+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best AoE grinding class?

Rift Disciple

Default Best AoE grinding class?

Curious about making an alt for the intention of farming, it's something I quite enjoyed in WoW (Hi prot paladin!), I have a 50 Warrior but after the change to Grisly Works I found myself drinking a lot on that character (and really, didn't like Warrior anyway) - My main is a 50 Rogue who's good at AoE grinding, but can only hit two-three targets without using two minute cooldowns, unless I respec sab/MM but then I have downtime. So was wondering about Mage/Cleric Aoeing - This is for purely grinding, solo, and with no downtime

Any suggestions?

Sword of Telara

Cleric in a big way. Inquisitor juaticar and pewpew to victory. There are bids on YouTube that show how well it works

Rift Chaser

Cleric.

It's funny that they thought Reaver was OP running into a full group of mobs and coming out of it at full HP, but it's a non issue with clerics.
    Nimec, Seastone

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nimec View Post
    Cleric.

It's funny that they thought Reaver was OP running into a full group of mobs and coming out of it at full HP, but it's a non issue with clerics.
    I can still take 20 mobs at once (with some elites mixed in also) as a warrior.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    And that's post nerf.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Soulwalker

As Reaver/RB? I'm only 25, but all the reaver builds I have tried seem reallly squishy

And come out of it with no downtime? I have a hard time believing that.
    Morn@Seastone
    Overrated

Dunno about the others, but Cleric does very well in the AoE grinding department.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Rift Disciple

I shall get leveling one then for when nothing else to do

Any suggestions to a build? Was thinking Cab/Inq/Sentinel at low levels (up to 40ish) then Inq/Justicar?

Quote Originally Posted by Spandia View Post
    As Reaver/RB? I'm only 25, but all the reaver builds I have tried seem reallly squishy
    You need to be in tanking gear, with a shield, the essence that heals when you block, and a trinket that heals you on melee.

Default Tanky classes

For the most part, playing all arcthypes, I have found that the tanky classes seem to excel at this. This may be for the obvious reason, durability, but also the fact they actually have fairly sustained damage and heals as well. People give little credit to BM, but leveling my Warrior with BM/Champ was actually more enjoyable than necro/warlock, which had great survivability as well. BM/Champ can dish out a buttload of AOE damage/bleeds, heal himself and his pet, and his pet has a AOE skill which pulls agro with defensive stance. That pet in protective stance tanked better than my worthless Skeletal Knight.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
    And come out of it with no downtime? I have a hard time believing that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajuvD3VNaw

;)

Yeah in that particular pull I need to drink afterwards, but time to kill that many, I can spare 10 secs to drink a bit.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Soulwalker

What is this specific build? and is this something I could level with starting around level 20?

I do quite like this setup on my rogue

It's not as good as the Cleric setups you can get but I have had 10 mobs including one Elite beating on me at once and torn them to shreds.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post
    I do quite like this setup on my rogue

It's not as good as the Cleric setups you can get but I have had 10 mobs including one Elite beating on me at once and torn them to shreds.
    Yeah mine's similar to that but I dunno, don't like the fact you can AoE once every two mins and otherwise only hit 2-3 mobs at once

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast