+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey Trion , I've Got something smart to say

Default Hey Trion , I've Got something smart to say

havent u noticed , that healing clerics are tottaly broken in pvp and which side has more clerics wins the fight no matter what

thank u for nerfing warriors to being next to useless , and no im a rogue , just leave the balance as it is and look at the warden/templar tree that has tons of shields and stackable shields nerf healing accross the board so we can enjoy our pvp wf not to look at which side has more clerics and afk for the rest of the game

thank u

With Warden being pretty much the only effective large-scale PvP healer, nerfing them would pretty much mean nerfing WF healing altogether, which IMO shouldn't happen. Yes, I have tried killing Wardens before, and yes its very hard, but a healer shouldn't be something you can go over and just 2-shot. They sacrificed 99% of they're ability to defend themselves in order to keep teammates alive, that's deserving of some perks IMO.

Soulwalker

As someone who plays warden soul primarily...I hate to break it to you... but we dont have any shields. Thats that other spec =)

Now we are awesome. But if you train us, instead of trying to kill the dps we are healing... oh shoot forgot. Training, that means all of you dps types, focus on one target. I know, its not as fun as everyone shooting their own target, but actually killing things is a bonus... now where was I.

Oh yes, training or CCing the healer right off the bat... wait... do I need to go over CC with you? That stuff that keeps me from casting my life saving heals on the target? Rogue specs have quite a few of them, you could always team up with a dom mage if your multiple cc's werent enough, yeah... sorry that damn teamwork thing again.

But seriously, and if you've read this far I'm pretty sure I'll eat my keyboard for your viewing pleasure on youtube. Either focus the healers down via working together, or CC / interrupt them while you assist targets down. It will require just a slight bit of team work, but you will be amazed at how well you can do with just a little bit of teamwork.

My pre made of four people (you may have stopped reading at premade, but I did say FOUR not 15 - 20) has about a 80 - 90% win rate simply because we call targets, use CC, and work as a group, and we quite frequently only have me as the healer for the entire WF while the other side has multiples. thats right, contrary to popular belief there are rather bad healers too, but thats an entirely different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostasis View Post
    As someone who plays warden soul primarily...I hate to break it to you... but we dont have any shields. Thats that other spec =)

Now we are awesome. But if you train us, instead of trying to kill the dps we are healing... oh shoot forgot. Training, that means all of you dps types, focus on one target. I know, its not as fun as everyone shooting their own target, but actually killing things is a bonus... now where was I.

Oh yes, training or CCing the healer right off the bat... wait... do I need to go over CC with you? That stuff that keeps me from casting my life saving heals on the target? Rogue specs have quite a few of them, you could always team up with a dom mage if your multiple cc's werent enough, yeah... sorry that damn teamwork thing again.

But seriously, and if you've read this far I'm pretty sure I'll eat my keyboard for your viewing pleasure on youtube. Either focus the healers down via working together, or CC / interrupt them while you assist targets down. It will require just a slight bit of team work, but you will be amazed at how well you can do with just a little bit of teamwork.

My pre made of four people (you may have stopped reading at premade, but I did say FOUR not 15 - 20) has about a 80 - 90% win rate simply because we call targets, use CC, and work as a group, and we quite frequently only have me as the healer for the entire WF while the other side has multiples. thats right, contrary to popular belief there are rather bad healers too, but thats an entirely different thread.
    well like i said if u didnt read

warden/templar

now lets see from ur pvp experience isnt the game turning into who has more heals win , since they killed the champion burst

warriors nerfs werent thought off not a bit but i dont blame trion i blame forum whiners that got us into a very boring situation

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ManOwaRR View Post
    well like i said if u didnt read

warden/templar

now lets see from ur pvp experience isnt the game turning into who has more heals win , since they killed the champion burst

warriors nerfs werent thought off not a bit but i dont blame trion i blame forum whiners that got us into a very boring situation
    Templar has one shield in it.
    "Your heals on a player that are under the effects of stuns, roots, or fears shield the ally for 500" Thats a nice ability, but rather hard for me to get it on myself if I am stunned or feared.

Now purifier has shields, you sure thats not what you are thinking about?

As from my pvp experience, and I am still new to the game, no its not about who has the most healers. Dont get me wrong healers DEFINITELY help and if side A has them and side B has 0 then yeah you are in for a rough ride, but healing doesnt automatically equal win.

As for warrior nerfs, dont know wasnt here prior just post, but there are plenty of classes that can burst a target down extremely quickly if played well and any class working with another class when played well can dps a target even with heals if they use their abilities correctly.

CC the healers, train the healers, healing debuff the target, etc etc or better yet, use multiple tactics I mentioned, CC the healer, then healing debuff the target, healer gets out of CC and targets already at 20% no way for a warden to catch up before the targets dead.

Banned

ITT:

DPS just tab targets then presses 1 button over and over and if health ever moves up instead of down, comes to forums and rages about healers.

L2play, ****, and have a nice day.

Shadowlander

HAHA Excellent post Thumbs up.

And I want to see the youtube video

sorry to say but i dont really have time to waste arguing with noobs

templar tree has 1 shield and 2 dmg reduction ability , i will name them detaunt the shield -50% dmg against players

-15% dmg from martyr -40% dmg from ethereal shell if u are silenced/stunned/snared , and they're all stakable

now tell me are u an unkillable god yes or no

very bad game design those shields should be disabled ruinning pvp

Soulwalker

Now we are awesome. But if you train us, instead of trying to kill the dps we are healing... oh shoot forgot. Training, that means all of you dps types, focus on one target.
    Translation: Im a raid boss in pvp, deal with it :P

Soulwalker

sorry to say but i dont really have time to waste arguing with noobs

templar tree has 1 shield and 2 dmg reduction ability , i will name them detaunt the shield -50% dmg against players

-15% dmg from martyr -40% dmg from ethereal shell if u are silenced/stunned/snared , and they're all stakable

now tell me are u an unkillable god yes or no

very bad game design those shields should be disabled ruinning pvp
    Ok its a terminology issue with you. These aren't shields, they are abilities. Most folks when they think of shields think of a barrier between me and you that blocks damage to a certain point and then dissipates. These are different. Lets talk about them.

Detaunt is a very nice skill, buts its on a medium cool down and only affects 1 target. So yes, if YOU are trying to kill me SOLO then yes I can detaunt you and go about my business for a brief period of time. Which is where you should probably stop attacking me and focus on another target, CC me so the cool down is wasted, or rely on one of your team mates who is not affected by detaunt (one target remember) to **** me.

Martyr, another great ability. However, did you read it? It only lasts 10 seconds and I have to take more than 10% damage to trigger it three times for a total of 15% damage reduction.

Meaning, I have to lose 30% of my health to be able to negate 15% of your damage for 10 seconds.

To clarify, that means I have to lose 1500 hp roughly every 10 seconds just so I can stop 15% of your damage. Just to give you an idea, thats a 75 damage reduction per 500 damage. Again... for 10 seconds.

This buff isnt up all the time, and even if it was, 15% is nice, but its not OMFG game ending.

Ethereal shield is another nice ability. 25% reduction while stunned (cant do anything), Root (fully functional - movement), Silenced (cant do anything).

Assuming you some how managed to do 1500 damage to me (500 damage in 3 different swings back to back) and then instantly stun me, and some how right before you stunned me I hit you with detaunt I'd have 90% damage reduction to you for 10 seconds assuming your stun lasted that long.

In that situation I can see how you might think thats over powered. The above situation would never happen.

You probably arent going to do 500 damage x 3 to me consistently over 10 seconds to keep martyr up. If you do, you are probably going to kill me before long.

Focus on stuns and silences, avoid roots. While stunned and silenced I get a buff to your damage, but at the same time cant refresh my hots. My hots are what keep me alive.

Finally if I detaunt you, just cc me and switch targets, when it drops come back. I cant re-detaunt you immediately.

You killing me will be hard unless you play your toon correctly, but its not unbalanced. These abilities allow me to survive stun locks (barely) and give me a fighting chance. Yes they pretty much mean a solo low dps toon wont ever kill me, but at the same time I will NEVER EVER kill you.

Your argument there is probably "Yeah but the people you are healing will!" So then perhaps you should team up with at least 1 other person like I am and kill me? Just saying.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Malothea View Post
    Translation: Im a raid boss in pvp, deal with it :P
    Raid boses hit like trucks, I hit like an infant with out his pacifier.

Ok its a terminology issue with you. These aren't shields, they are abilities. Most folks when they think of shields think of a barrier between me and you that blocks damage to a certain point and then dissipates. These are different. Lets talk about them.

Detaunt is a very nice skill, buts its on a medium cool down and only affects 1 target. So yes, if YOU are trying to kill me SOLO then yes I can detaunt you and go about my business for a brief period of time. Which is where you should probably stop attacking me and focus on another target, CC me so the cool down is wasted, or rely on one of your team mates who is not affected by detaunt (one target remember) to **** me.

Martyr, another great ability. However, did you read it? It only lasts 10 seconds and I have to take more than 10% damage to trigger it three times for a total of 15% damage reduction.

Meaning, I have to lose 30% of my health to be able to negate 15% of your damage for 10 seconds.

To clarify, that means I have to lose 1500 hp roughly every 10 seconds just so I can stop 15% of your damage. Just to give you an idea, thats a 75 damage reduction per 500 damage. Again... for 10 seconds.

This buff isnt up all the time, and even if it was, 15% is nice, but its not OMFG game ending.

Ethereal shield is another nice ability. 25% reduction while stunned (cant do anything), Root (fully functional - movement), Silenced (cant do anything).

Assuming you some how managed to do 1500 damage to me (500 damage in 3 different swings back to back) and then instantly stun me, and some how right before you stunned me I hit you with detaunt I'd have 90% damage reduction to you for 10 seconds assuming your stun lasted that long.

In that situation I can see how you might think thats over powered. The above situation would never happen.

You probably arent going to do 500 damage x 3 to me consistently over 10 seconds to keep martyr up. If you do, you are probably going to kill me before long.

Focus on stuns and silences, avoid roots. While stunned and silenced I get a buff to your damage, but at the same time cant refresh my hots. My hots are what keep me alive.

Finally if I detaunt you, just cc me and switch targets, when it drops come back. I cant re-detaunt you immediately.

You killing me will be hard unless you play your toon correctly, but its not unbalanced. These abilities allow me to survive stun locks (barely) and give me a fighting chance. Yes they pretty much mean a solo low dps toon wont ever kill me, but at the same time I will NEVER EVER kill you.

Your argument there is probably "Yeah but the people you are healing will!" So then perhaps you should team up with at least 1 other person like I am and kill me? Just saying.
    stop blah blah about it we all know they are op , sooner or later they gonna get nerfed better sooner then later , havent u seen a cleric with an ability to take 0% dmg from players i have seen , 6+ more dps player on the same cleric and still failed to killhim defending an op stats of healing cleric is useless , accept it and admit it and leave with a good face
    Last edited by ManOwaRR; 04-22-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Ascendant

It was such a pity I didnt record a black garden fight I just had 20 minutes ago...
    It was 9v9 and both sides had plenty of clerics with 2 bards.
    My side (defiant) had a 6 pre-made and the other side seems to have about the same in pre-made. I was on my lv32 warrior (RB/Pala) and I scored 0 kb zero death (i never picked up the fang tho) and........................ 150k damage. Yes 150k damage on a level 32 warrior in 30-39 bracket.

Both teams scored 0 kills other than the death from carrying the fang. (there was zero killing bow)

Talk about healer pwnage. (in case you didnt notice, wasnt bragging about me topping damage chart with 150k as lv32). The whole point if both teams had healers set their mind on keeping everyone including themselves alive, then no one dies.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 04-22-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Soulwalker

havent u seen a cleric with an ability to take 0% dmg from players i have seen , 6+ more dps player on the same cleric and still failed to killhim
    I would really like to have this ability on my cleric. I seem to be defective as I die with significantly fewer players on me.

Sorry, but a warden doesnt put out enough HPS to stop 6 dps players from dropping them damn near instantly. Making that claim makes you sound completely and utterly clueless.

Shield of Telara

Healers get the least amount of favor for winning and losing, the only reason to play a healer is to be a team player and drag your team to victory, this type of player should be rewarded with a semi OP class, that IS beatable by people who know what they are doing

Its risk vs reward, get over it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast