+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop QQing.

Default Stop QQing.

Pvp Ruins games. I swear all the balance issues are because pvp. As a PvEr its disturbing seeing these forums filled with so many OMG NERF threads.

amiright?

No, classes that can one-shot people with 5k+ damage spells break games. It's not PvP. It's balance in PvP that makes or breaks it.

If a Pyro can join a Codex 6 minutes before it ends, get 19 kills and 150,000 damage in those 6 minutes you know that something is very wrong with that soul.

I PvE too, but at 50 there is not much PvE that you can do, unless you like grinding the same 3 to 4 instances non-stop and do the same dailies again and again. Once you'll hit 50 and see that there is no reason to play the game anymore except to PvP, then you'll be "QQing" too, or you'll leave the game - either way it would have the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    Pvp Ruins games. I swear all the balance issues are because pvp. As a PvEr its disturbing seeing these forums filled with so many OMG NERF threads.

amiright?
    I totally agree and Scott Hartsman had said this is mainly PVE game and they would not be trying to balance for pvp but guess times a changed and it is hurting the pve part.

And I have a 50 mage and I can tell you EXAGGERATION from the bad pvp players is out of hand
    Last edited by Kulta; 04-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

The times have changed because it is very easy to level in Rift and now that people have hit 50 and realise that the endgame is just grinding instances for better gear (so you can grind those same instance better) and that the people who are looking for more exciting things to do at endgame are doing PvP (because each encounter is different eveytime) they will have to balance it, or face that most of the people who like their game so much that they played it up to level 50 will leave because of these balancing issues.

PvE is fun when you have never done the content before, but at 50 you have done it all, and just do more of the same every day, so PvP is the most important part of the endgame for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    The times have changed because it is very easy to level in Rift and now that people have hit 50....

well I would like to hear this from a trion employee, as I came for pve.

But the new content coming in the patch sounds fun
    Have you ever wanted to?

Soulwalker

Once you'll hit 50 and see that there is no reason to play the game anymore except to PvP
    do t1 with your guild, try different specs etc, until you get full t1 gear. Then do t2 until you got full t2 gear?
    Then you can start doing raids? or rifts? Guild stuff?
    Last edited by spel565; 04-23-2011 at 08:52 AM.
    Ion, Mage 50, FireSand, Order Of Life
    Got a bit over 200 focus. When PVEing my favorite spec is Chloromancer.
    Chloro PvE: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zMz.xdIuqVcz0o
    PvE DPS, Pyro: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uch0o.xx0G0VVx
    PvP DPS, Pyro: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...su0o.xx0V0qqco
    Rift vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/spel565

Rift Disciple

The times have changed because it is very easy to level in Rift and now that people have hit 50 and realise that the endgame is just grinding instances for better gear (so you can grind those same instance better) and that the people who are looking for more exciting things to do at endgame are doing PvP (because each encounter is different eveytime) they will have to balance it, or face that most of the people who like their game so much that they played it up to level 50 will leave because of these balancing issues.

PvE is fun when you have never done the content before, but at 50 you have done it all, and just do more of the same every day, so PvP is the most important part of the endgame for many players.
    How is the PvE any different from any other MMO, there all about grinding the same instances/raids to get better gear...

Sorry guys if you enjoy doing the same instance over-and-over again to get better gear so you can do it over-and-over again, but I don't enjoy that at all.

For me and a lot of other people (as you can see on this forum) the endgame is mostly PvP, since a PvP encounter is always different from the last. Different opponents, different strategies, you don't know after the first time of killing an enemy how they will react the next time (as it is with the NPCs), which makes PvP so much fun for me and many other players.

I can't see why they couldn't change the formula that calculates healing/damage differently when in PvP combat, so that PvP balance changes don't affect PvE so much - but hey, that's how it is, so deal with the complaints until Trion starts to implement something that makes PvP better and does not affect PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post

amiright?
    LOL,

In my mind is the exact opposite.
    Games are filed with so many pve carebears that clases are balanced to fight mobs with one bazillion stats and smash heads at the keyborad like a ****** instead of fighting something thats reacts diferent everytime.

To be honest I dont even understand how ppl have fun in pve.
    You do the very same pulls and press the very same keys for 15 min, then...
    you kill a boss with a fight mechanic exact tha same of that other boss in that other game. Do this 6 times and you complete an instance and get to feel good about yourself. CONGRATZ!!

In PvP every fight is a diferent one, and you might actualy loose, while in PVE the starting point is you ARE going to win!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalamar View Post
    I don't usually make pointless, funny or troll posts, but this is too funny to let pass by - Ashraa, the invincible Warrior, making a complaint topic about Mages. Really, Ashraa? Hahaha!
    I know I can do nothing faced against you.

Sword of Telara

pve is so boring that i couldn't bare it anymore.
    i lvled 30-50 from pvp.

+ Reply to Thread