Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Trion unveils a new tool: the nerf chisel!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Funny thing is people are skipping the Valor changes once again, which means are we ready for this....

a Pyro stood in GoS vs a geared pvper = -40% damage reduction off the bat.

thats without adding in Valor runes, resistances, buffs, etc.

What this means to you:

No more 1-2 shotting in endgame PvP encounters.

Scrub Pyro's will become ever more pronounced

Pyro's didnt get a damage buff to counter Valor, thus they will see quite a large reduction

Necro/Lock got several bugs fixed and this also means, they will see a large damage reduction from Valor (bread and butter damage = dots, dots get substaintally weaker with valor)

Warrior faceroll dps, wont be so faceroll anymore, only BM got any kind of dps related buff to assist with valor changes, Para's, RB's & Champs will feel the changes more than most.

Overall the PvP endgame experience will be slowed down, it is only a good thing that the general pace of PvP will be slowed down, it is much too insta-gib in 1.1 and the valor changes are really going to seperate the Faceroll from the Skill.
    Did you really just say that a global defence increase is somehow a nerf to a single classes damage. Every class gets that nerf. That means the class that used to do top damage still does top damage.

Lets not even start on the fact that all pvp gear is getting better stats on it now and that SP actually scales at over twice the rate Attack does so mages actually get an overall damage boost with 1.2.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dobranoc View Post
    Think other games that had Valor (WoW with Resil) at first Damage is high, but more this damage redux is around the less damage would be and more game changing heals will be. SO that being said it will go from burst to heals and CC, so any class that can self heal/group heal will become the next OP class.
    Yes, imagine Clerics with an extra 13-15% damage mitigation in pvp. WTF?!?!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    It's shocking, though not unexpected, to see that the changes being tested on the Alpha server are what we asked for in most cases all along. Small changes because that's all that were needed: a lot of things in the past weren't really overpowered but got nerfed into uselessness.

I see the tiny changes to Pyros and I can't help but say "I told you so." We've seen Gersh and his team pulling out earth-moving machines to sculpt what amount to dirt piles.. but when it comes to the solid-rock mountain that is the Pyro (and mage, in general), out comes a tiny little chisel.

Cool, Gersh, keep the favoritism up. Every time there's been a major bug causing something to be "too strong" we (the community) have asked for a bugfix, and as these were LEGITIMATE BUGS, we wanted hotfixes. What you responded with was a "fix" for the bug plus a MASSIVE nerf. When we have a legitimate balance issue that is NOT the result of a bug, we ask for a balance patch (and a huge nerf, in fact) and what we get is a bandaid which doesn't even address our concerns. Really? I told no fewer than 10 non-Rift playing friends who are heavily experienced with MMOs and PvP in general what GoS does along with videos of what they do to R5 geared TANK SPECCED PLAYERS. They all said they'd never subscribe because something like that was even permitted to be put into this game. Not kidding, it's so blatantly overpowered even conceptually that it makes people swear that they will never touch this game. Yet it looks like this kind of brokenly stupid idea is here to stay.

RIFT (aka WARHAMMER 2.0): Pyromancers of Telara

Welcome, your fire mage overlords have passed Gershlol's test. They win, you lose, enjoy your stay.
    You can ask all you want, Unless you bring it up at a board meeting it will fall on deaf ears.

Did you really just say that a global defence increase is somehow a nerf to a single classes damage. Every class gets that nerf. That means the class that used to do top damage still does top damage.
    Do you understand that burst classes suffer the most from this?

Classes\builds with less dps usually have much more survivability and feel much better in a longer fight.

Pyro is not like that. You can't even imagine now how weak he is if you've survived his burst. In case you're a good player ofc. Imagine that - you sheep a cleric and burst him down through CC. Good. Now you sheep a cleric, but your burst fails. It leaves you with nothing but cooldowns and a kok in your face.

Now all you can do is stable dps on the cleric. He've got DR on your cc, your burst cooldowns are used. I won't even mention the mana issues.

Full pyro without his heatwave is pathetic. He just stands in 1 place spamming fireballs, and his kiting won't make a trick since he simply don't have enough tools to kite a good melee.

So this overall survivability buff will hurt pyros the most of all, while buffing necro\lock and necro\chloro builds.

All healers will benefit from it too as they don't give a sh?t how much less damage they do.

Lets not even start on the fact that all pvp gear is getting better stats on it now and that SP actually scales at over twice the rate Attack does so mages actually get an overall damage boost with 1.2.
    You compare about 20% total mitigation increase with a couple dozens of spellpower?

You sir is sad.

You don't understand how pvp works, and you don't see who actually gets the nerf from it, and who's getting the buff.
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

Rift Disciple

Gersh cant have you mess with Mages and Pyros ... he almost has them where he wants them.

aslong as gersh influence the balance the balance will always be a mage profit.

It is not only the pyro.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgan View Post
    Do you understand that burst classes suffer the most from this?

Classes\builds with less dps usually have much more survivability and feel much better in a longer fight.

Pyro is not like that. You can't even imagine now how weak he is if you've survived his burst. In case you're a good player ofc. Imagine that - you sheep a cleric and burst him down through CC. Good. Now you sheep a cleric, but your burst fails. It leaves you with nothing but cooldowns and a kok in your face.

Now all you can do is stable dps on the cleric. He've got DR on your cc, your burst cooldowns are used. I won't even mention the mana issues.

Full pyro without his heatwave is pathetic. He just stands in 1 place spamming fireballs, and his kiting won't make a trick since he simply don't have enough tools to kite a good melee.

So this overall survivability buff will hurt pyros the most of all, while buffing necro\lock and necro\chloro builds.

All healers will benefit from it too as they don't give a sh?t how much less damage they do.

You compare about 20% total mitigation increase with a couple dozens of spellpower?

You sir is sad.

You don't understand how pvp works, and you don't see who actually gets the nerf from it, and who's getting the buff.
    You are completely missing my point.

This is a bigger nerf for warrior and rogue spike dps builds, so shut up.

That succinct enough for you?
    Last edited by Gill; 04-27-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: rude

Rift Disciple

What Gigantic buff to warrior? You mean trying to add something to Warlord and VK to make them somewhat desirable and not just secondary souls? Whippy do. I already have a tank build that works. Working on these 2 souls does nothing for me at all.
    At least they are usefull, unless your a NB + other rogue class you can do half what a warrior or mage does

How is this going to stop me from being perpetually stunned by Mages in GOS? Or being 2 shotted by them? Where is the fix for the real issues with Pyros? How is removing these 2 factors from PVP gutting the most powerful class in the game?
    And while you are getting 2 shot, while doing twice what i can do, i get 1 shotted....

Rogue has a longway to go.... before its up there...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    It's shocking, though not unexpected, to see that the changes being tested on the Alpha server are what we asked for in most cases all along. Small changes because that's all that were needed: a lot of things in the past weren't really overpowered but got nerfed into uselessness.

I see the tiny changes to Pyros and I can't help but say "I told you so." We've seen Gersh and his team pulling out earth-moving machines to sculpt what amount to dirt piles.. but when it comes to the solid-rock mountain that is the Pyro (and mage, in general), out comes a tiny little chisel.

Cool, Gersh, keep the favoritism up. Every time there's been a major bug causing something to be "too strong" we (the community) have asked for a bugfix, and as these were LEGITIMATE BUGS, we wanted hotfixes. What you responded with was a "fix" for the bug plus a MASSIVE nerf. When we have a legitimate balance issue that is NOT the result of a bug, we ask for a balance patch (and a huge nerf, in fact) and what we get is a bandaid which doesn't even address our concerns. Really? I told no fewer than 10 non-Rift playing friends who are heavily experienced with MMOs and PvP in general what GoS does along with videos of what they do to R5 geared TANK SPECCED PLAYERS. They all said they'd never subscribe because something like that was even permitted to be put into this game. Not kidding, it's so blatantly overpowered even conceptually that it makes people swear that they will never touch this game. Yet it looks like this kind of brokenly stupid idea is here to stay.

RIFT (aka WARHAMMER 2.0): Pyromancers of Telara

Welcome, your fire mage overlords have passed Gershlol's test. They win, you lose, enjoy your stay.
    you just now noticing this?

i noticed as soon as 1.1 released... i've been stating it for over a month... it seems like rift is going down the exact same path as warhammer.... and we all know what happened to warhammer...

someone at Trion better do something or this game will nose dive even worse than it already has...

be interesting to see the subscription numbers after the first of the month..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post
    you just now noticing this?

i noticed as soon as 1.1 released... i've been stating it for over a month... it seems like rift is going down the exact same path as warhammer.... and we all know what happened to warhammer...

someone at Trion better do something or this game will nose dive even worse than it already has...

be interesting to see the subscription numbers after the first of the month..
    The best PvE raiding guilds are only logging in to do their weekly runs of GSB/RoS since they're on farm. The PvP isn't worth doing once you've grinded to R6 because it's completely broken (most people realize this, only delusional mages still think it's "fun" and who wouldn't when you have a clearly massive bias towards you).

Stale end-game with everything being too easy or on farm mode, with brokenly bad PvP. This is precisely how WAR was after release. If historical trends mean anything, when the next few big titles show up, Rift will drop to a small fraction of its current subscribers because they aren't doing anything to keep us around.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. Please refrain from creating posts or threads that are intended to bait or mock others, or rally negative, non-constructive responses. You are welcome to share your thoughts on our forums, and even debate, as long as it is done in a respectful and constructive manner.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5