+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heal tank?

Soulwalker

Default Heal tank?

has anyone explored the possiblity of healing tanking?

i would like to start off saying i do not expect this to be viable but i am curious. Since justi dps sucks no matter how you cut it, what about generating healing aggro. sound crazy? probably is. the idea is to spam heals on your self/group to generate threat with 300% threat generation from mien of leadership. Yes i know -40% heal from it. but if anyone knows what kind of threat healing generate compared to dmg i would love you forever. ie: 1 heal = .5 threat and 1 dmg = 1 threat. i dunno. regardless since aoe dps for a justi build is sub-par in holding aggro with a group memeber who puts out over 2k aoe dps i would like to try healing. as healing generates threat on all mobs involved in the fight. the other question i would need answered would be : if im at full life would the heal still generate its project threat? or does it only generate for real life replacing heals?

If this works there are obvious benefits as being your own off healer and if aoe pull u would never need to worry about mana since the block mana skill would pretty much keep you full. and im sure in comments i will find just about every negative thing.

if anyone can help me in my threat research it would be highly beneficial

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfiredeath View Post
    has anyone explored the possiblity of healing tanking?

i would like to start off saying i do not expect this to be viable but i am curious. Since justi dps sucks no matter how you cut it, what about generating healing aggro. sound crazy? probably is. the idea is to spam heals on your self/group to generate threat with 300% threat generation from mien of leadership. Yes i know -40% heal from it. but if anyone knows what kind of threat healing generate compared to dmg i would love you forever. ie: 1 heal = .5 threat and 1 dmg = 1 threat. i dunno. regardless since aoe dps for a justi build is sub-par in holding aggro with a group memeber who puts out over 2k aoe dps i would like to try healing. as healing generates threat on all mobs involved in the fight. the other question i would need answered would be : if im at full life would the heal still generate its project threat? or does it only generate for real life replacing heals?

If this works there are obvious benefits as being your own off healer and if aoe pull u would never need to worry about mana since the block mana skill would pretty much keep you full. and im sure in comments i will find just about every negative thing.

if anyone can help me in my threat research it would be highly beneficial
    Justicars already have some small group heals, why not just add another healing class to your tanking soul and try it out?

Until they nerf the sacred heirloom of eth I can already heal tank with just 1 point in invigorated soul as a rogue. It procs constantly on group heals at the moment (being nerfed in 1.2) and there's a constant green beam healing me and 2 other people in my group for 600 - 700 HP each hit. We usually have a cleric and a chloro in the group that have it as well and can potentially sustain the beams healing everyone in the group for a constant 600 - 700 HP on top of normal heals.

I had my chloro die the other day and between a bard with this trinket and myself using it we finished the boss fight easily with no main healer...
    Last edited by Elvirnith; 04-22-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

i've actually seen posts referring to this in the cleric forums. the justicar will spam the raid heals in between in tanking abilities to keep threat. i've done it in rifts myself and it works fairly well, although in a dungeon it would obviously be situational.

+ Reply to Thread