+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LoL @ OP Classes

Soulwalker

Default LoL @ OP Classes

Realy, most people who are posting that a single speck/class is OP are mostly just mad because they themselves do not know how to take them down. I have played all four class and can tell anyone that the key is not what class/speck ur but who/what your fighting and who/what ur.
    EX: Healing Cleric Vs Voidknight= Warroir win.
    If Pyro seems so OP, it is just because it is ezer to use. Get people who know how to counter it and you will find pyro is somewhat balanced.
    Thank you Trion for this very awsome game!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Voise View Post
    Realy, most people who are posting that a single speck/class is OP are mostly just mad because they themselves do not know how to take them down. I have played all four class and can tell anyone that the key is not what class/speck ur but who/what your fighting and who/what ur.
    If Pyro seems so OP, it is just because it is ezer to use. Get people who know how to counter it and you will find pyro is somewhat balanced.
    Ok...detail each 'combo' and how many other 'combos' can counter it for each archtype....

Then explain why Sab's were over the top, but pyros' aren't.

So a class is easier to play, so find someone better to kill them? So what if a person is very skilled and also a Pyro?

I have played all the classes too, but not all to 50, and unless you are speaking about 50, it doesnt matter.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Rift Disciple

Clueless.

A pyro that only needs a few skills + GoS, and doesn't even need to learn how to play telling others how to play = laughable.

Troll somewhere else.
    /endthread

Soulwalker

Default lol

i refuse to listen to a person who cant spell spec and easier lol

He is right though. Many people who complain about pvp seem to be casual pvpers.
    I cant tell you how many times ive been in WF and see only 2 people change specs due to the make up of the other side. And those same people ***** about losing, when a simple switch could have make it work a bit better (looking at you warriors)

Every class can see the holes in their make up and if you play them, or have a basic understanding of how they work, its not hard to figure out how to take them out.

Not to mention many simply refuse to use their pvp spec, which is how many clerics get to be so hard to kill. But looking at the other PvP souls, they pretty much undo everything that many other archtype does defensively,

Warriors can become a god damn wall with a pvp spec, or deal 22% extra damage to an enemy.
    Rogues reduces aoe damage taken which is a big thing in WF and reduces all damage taken by 50% and increases healing by 15% or increase their damage by like 3x% or have a finisher that drains mana and deals damage

I dont particularly care for most of the mage pvp soul (more so the final trees) but there are a lot of damage reduction in the roots as well as the base of the tree as well as more CC immunity.

But of course lets not use the pvp soul. Your miracle builds are doing A-OK atm, thats why there is so much complaint.

If you are not a serious pvper then there is no real reason for you to mention anything about pvp, because you dont make it your focus to gear and spec for pvp. Then you PvE hero it up in a pvp setting and wonder why it doesnt work well.

Which im sure trion has noticed, especially with their comment about mages not changing much from 1.1. It was just people sucked at using them. Probably the main reason why cleric so far are untouched. People just fail to spec for pvp.

Hell, its probably the reason why they didnt change pyros much.

PS: Its quite ironic that the complaints about the cleric class being too defensive. Our pvp soul is all defensive and no offense. It either makes us survive more, or makes our team survive more. Nothing offensive about it and it doesnt go well with most builds out there (dps wise). Every other PvP soul has an offensive and defensive side to it.
    Last edited by Eughe; 04-23-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    He is right though. Many people who complain about pvp seem to be casual pvpers.
    I cant tell you how many times ive been in WF and see only 2 people change specs due to the make up of the other side. And those same people ***** about losing, when a simple switch could have make it work a bit better (looking at you warriors)

Every class can see the holes in their make up and if you play them, or have a basic understanding of how they work, its not hard to figure out how to take them out.

Not to mention many simply refuse to use their pvp spec, which is how many clerics get to be so hard to kill. But looking at the other PvP souls, they pretty much undo everything that many other archtype does defensively,

Warriors can become a god damn wall with a pvp spec, or deal 22% extra damage to an enemy.
    Rogues reduces aoe damage taken which is a big thing in WF and reduces all damage taken by 50% and increases healing by 15% or increase their damage by like 3x% or have a finisher that drains mana and deals damage

I dont particularly care for most of the mage pvp soul (more so the final trees) but there are a lot of damage reduction in the roots as well as the base of the tree as well as more CC immunity.

But of course lets not use the pvp soul. Your miracle builds are doing A-OK atm, thats why there is so much complaint.

If you are not a serious pvper then there is no real reason for you to mention anything about pvp, because you dont make it your focus to gear and spec for pvp. Then you PvE hero it up in a pvp setting and wonder why it doesnt work well.

Which im sure trion has noticed, especially with their comment about mages not changing much from 1.1. It was just people sucked at using them. Probably the main reason why cleric so far are untouched. People just fail to spec for pvp.

Hell, its probably the reason why they didnt change pyros much.

PS: Its quite ironic that the complaints about the cleric class being too defensive. Our pvp soul is all defensive and no offense. It either makes us survive more, or makes our team survive more. Nothing offensive about it and it doesnt go well with most builds out there (dps wise). Every other PvP soul has an offensive and defensive side to it.
    :-) Take a Sab against a Pyro and tell us how to 'win'.

Rift Disciple

Default Yea I play pyro and people are killing me 1vs1 more and more

Who doesnt kill me are angry rawrrr l33t +crit dmg +crit mindless kiddies and casual players who ran out of stuff to do and hit que.

Invici clerics can kill me with dots alone lol... so can dozens of other specs. Explore the soul tree's my friends.

Shield of Telara

The pyro is the only OP class

the healing whiners are just idiots, theyd love Rift to turn into CoD or halo where everyone 1 shots everyone else with headshots

Rift Disciple

Rift: Where Pyros can tank Mellee, and Mellee have to LoS in order to win (Not even that, how do you win by LoSing a Pyro that doesn't move from his GoS and can have it instantly put down wherever he wants?).

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    :-) Take a Sab against a Pyro and tell us how to 'win'.
    If sabs arent cutting it, choose a different build?
    Im a melee cleric by heart, but i sure as hell dont use shamsn or druid(anymore, maybe when i get to R6 ill see how that goes) when i pvp. I couldn't pull ir off/it wasnt working it for me.

So i tried a different builds

/le gasp.

Rift Disciple

^Not sure if your trying to say Sham or Druid is underpowered in PvP or if your just sayin that you didnt like em or they just didnt work very well for you, but Shams are freaking awsome in PvP without CDs they arnt amazing but can take down most things 1v1 as long as you know what ur doing. Then with CDs, they can pretty much instantly kill someone every 1.5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac4 View Post
    ^Not sure if your trying to say Sham or Druid is underpowered in PvP or if your just sayin that you didnt like em or they just didnt work very well for you, but Shams are freaking awsome in PvP without CDs they arnt amazing but can take down most things 1v1 as long as you know what ur doing. Then with CDs, they can pretty much instantly kill someone every 1.5 mins.
    That part. It simply didnt work well for me so i changed to something else.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    If sabs arent cutting it, choose a different build?
    Im a melee cleric by heart, but i sure as hell dont use shamsn or druid(anymore, maybe when i get to R6 ill see how that goes) when i pvp. I couldn't pull ir off/it wasnt working it for me.

So i tried a different builds

/le gasp.
    Answer the question as posed to your earlier post, don't try to crawfish out of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast