+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All souls for all classes.

Lightbulb All souls for all classes.

I remember rift before beta started. I thought you could be any combination of souls with any character class.

I think they should remove classes all together. Let you pick up other souls by doing quests. Or Boss drops.

Would be like 10 million times more fun. And you would have so many unique combination's.
    Last edited by Herpz; 04-21-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Alpha Patch Notes. Here
    I was the first person to post the alpha patch notes. Its history.

I actually like this idea. =D

Telaran

Im sure a lot of people will complain, but I was actually thinking about this last night.

How much better could you get by taking cleric and mage souls together so you can heal as a mage?

Wait. They can do that, already. Youd be a mage; In fact, it should say what class you are based on the souls you take (Oh wait, doesnt it color you differently in raids based on what souls you take? So whats the difficulty here?)

I was thinking, how much fun it would be if I had the option of taking 2 warrior souls and a rogue soul, and 66/33 of the two energy types - wouldnt give me much ability to use rogue skills, but I would certainly be able to take skills that I liked, especially poisons.

Theres other combinations, like tanks taking rift stalker for what, more armor and endurance.. isnt that what their souls already do? Though I can see Guardian Phase being a bit powerful there. In most cases, though, having to go deep into another classes tree will change your class - ie: what you can wear, weild, and use. Taking Warrior tank souls and rift stalker would require you to put as little as possible into rogue or you become a rogue, and theres no shield for rogue.

Soulwalker

Default All Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Herpz View Post
    I remember rift before beta started. I thought you could be any combination of souls with any character class.

I think they should remove classes all together. Let you pick up other souls by doing quests. Or Boss drops.

Would be like 10 million times more fun. And you would have so many unique combination's.
    This is similar to this post http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...1376-All-souls! It would absolutely solve all "Balance" issues, since anybody can do anything. Anybody can choose any armor, but only certain armor would benefit the souls you choose, so choose wisely!

Soulwalker

Since clerics, rogues and warriors can tank, all 4 classes can dps, and only clerics and mages can heal, how about another class that has a heal spec so we don't spend hours looking for a decent healer ;)

I would be okay with this, but the implications would be huge.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by relkarek View Post
    Since clerics, rogues and warriors can tank, all 4 classes can dps, and only clerics and mages can heal, how about another class that has a heal spec so we don't spend hours looking for a decent healer ;)
    Honestly, these days I spend more time looking for DPS than anything else on my sub-50 characters.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

This would be a balancing nightmare. The game is pretty freewheeling as is.

I guess nobody thought about how difficult it would be to combine energy and mana huh. Unlimited resources for a healer? A tank going oom and losing threat? This is a fine idea if you start from the ground up, but Rift is already established and developed. They can't make such a huge change so late in the game's life.

Sez

OP had to have his own special thread about a topic he saw someone else post?

Its fun to play make-believe though, and dress up. Sometimes, my toon puts on a dress and I pretend to cast magic spells like a mage.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

How would you determine who could use what gear?

Itemization would be a nightmare. Most people would end up completely gimping their characters. Warrior mage? Stack str/dex or int? If you go half and half you'd be pretty gimp. Plate doesn't have int stats on it I don't think, most doesn't. So you'd be wearing chain.

Organizing a raid would be pretty nasty as well, and how would you determine who gets what gear since anybody could do anything.

I don't think there would be balance issues, anyone could do anything they wanted. The same tools would be available to each player. Some will complain (WAAAAAAAAAH I don't want to play my toon this way, it is unfair that I can't play how I want and be as effective as that guy) but those QQer's will be around forever and there will always be sand in their uncomfortable places so meh.

I like the idea, but I think the game has to be designed from the ground up with that idea in mind. I don't think it would work well in the current infrastructure/game design. If they planned to do this in an expansion they could prepare for it, but I think all of us can realistically agree this will not happen. It would be interesting though. I'd like to make a paladin/pyro, lmao. Imagine the QQing!
    Video of best Mage spec in action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Soulwalker

The armor/weapons wouldn't be that hard to handle. I played FFXI before this and the way they handled it was you had a main job and a sub job. The armor/weapons you could equip had to be useable with your main job, regardless of your sub.

The only issue I have with this game is making a new character in order to try the other classes. This is probably why players are always crying about balance issues. It sucks when you consider the time spent leveling a character to 50, getting gear, training, and then have to start all over again. Even if the player loves their class of choice a simple nerf can make them hate how the class plays. I personally feel this is why the population is getting low in each shard.

The idea to unlock the other classes is great and would add a good amount of game play and balance. Trion wouldn't have to make the classes/souls combine, just being able to switch would be beneficial.

I would like it, but it would be unfair to people who leveled several callings already.

I would love to see a 'balanced' system like this. But even with current restrictions there are FOTM builds popping up non stop. Imagine how much worse it would be if we had this system. Would be cool to have this... but not as long as Trion is responsible for the 'balance'.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

+ Reply to Thread