+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My noob PvP experience as Warlock (32)/Chloro (17)/I forget (0)

Default My noob PvP experience as Warlock (32)/Chloro (17)/I forget (0)

I'm a bright, shiny and new 37 Player. This is my main. I've used assorted Warlock/?/? builds in an attempt to find some happiness.

I settled on Warlock/Chloro b/c I like the healing aspect of Chloro, and after reading on the forums about it's survivability I figured why not?

So I've leveled on this build since 32. Played some PvP in the Warfronts, but nothing to any effect. Like all beginning PvPers I treated each person as a mob, tunnel vision, death. repeat. Sometimes I did well, most times not so much.

Well, last night I made a concentrated effort to play. Sure I got rolled, a lot. As I became more and more dispirited I just accepted that I sucked and commenced playing.

That's when things changed. I started to improve. I noticed I was able to put out some good damage. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to sneeze at either. My CC (fear) is good, if I don't DoT up my opponents first.

Healing...I generally didn't buff anyone with Synthesis except the Fang/Flag carriers. Then I would alternate between Death and Life damage.

I discovered I could take on 3 players, and do very well. Sure I died, but damn did I make them earn it. That right there, I think that was my turning point from 'bleh' to omg! what fun.

So anyway, that was just me hopping on the boards providing a -very- brief insight into a Noobs forays into PvP with a sturdy build

Cool, my warrior just collapses like wet cardboard if I get 3 people on me. Good thing I can wear plate armor.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

While i am a cloth wearer, juggling fear between 2 guys and using healing spells + shadow life allowed me to pull tha fight off. nothing realy astounding, but a point where i began to learn my class and increased my playskill a little

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmin View Post
    I'm a bright, shiny and new 37 Player. This is my main. I've used assorted Warlock/?/? builds in an attempt to find some happiness.

I settled on Warlock/Chloro b/c I like the healing aspect of Chloro, and after reading on the forums about it's survivability I figured why not?

So I've leveled on this build since 32. Played some PvP in the Warfronts, but nothing to any effect. Like all beginning PvPers I treated each person as a mob, tunnel vision, death. repeat. Sometimes I did well, most times not so much.

Well, last night I made a concentrated effort to play. Sure I got rolled, a lot. As I became more and more dispirited I just accepted that I sucked and commenced playing.

That's when things changed. I started to improve. I noticed I was able to put out some good damage. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to sneeze at either. My CC (fear) is good, if I don't DoT up my opponents first.

Healing...I generally didn't buff anyone with Synthesis except the Fang/Flag carriers. Then I would alternate between Death and Life damage.

I discovered I could take on 3 players, and do very well. Sure I died, but damn did I make them earn it. That right there, I think that was my turning point from 'bleh' to omg! what fun.

So anyway, that was just me hopping on the boards providing a -very- brief insight into a Noobs forays into PvP with a sturdy build
    Dont get to disheartened.. Mage kinda sux pre-50 in pvp we fold so easy it isnt funny. once you hit rank 2 things start to get better with 15% Phys dmg reduction. I have a 41 Chloro 10 Elem 15 Archmage build I like to pvp with that is very tough and very fun to play.. Once you hit Rank 4 you can be a beast either Offensively or Defensive and have lots of fun.

CC is still rediculous though so when fighting pre-mades expect to be frustrated with the Stun Silence Stun squirl stun silence and on and on usually you are dead about the time the second stun hits and there is nothing you can really do about it. Pyro's exempt.. I refuse to play them though I dont like being a human turret and I do far better dmg on my 51 warlock 15 Archmage spec anyway.

Yep, Lock/Chloro is possibly the best survivability in 1v2+ situations.

21 is the sweetspot for chloro.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...-19_212450.jpg

Banned

I can have 5 people on me and be completely fine. Unless one of those 5 people is a pyro. And then I die.

Because I'll be swi--UNBREAKABLY ROOTED-- STUNNED STUNNED 2k 2k STUNNED STUNNED --nging and trying to self-he-- STUNNED STUNNED 3.2k 1k STUNNED STUNNED -- eal.. and trying to pop coold-- STUNNED STUNNED STUNNED STUNNED 2k 2.4k STUNNED STUNNED STUNNED --owns.

That's always cool. I love classes that get non-DR chain-stun ability as I play a very-low-dps class whos survivability is 100% active and requires clickable hotbars. And I can't just target them and silence or stun or whatever to use CC appropriately -- defensively. Even with detaunt and heavy PvP soul investment the stuns alone are enough to result in death.

+ Reply to Thread