with the reccomended spec until level 31 where the pet started dieing instantly due to being under level. It was a good spec till 31 then died. It is frustrating to have specs that work or do not work till a certain level.

Sorry I really beleive they should all be playable at all levels, not one spec till level x then change. For me there are just too many spells to have to sift through for new specs, my rogue got abandoned at 33 due to the issues, mage is worthless at 18 and cleric became worthless at 30.

Having specs that only work for certain levels is just a bad idea, there are far too many spells to just pickup a new set of souls at 30.

Rogue bards are great through level 31 then no pet = death with 2 mobs that are two levels lower too squishy and no defense.
    I still easily pull 2 level 46 mobs at a time with my bard at 44 (44 bard, x nightblade, 0 point infiltrator generally). In fact, I'll usually pull 2, just because it's faster to kill that way. I can handle 3 or even 4 without burning virtuoso, and I can manage far more (8+) if I have enough cooldowns available. I can solo invasions or footholds slightly above my level (though, generally only with anti-planar augmentation).

I've never bothered with ranger in my build, so I've done the whole thing without a pet. If you're having trouble with this, you're doing something terribly wrong. It's mind-numbingly simple.
    Last edited by Jaya; 04-23-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashthra View Post
    Some specs really aren't meant to be solo friendly. If you want to survive getting beat on by three mobs, find a soul that has the tools to deal with it, instead of crying that your high damage/low survivability spec...has low survivability.

Seriously, why in God's name are you soloing with a Bard, anyway?
    Through level 31 it was a great solo spec and I was having fun with it. Then found out (nothing in tooltips or info told you) that the pet stopped leveling at 30. It was fun is why I was playing it. As I have said before at that level there are just too many spells for a new set of souls to just switch, it is not like there are a few new ones to learn there are too many to just switch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast