Closed Thread

Thread: Fix the classes

Telaran

Default Fix the classes

1. Take Justicar off clerics and give it to warriors and give clerics paladin
    2. Give mages either a tank role with spell'd armor stats or a off tank capable pet

Then everyone can do everything to some degree.

Warriors should be the best tanks
    Clerics should be the best healers
    Mages should have the best AoE dps
    Rogues should have the best single target DPS

/Heal / off heal
    Clerics Mages Rogues

/ DPS /
    Warriors, Clerics, Mages, Rogues

Tank / Off tank
    Rogues Clerics Warriors

Each class already has a pet
    Each class has nine souls

Each class should be able to do a little of everything instead of Clerics and Rogues being able to do just about everything while mages and warriors are missing from two archetypes.

Justicar on warriors would give them a bard like presences and some solo healing they need for PvE
    Paladin on clerics can keep the mana return on block from justifcar but they'd still be tanks in chain
    Mages with a tank soul with melee or using a tanky pet would be able to off tank

Then the only issues would be how much of each should everyone be able to do which exists already as a problem and this isn't a solution to it.

This is a suggestion on making it fair across the board with souls and class Archetypes. Give everyone a degree of everything.

Heal/off heal Tank/off tank DPS

Warriors would be Main tanks
    Clerics would be Main healers
    Rogues would be Main single target DPS
    Mages would be Main AoE DPS

but we could be more creative with the 9 souls if warriors and mages had a little of what they are missing.
    Last edited by Xetelian; 04-23-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Telaran

Can anyone tell me this is a bad idea?

PvE warriors right now don't quest/solo half as well as the classes that can self heal without drinks and everyone can heal but them.

Telaran

These bumps are getting shameless.

But no one will discuss the idea of leveling out that set of Archetypes.

Ascendant

im 12 and what is this

the op is a cluster****

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...e-classes-even

Can you quit with the C&P with minor alterations all over the forums?
    Magical Fairy Princess DPS
    Element Zero

Plane Touched

Life's not fair. Me want everything. Me angry and upset that I don't get everything I want.

If you want to play Justicar then reroll a cleric. Last time I checked anyone with a valid subscription can make character up to the limit of six.

Did they lock making a new character? This is news to me if they did. Hold on let me look at my login screen.............nope, you're still able to roll different archetypes.

Make your own game.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Make your own game.
    I am going to second this please make your own game so we can come on yours forums and tell you how to make the game you are making.

Seriously stop making new threads, u posted the same thing in the main 1.2 patch post on alpha, made an extra thread on the alpha part of the forum just for this, and now u made the same post here?

AND IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD ARGUMENT.

Hi everyone,

It seems the OP has a few different versions of this post, so we would ask if you would like to continue this discussion, you do so in the thread linked below.

Swap Justicar for Paladin

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Closed Thread