+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Valor should reduce healing taken.

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default Valor should reduce healing taken.

    heals cant miss dodged or parry,they heal for true damage.
    as you get higher valor you get increased DR but the heals will just be stronger and you will get less damage.
    the problem is that if we look at rank 6 pvpers:
    a DPS that hit for 100 with rank 1 items will hit for 200 with rank 6 (example).
    a healer that would take 50 damage from a rank 1 player would take 80 damage from rank 6(better DR)
    a healer at rank 1 will heal for 100 and for 200 at rank 6.

    so basicly as higher the gear goes the heals become more and more powerful.

    if in 1.1 i get 100 damage and heals for 100 at 1.2 i'll get 70 damage and still heal for 100.
    any class that has heal will be better in 1.2

    P.S
    english is not my main language and i probably didnt explain myself very well,but i hope you understand the point.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Valor just sounds like a ridiculous idea to me in the first place... can anyone explain why it even exists, along with PvP souls?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Valor/Resil is the band-aid designers throw into the game to make power inflation of PvE managable in PvP. PvP souls/PvP trinkets are added into games with alot of CC, Burst, and survivle abilitys to compensate for thouse by adding increased damage, CC breakers, and your own form of survivle abilitys.

    SO BAND-AIDS FOR EVERYONE!!!

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    valor made for people that spend time on pvp so they can faceroll pve players with similiar but pve gear in open world. also to make it harder for newcomers to pvp.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I always thought making most abilities usable in both PvE and PvP makes more sense, but that might just be crazy talk

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cress Tristan View Post
    Valor just sounds like a ridiculous idea to me in the first place... can anyone explain why it even exists, along with PvP souls?
    To make it so baddie PVE players don't have an absurd advantage because they killed some Mob.

    As for the guy whining it makes New comers have more trouble in pvp..

    Please son.. New Comers will always be at a disadvantage in PvP, that's how it works, If you didn't have Valor, they'd be disadvantaged based against the PvE gear that's better then theirs.

    PvP souls are hit and miss, Some Specs can use them pretty decently, Others get more benefit by going up the other Souls.. even in PVP.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Melkrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    heals cant miss dodged or parry,they heal for true damage.
    as you get higher valor you get increased DR but the heals will just be stronger and you will get less damage.
    the problem is that if we look at rank 6 pvpers:
    a DPS that hit for 100 with rank 1 items will hit for 200 with rank 6 (example).
    a healer that would take 50 damage from a rank 1 player would take 80 damage from rank 6(better DR)
    a healer at rank 1 will heal for 100 and for 200 at rank 6.

    so basicly as higher the gear goes the heals become more and more powerful.

    if in 1.1 i get 100 damage and heals for 100 at 1.2 i'll get 70 damage and still heal for 100.
    any class that has heal will be better in 1.2

    P.S
    english is not my main language and i probably didnt explain myself very well,but i hope you understand the point.
    As a healer, I support this. If things remain as they are, everybody will eventually become immortal with minimum healing. This is already happening in some scenarios with a lot of passive AoE heals.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    To make it so baddie PVE players don't have an absurd advantage because they killed some Mob.

    As for the guy whining it makes New comers have more trouble in pvp..

    Please son.. New Comers will always be at a disadvantage in PvP, that's how it works, If you didn't have Valor, they'd be disadvantaged based against the PvE gear that's better then theirs.

    PvP souls are hit and miss, Some Specs can use them pretty decently, Others get more benefit by going up the other Souls.. even in PVP.
    If pve is for baddies, why are you playing rift? yay you have 4 warfronts..
    and you cant even queue with premade raids..

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    To make it so baddie PVE players don't have an absurd advantage because they killed some Mob.
    and how is that different than killing a player? you dont lose anything when you die, in pve you at least lose 10 gold.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    and how is that different than killing a player? you dont lose anything when you die, in pve you at least lose 10 gold.
    Breaking news, pvping means you have to react and counteract to actions, not just studying a tactic that works everytime no matter what ...
    So be my guest and find the difference lol
    Lieutenant Gahn Guardian Cleric Purifier-Warden-Templar
    <PANDEMONIUM> Shivermere EU
    Unsubbed

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    To make it so baddie PVE players don't have an absurd advantage because they killed some Mob.
    They won't have much of an advantage if you just buy equivalent gear with RvR tokens, though.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gahn View Post
    Breaking news, pvping means you have to react and counteract to actions, not just studying a tactic that works everytime no matter what ...
    So be my guest and find the difference lol
    you say it like its hard, lol.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    I dont really get valor either. People who PvP the most generally would rather have all gear equal.

    tbh, they should just normalize all gear for PvP so the only difference is how it looks. Then the mob killers still get no real advantage other than to show off their titles or cool looking gear.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    As a healer, I support this. If things remain as they are, everybody will eventually become immortal with minimum healing. This is already happening in some scenarios with a lot of passive AoE heals.
    i happy that healers agree also.

    as you can see this change won't affect PVE since at PVE people won't use valor items.
    people who use pvp to get gear in order to do pve will probably won't survive the bosses when they get some reduced healing because they use a pvp gear.

    so i think both PVE and PVP guys would agree that this change can only do good.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    you say it like its hard, lol.
    It surely is harder than figuring out the behaviour of a mob and then proceed to do the same 5 steps no matter what
    Lieutenant Gahn Guardian Cleric Purifier-Warden-Templar
    <PANDEMONIUM> Shivermere EU
    Unsubbed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts