+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clerics saying l2focus fire/CC, could you not focus fire/CC VKs pre 1.1?

Default Clerics saying l2focus fire/CC, could you not focus fire/CC VKs pre 1.1?

Yea you could, yet all the clerics were on here crying about how OP VKs were and how they were draining their mana and no magic classes coulld kill them 1v1....

where was the teamwork back then to CC/kill/or run out of range from the VK? because all i hear from clerics is "learn how to focus fire" "learn how to time your cc" "learn teamwork"

sheesh, talk about hypocrites
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-22-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

maybe you should learn how to focus fire.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Void Knight is a tank soul. Have fun focus firing a tank soul with a healer backing him up. Have fun CC'ing the tank with a healer to cleanse him, or using his own breaks.

Not sure which Cleric you're refering to. Maybe healer? Cleric healers have 0 anti-CC measures. Inq does with a 2min cd for a free fear resist, big woop. It is far easier to CC a cleric than it is a tank, like void knight.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    Void Knight is a tank soul. Have fun focus firing a tank soul with a healer backing him up. Have fun CC'ing the tank with a healer to cleanse him, or using his own breaks.

Not sure which Cleric you're refering to. Maybe healer? Cleric healers have 0 anti-CC measures. Inq does with a 2min cd for a free fear resist, big woop. It is far easier to CC a cleric than it is a tank, like void knight.
    VKs don't have any cc 'breaks' against non-magic based cc. A VK is much easier to FF down than a Justicar + Sent + w/e... because of self healing and mitigation... tank v. tank, cleric is a better option.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Plane Touched

Cleric healers doesnt tank anything less than VK. At least any tank will die in time, even in 1v1, cleric wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    Cleric healers doesnt tank anything less than VK. At least any tank will die in time, even in 1v1, cleric wont.
    I never had trouble killing any tanking cleric, simply because they lack mitigation skills, especially to magic.
    To reach that high a cleric would need to spec deep into justicar and templar, reducing their damage to zero at that point and taking away any healing skills.
    The cleric can't be killed, but he can hardly heal and does no dmg. Your point is absent.
    Last edited by DaniWes; 04-23-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zax1
    Cleric healers
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    I never had trouble killing any tanking cleric
    You see what I did there?

But healers can be healed by healers as well and if you use your templar tree you get some nice anti-cc options. I think it's kinda sad that VK basically got neutered patch after patch [more like hotfix after hotfix] when all it was good for was annoying mana users, not outright killing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

lol, I don't think clerics are that big of a problem, but the OP does have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    Do you expect otherwise? Tanks/healer/damage/suppourt play different roles, omg so obvious.

I have no idea why you are trying to take tactics that work in one situation, like pressuring a healer, and wondering why it didn't work the same on a tank.
    Our beautiful, tortured biosphere.

Champion

I never really had problems with void knights--it's called being aware of your surroundings and getting your teammates to cc the vk's healer and kill the void knight. Repeat until you're camping their spawn and they cry out for cleric buffs.

Prophet of Telara

Are you going into WF with 51 Warden or Sentinel spec or something?
    Properly specced cleric is a lot harder to kill than a VK. What anti-CC does VK have? 6 sec magic debuff immunity? Doesn't help for squat when you are stunned or squirreled.
    Please educate yourself on the subject before making these ignorant statements.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Are you going into WF with 51 Warden or Sentinel spec or something?
    Properly specced cleric is a lot harder to kill than a VK. What anti-CC does VK have? 6 sec magic debuff immunity? Doesn't help for squat when you are stunned or squirreled.
    Aside from break free, most healing clerics are going to be placing points into healing souls that do not have anti-CC measures. Pre-emptive measures, sure. Glassy Reflection, Drown, Quietus, but to lock down a healing cleric is pretty easy. A player that runs in our premades does it all the time. With him locking them down, we simply ignore the healers, and things end up dying because the healer clerics do not have anti-CC.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Prophet of Telara

Aside from break free, most healing clerics are going to be placing points into healing souls that do not have anti-CC measures. Pre-emptive measures, sure. Glassy Reflection, Drown, Quietus, but to lock down a healing cleric is pretty easy. A player that runs in our premades does it all the time. With him locking them down, we simply ignore the healers, and things end up dying because the healer clerics do not have anti-CC.

So... in other word you are agreeing that your previous statement about being unable to just shutdown VK is full of crap?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    So... in other word you are agreeing that your previous statement about being unable to just shutdown VK is full of crap?
    Did not state unable to shutdown a VK, I pointed out that it is significantly more difficult to do so compared to a healer cleric. That is/was my point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast