Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 51NB/PvP Soul is just too much for most players, especially hybrids

Default 51NB/PvP Soul is just too much for most players, especially hybrids

Ok, now I'm expecting quite a flame coming soon, but just hear me out.

So currently I'm playing inquisitor with PvP soul rank 3 and quite high down sentinel. Personally I think it's one of the more powerful cleric 1vs1 builds out there.

So I'm pretty much hyrbrid, relying on a 8 sec cd heal, and a 45 sec instant cast and the odd bewilder to 3 sec cast. I also have 2 dmg reduction moves as well as my talents. A 2 min 40% dmg reduction move for 10 seconds. And the detaunt in the PvP soul 50% dmg reduction. You can stack them!

Pretty pimped out rly.

So ye I've always been worried about Nightblade rogues. They are by far the most powerful rogue soul there is, especially against casters. But even with the 50% heal reduction, it can be managed if you play well.

Unfortunately when you combine this with anathema we simply don't produce any heals. Being a hybrid we can't spam heals, instead an 8 sec heal that normally heals for around 1100 gets reduced to 300-400. 8 sec cd heal means anathema will only go down to around 2 stacks plus the 50% healing debuff.

So what can we do? Well I can decurse, but that costs a 1.5 sec gcd and we can only remove one at a time, so your looking at 9 seconds to get rid of all the healing debuffs. It's not an option..

So what about cc? Well nightblades have approximately 3 immunes to begin with. Now with a normal inquisitor they will die in them immunes, simple. We can't cc, even if we do get 1 off, you can "trinket" out, our fear shares the same diminishing returns, so it only lasts for 2 seconds. So I usually pop my dmg reduction moves, see if I can survive a little longer, do a bit of kiting, but again with their slow being slower than ours, well it doesn't last long..

The reality is I die incredibly quickly, and I literally have nothing to counter the burst, living flame actually does very nice damage! Any rogue that denies it really haven't tried it out properly. I'm rank 3, and I've gone down to Blessing of the Martyr. I dueled one of these rogues, I even popped both dmg reduction moves and I would still get zerged down in around 5 seconds. The damage is crazy! He even admitted his spec was completely imbalanced.

So ye its an anti-caster build, but really? Should there be such a build? Why have souls that directly neutralise another one? That just wrecks balance. Tbh this spec is just fine against warriors. Honestly, warriors are pretty gimp now. 51NB/15Inf is just a deadly cominbation even for warriors. You have access to a chain of immunities that can last around 9 secs, plus another near immunity for 8 secs and the dmg output of this spec is immense. Champions are just simply squishy...

Honestly, anathema on its own is reasonable, so is the Nightblade one. But both combined its unreasonable, especially when we can't do anything else.

You might say you need it for pure healers, but tbh, its less effective against pure healers as they can spam instants to get rid of anathema incredibly quickly. It's just been designed badly and is effecting the wrong Soul setups.

I hope you're joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    I hope you're joking.
    a typical answer I was expecting from someone who probably hasn't even touched the spec I was refering too.

I know rogues in general are gimp. But this spec in particular is just too much.

Here comes the usual suspects from the rogue community to discredit you.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Nothing wrong with 1 spec being a counter to another.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Here comes the usual suspects from the rogue community to discredit you.
    Ye I'm fully expecting the flame, considering the amount of QQing about rogues being gimped recently. I'm treading thin ice, but I have all the right to.

I'm particularly looking for honest rogues who have actually used this spec and well probably kept it because it's the best one around at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Nothing wrong with 1 spec being a counter to another.
    I disagree, not when it means that the handicapped player can do literally nothing. I can't see how you think this is fair?

Yes some specs may be more directed at others, but not to the extent where you're helpless.

Unfortunately clerics have quite a few kiting moves available to them, which makes us OP to warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I disagree, not when it means that the handicapped player can do literally nothing. I can't see how you think this is fair?

Yes some specs may be more directed at others, but not to the extent where you're helpless.

Unfortunately clerics have quite a few kiting moves available to them, which makes us OP to warriors.
    Bad rogues think they need CC overload to kill anyone for fear of them fighting back.

Good rogues just tear your ****in face off and giggle about getting buffed.

You might get a couple of objective honest rogues in here. Don't count on it though.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Bad rogues think they need CC overload to kill anyone for fear of them fighting back.

Good rogues just tear your ****in face off and giggle about getting buffed.

You might get a couple of objective honest rogues in here. Don't count on it though.
    well nightblade isn't getting buffed for a reason. I'm glad other rogue souls are getting some looking too. I'm a bit sick of facing rogues who are literally only NB or marks. (Yes marks can do nice dmg! Just rely on cd's which the patch should fix nicely)

So you are OP against warriors and whine about 1 spec who is designed to kill healers ?!? Seems you do not want balance or rock, paper, scissor, you want it all.

You still can use your skills, you are not silenced or stunned to death, you just have to be smart and build your cleric better. It is not pew pew, heal when low and pew pew more.

Clerics whining about rogues

well nightblade isn't getting buffed for a reason. I'm glad other rogue souls are getting some looking too. I'm a bit sick of facing rogues who are literally only NB or marks. (Yes marks can do nice dmg! Just rely on cd's which the patch should fix nicely)
    Yeah, they have a few callings that need some work. The QQ is just so overdone though.

Last night one of our level 47 rogues was going on and on about how bad rogues suck and how he couldn't do more than 250 dps. I finally got on his case and told him "Maybe it's you?"

He got a lil peeved.

You want to run a spec that has no true counters than run a more balanced spec. I've ran the spec you listed, while nice for killing classes with decent self healing its not so good for other classes, that's why I run 44 NB, 22 Sin, 0 Infil, its more rounded.

My friends 51 NB spec is very powerful yes, and I've seen him do what you described yet in our duels he never beat my clerics Sham/Just/Inqs, it removes the Infil Debuff so fast due to Justicar and I fight him through the Fell Blades and kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    So you are OP against warriors and whine about 1 spec who is designed to kill healers ?!? Seems you do not want balance or rock, paper, scissor, you want it all.

You still can use your skills, you are not silenced or stunned to death, you just have to be smart and build your cleric better. It is not pew pew, heal when low and pew pew more.

Clerics whining about rogues
    I specifically said unfortunately for a reason, because personally I think warriors need looking at. I don't play one myself, but there an absolute joke.

To be honest I've seen previous posts from you and they are hardly constructive and are full of QQing. You in particular are not someone I want involved in this discussion and I was predicting such in-factual flames from someone from you. Specifically when you haven't even tried the spec yet. Please don't tell me how to play, because what you said makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    You want to run a spec that has no true counters than run a more balanced spec. I've ran the spec you listed, while nice for killing classes with decent self healing its not so good for other classes, that's why I run 44 NB, 22 Sin, 0 Infil, its more rounded.

My friends 51 NB spec is very powerful yes, and I've seen him do what you described yet in our duels he never beat my clerics Sham/Just/Inqs, it removes the Infil Debuff so fast due to Justicar and I fight him through the Fell Blades and kill him.
    thanks for the response. I personally thought justicars would have a difficult time with this as well. Is your friend rank 4 yet? you are as well yes? I can't see how justicars can debuff anethema so fast..
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-23-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Nightblade is a CD based soul their only that powerful every 2 minutes...
    Proud member of <WarriorPoets>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast