+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is one shoting so bad

Telaran

Default Why is one shoting so bad

I mean it takes a pyro 100 charge or a 10% proc chance to get a chance to one shot. and then its all down to there crit. if they dont crit no one shot. its a very small chance. when i play lvl 50 pvp i see most mages as necro or chloro/lock because they do alot of dmg and have massive survivability.
    i never play pyro. my pvp spec is a elemental (debuff insanely effective on melee) and chloro (survivability)
    i dont do much dmg but i make sure the enemy doesn't either.
    If need be i have another pvp role to.
    Last edited by mellyonz; 04-22-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Are you high? Seriously?

Pyro isn't the only class that needs to build up before using his finisher (HENCE THE NAME)
    There is just no reason a class should 1shot another class.

I really hope you're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by mellyonz View Post
    I mean it takes a pyro 100 charge or a 10% proc chance to get a chance to one shot. and then its all down to there crit. if they dont crit no one shot. its a very small chance. when i play lvl 50 pvp i see most mages as necro or chloro/lock because they do alot of dmg and have massive survivability.
    i never play pyro. my pvp spec is a elemental (debuff insanely effective on melee) and chloro (survivability)
    TL;DR
    I'm so clueless about PvP that I can even dream of making others beleive me when I say one-shotting others is OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizrips View Post
    Welcome to Rift, the only game where mages and rogues have more survivability than Warriors. Also the only game where 2 handed weapon damage is laughable in pvp.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    Are you high? Seriously?

Pyro isn't the only class that needs to build up before using his finisher (HENCE THE NAME)
    There is just no reason a class should 1shot another class.

I really hope you're trolling.
    i play a warrior and by the time a pyro has a chance to one shot me he is already dead so warriors way more op. i mean i crit close to 2k there no chance a pyro can beat two 2k crits. also my crits have a way higher chance to proc.
    i mean champion gets a crit every 30 sec. if the parry or dodge my attack i get a 45% crit. and my standard 15%
    riftblade can silence every 15 sec i can get 2 interupts. i also can rift walk with a miny stun ever 10-15 sec.
    I also have a mage and can out survive any pyro with chloro/warlock
    I also have a cleric and that's just a given i can beat pyro.
    i would say rogues have biggest trouble but just go riftstalker i mean you get like 60% spell reduction.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gwannatar View Post
    TL;DR
    I'm so clueless about PvP that I can even dream of making others beleive me when I say one-shotting others is OK.
    the chances of a one shot are soooo slim. i mean you cinderburst or fulminate has to crit. most mages average about 20% crit max.
    so it takes about 12 seconds to get full charge to fulminate. then it has a 45 second cooldown.
    cinderburst alot easier.
    it can take a min of 10 seconds to get a cinderburst. or you could go dominator and have 50% damage bonus and reduced cast to like 2 sec.
    but again lets just keep it at 10 second with 20% crit. that means you average one 1shot every 1min and 40 sec. (this would also include fulminate becouse of long cooldown)
    that's not what i call effective.

the reality is the chance to crit is very low.

Sword of Telara

the chances of a one shot are soooo slim. i mean you cinderburst or fulminate has to crit. most mages average about 20% crit max.
    so it takes about 12 seconds to get full charge to fulminate. then it has a 45 second cooldown.
    cinderburst alot easier.
    it can take a min of 10 seconds to get a cinderburst. or you could go dominator and have 50% damage bonus and reduced cast to like 2 sec.
    but again lets just keep it at 10 second with 20% crit. that means you average one 1shot every 1min and 40 sec. (this would also include fulminate becouse of long cooldown)
    that's not what i call effective.

the reality is the chance to crit is very low.
    http://rift.ign.com/wiki/Nenvin's_Lament
    problem solved

i play a warrior and by the time a pyro has a chance to one shot me he is already dead so warriors way more op.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i mean i crit close to 2k there no chance a pyro can beat two 2k crits.
    What?

also my crits have a way higher chance to proc.
    i mean champion gets a crit every 30 sec.
    (this is my favourite part) critting every 30 secs?? OMFG nerfff

if the parry or dodge my attack i get a 45% crit. and my standard 15%
    riftblade can silence every 15 sec i can get 2 interupts. i also can rift walk with a miny stun ever 10-15 sec.
    Yeah riftwalk doesn't stun anyone but who cares

obvious troll is obvious, but then again thanks mate, you made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizrips View Post
    Welcome to Rift, the only game where mages and rogues have more survivability than Warriors. Also the only game where 2 handed weapon damage is laughable in pvp.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gwannatar View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What?

(this is my favourite part) critting every 30 secs?? OMFG nerfff

Yeah riftwalk doesn't stun anyone but who cares

obvious troll is obvious, but then again thanks mate, you made my day
    he is a mage pyro:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...80#post2153280

and sometimes warlock:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...73#post2200873

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    but its every 3 minutes its still pretty bad. that would still lave u one shoting like every 1min 30sec

Sword of Telara

but its every 3 minutes its still pretty bad. that would still lave u one shoting like every 1min 30sec
    so you are saying that one shotting each 1.5 minutes is not overpowered?
    i have on my rogue cooldowns of 2 minutes that gives me 15 seconds of burst,its not anywhere close to one shotting and its still on 2 minutes CD.

and also while you are not 1 shotting people you are 3 shotting them instead....

The reason why one-shoting is not ok is due to the fun factor.

Do you enjoy running across a map just in time to do nothing but return to where you were and start again?

It is not fun to die without any method to try to alter the results and by the time you know you are under attack you are a ghost.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

why not just give everyone an ability to do 100% damage and insta kill someone every 2 hours. O_o

crazy people. regardless of how long a cooldown is, or how hard it is to do something, if you can one shot someone it's not fun for the victim. Heck, I play an assassin and a large part of my time is ganking, but I don't want to be able to stun lock people. I'm also of the opinion a 100% heal is broken, regardless of the cooldown too, for the same reason in inverse. When it is used against you, it removes all fun.

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

One shots are great... when you play a FPS... actually everyone should have a one shot ability in their dps spec... it will really make the game that more fun! /signed
    Last edited by The Blackswordsman; 04-22-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    LMAO exposed

+ Reply to Thread