+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4 Roles is totally enough. Thanks Trion!

Banned

Default 4 Roles is totally enough. Thanks Trion!

I'm serious.

Four roles. We've got plenty here to choose from. I mean, you're only really ever using 1 spec at a time, right?

I personally have trouble choosing whether to sit in the front or the back seat, and I get confused when I've got a friend to my right and to my left, which seat can I take? Seriously, it's a tough question. I don't need more choices to make here.

So let's minimize the potential confusion and keep it at 4. Maybe that's too many even. Which role can I take? This isn't a question I want to be faced with every time I log on.

Proof that we need fewer choices. TOO MANY DECISIONS!

Shadowlander

They added a 5th in the test servers. Also I strongly beleive that you should only have 1 spec, if not then max 3. Thats just me. 4 is fine, 5 is kinda overkill. But its notthing that would break or make the game, would it?

0/10

Tryhard.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

I'd LOVE to have 5. TY Trion.

I'm going to need at least 6 before I'm comfortable.

1 Tanky
    2 Melee DPS
    3 Ranged DPS
    4 MT Heal Spec
    5 PvP Heal
    6 PvP rDPS

Erm, I might actually like a couple more.

7 PvP Melee
    8 AoE Heal Spec

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazghkul View Post
    I'd LOVE to have 5. TY Trion.
    Likewise!!! That gives me a role to experiment with!!!!

Time to get grinding rune mats. Gonna need another 200 plat before patch hits
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Master

You're on a roll with creating bad threads today Jmerlin. Keep up the good work madbro.

Yeah a fifth role would be fantastic! I don't know what class you're playing but a cleric is beyond limited with 4 roles.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    I'm serious.

Four roles. We've got plenty here to choose from. I mean, you're only really ever using 1 spec at a time, right?

I personally have trouble choosing whether to sit in the front or the back seat, and I get confused when I've got a friend to my right and to my left, which seat can I take? Seriously, it's a tough question. I don't need more choices to make here.

So let's minimize the potential confusion and keep it at 4. Maybe that's too many even. Which role can I take? This isn't a question I want to be faced with every time I log on.

You use 1 spec at a time so you don't need to purchase even 2nd role, run with only one role and be happy.

The fact that we can use 1 spec at a time means that if someone have even 100 roles it would not be imbalance. So 5 roles is better than 4 and so on. More roles = same balance + more comfort.
    Atrox@Shivermere, mage

Rift Chaser

1 aoe tank spec
    1 physical tank spec
    1 magic tank spec
    1 DPs spec
    1 Range dps spec since alot of non meele friendly
    1 pvp spec

So ya 6 would be perfect number but ill live with 5

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    I'm serious.

Congratulations! Trion heard your request and is allowing you to choose whether or not you wanted to spend the money on a 5th role slot!

Keep the extra roles comming Trion. The people who want to make their own lives harder by restricting themselves to four to make themselves feel like they're somehow more "leet" can just not pay for the extra slots. Self correcting issue imo.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

There's 2 reasons for the role explosion.

1) PvP souls
    2) Min/maxing for instanced PvE

If the instances were more interesting so that the tank didn't hold aggro as easily and you have the chance of PvP inside them people wouldn't need to many. You'd see more hybrid / creative specs like people use for small group / open world now.

Soulwalker

they could add 300 roles and it wouldnt make a difference.

this game is yet another too easy mmo.

seriously think about it. you got someone to tank. that's not hard. getting armor isnt hard. spamming agro spells isnt hard. hey maybe you can get some dps going. gee fer fun.

dps classes. all they do is just spam their dps. i dont care if its dots, or dd spells or rogue backstabs or mele spells or even inverse dps stuff like debuffs. theyre ALL DPS. you just spam them in whatever order. only strategy is not to overdo it so your tank loses the agro and it goes to you. but hey you got healing spells and a healer so no biggie anyway.

then theres the healing class. hmmm. really no challenge there. heal heal heal. its like playing wack-o-mole. head pops up, you heal it. only thing for a healer is to make sure HE doesnt grab aggro by dishing out whopping heals.

tanks and spank! tanks and spank! and dish the heals when needed.

come on tiron and a zillion other mmo devs and publishers. if we wanted wow WED PLAY IT!. but its the way the biz goes. its like the movies. someone makes a super hero movie that does well and then everyone else comes in with their ME TOO super hero movies. someone makes a carnival style mmo thats simple and accessible (ie blizzard) and suddenly EVERYONE is making the same. don't want to miss out on the masses and the MONEY that comes with them by making a better game that caters to a niche group.

can't blame trion for doing so on their freshman effort. gotta play it safe. then they can make a better game.

anyway thats what i have to say about roles. have as many as you like. theyre all the same. the holy trinity. the supreme triumverate. TANK. SPANK and HEAL. zzzz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast