+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior or Cleric, which is more fun? Easier to solo?

Rift Chaser

Default Warrior or Cleric, which is more fun? Easier to solo?

So i have a mage and rogue, and i like them. But I need a third toon so I can get some more professions to help out my other toons.

I always like to have all the professions covered so I can save gold etc etc.

I heard warrior DPS was really OP and soloing with them was real easy. But then I heard they nerfed them or whatever and now soloing with them is pretty difficult.

I'm not in a guild (id like to join one) so I mostly just run around by myself solo questing. So if Im mostly going to be by myself, do you think a warrior or cleric would be easier to level up faster?

And what about the fun factor. for the people who have both warrior and a cleric which do you think is more fun?

Im a little hestiant to create a Cleric simply because it seems EVERYONE has one.

Of those 2 choices I have to go with Cleric.
    Click for Build
    And if you think RBs are OP from 35-50, you shouldn't be participating in any sort
    of pvp other than maybe a dance-off. And even then, think twice. - Banthaz

The flavor of the month is currently Mage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Blueacid View Post
    So i have a mage and rogue, and i like them. But I need a third toon so I can get some more professions to help out my other toons.

I always like to have all the professions covered so I can save gold etc etc.

I heard warrior DPS was really OP and soloing with them was real easy. But then I heard they nerfed them or whatever and now soloing with them is pretty difficult.

I'm not in a guild (id like to join one) so I mostly just run around by myself solo questing. So if Im mostly going to be by myself, do you think a warrior or cleric would be easier to level up faster?

And what about the fun factor. for the people who have both warrior and a cleric which do you think is more fun?

Im a little hestiant to create a Cleric simply because it seems EVERYONE has one.
    Cleric is a good choice but expect to do a a lot of healing. Most Clerics (on my shard anyway) don't heal, so I get loads of invites to heal expert dungeons. Kind of a good way to get a lot of runs. Sucks when the tank is wearing a napkin though (obviously).

You can have lots of fun and be in high demand as a Cleric.

Rift Chaser

I don't really want to heal tho.

I healed in WOW and it was "ok". I created a rogue because I've never had a melee class and I wanted to sneak up and stab people in the back.

Can clerics do range AND melee?

Shadowlander

Both are fun, one generally kills faster (war) the other obviously has better survivability (cle) (unless you're running as a tank of course). Play based on whatever souls catch your fancy and don't worry 'bout the who's nerfed/OP atm.

Advice, for fast leveling, I would recommend the BM being one of your soul, enough points that your pet becomes your tank (it's a root skill) if not make it your main soul, for War so you have less down time, since healing is (practically) non existing for Wars. For Cle, run with 2 dps souls (vind/cabal or sham/drd for example) and 1 heal soul, you could get away with a 0 point healing soul (that gives a base heal at 0) usually for most content. You could also spec into Justi for the Cleric for self heals, though you'd have to put in a few (minimal) points for the full effect.

Good luck.

Peace

Rift Chaser

I don't really want to heal tho.

I healed in WOW and it was "ok". I created a rogue because I've never had a melee class and I wanted to sneak up and stab people in the back.

Can clerics do range AND melee?
    You don't have to heal if you don't want to, totally your choice (but be prepared to stick to your guns when some ******e decides he has some say over your play choices).

Clerics can do everything: tank, heal, melee dps, spell dps.

Clerics have less downtime than warriors if you take advantage of heals.

As to which is more fun? That totally depends on your preferences. Warriors have access to a flavor of fun clerics don't and vice versa.

Plane Touched

Having both characters the Cleric is by far better at soloing. I love playing the Warrior class and is certainly fun, however the Cleric has way more options than the Warrior class. With Cleric you can Melee Dps, Tank, Range Dps and heal. Warriors on the other hands are pretty much limited too Tanking and Melee Dps, many dungeons are not Melee Dps freindly and Tanking has no real place in Pvp.

General of Telara

well for questing only warrior are way superior, Do a champ/para and roflstomp the content so fast you dont even need to heal. My warrior is now 41 and it is sooo easy and i always do top dps in dungeon. Riftblade is really good too.

Cleric is good, takes a while to take off but when you get circle of oblivion and souldrain as an inqui you can do great. Or when you get high shaman or Justi you can do really well. But in my expert group i never invite a melee character usually, only if they have a ranged role, like an assassin that go marksman for the boss for exemple.

So if you want to dps and you wanna do expert, find something that can do range dps.

Quote Originally Posted by darkestalker View Post
    Both are fun, one generally kills faster (war) the other obviously has better survivability (cle) (unless you're running as a tank of course). Play based on whatever souls catch your fancy and don't worry 'bout the who's nerfed/OP atm.

Advice, for fast leveling, I would recommend the BM being one of your soul, enough points that your pet becomes your tank (it's a root skill) if not make it your main soul, for War so you have less down time, since healing is (practically) non existing for Wars. For Cle, run with 2 dps souls (vind/cabal or sham/drd for example) and 1 heal soul, you could get away with a 0 point healing soul (that gives a base heal at 0) usually for most content. You could also spec into Justi for the Cleric for self heals, though you'd have to put in a few (minimal) points for the full effect.

Good luck.

Peace
    Cleric leveling, 10 points in Justicar rest in Inq, 0 point purifier for Shield. Don't even have to heal from the vex/salvation healing. This is essentially just like the RB/Reaver build every one cried about until it got nerfed...but better. I have a 50 warrior and am leveling a cleric now. Warrior was fun but now that every thing that gives healing has been nerfed to the ground you have a lot of down time to drink and if you get more than a couple mobs you'll most likely die if your gear is not tip top for your level.

Don't even listen to the people suggesting BM for your pet to tank. It won't hold aggro after your first couple swings and the heal from Kinship is laughable...about 300 hp heal at 50 on a 10s cool down.

Whole thread on Cleric AoE leveling, http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-Step-by-Step you won't find one for warriors.
    Last edited by Tuln; 04-21-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    "Paper is fine, nerf rock" -Scissors
    Officer of <Ascending Darkness> - Galena

I tried playing a warrior, but I just didn't like the gameplay/synergy with the various soul combos I tried.

So, I rolled a cleric, since they have tanking souls.

Justicar keeps aggro like nobody's business, particularly once you get Mien of Leadership (I think it's called). It ups your armor and your threat generation. I'm a little bit more squishy than a plate tank. But, I have self heals. Reparation makes most damaging attacks heal you. At like 26, you get a massive emergency heal.

Justicar for tanking - keep the points in it maxed.
    Shaman for a little extra damage.
    0 point druid for the healy pet.

DPS is a little weak, especially against single mobs. But I tend to pull as many as I can handle and AeO the crap out of them. If you've got a decent healer (and aren't under leveled) you can tank instances with a cleric. I have.

Check the cleric forums for more advice. There's lots of talk in there about clerics tanking. If you want DPS...well, then, I'd go with something else. Probably.

"Fun" is really subjective. "Easier to solo", however, probably goes to the Cleric, simply because their self-healing makes a lot of content fairly trivial. 12 points in Justicar (tanking soul) gives you most of the tools you need for personal survivability, and from there you can customize for melee or ranged DPS as you like. You can also offheal, or tank as needed.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeDs View Post
    Having both characters the Cleric is by far better at soloing. I love playing the Warrior class and is certainly fun, however the Cleric has way more options than the Warrior class. With Cleric you can Melee Dps, Tank, Range Dps and heal. Warriors on the other hands are pretty much limited too Tanking and Melee Dps, many dungeons are not Melee Dps freindly and Tanking has no real place in Pvp.
    Which is more fun tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuln View Post
    Cleric leveling, 10 points in Justicar rest in Inq, 0 point purifier for Shield. Don't even have to heal from the vex/salvation healing. This is essentially just like the RB/Reaver build every one cried about until it got nerfed...but better. I have a 50 warrior and am leveling a cleric now. Warrior was fun but now that every thing that gives healing has been nerfed to the ground you have a lot of down time to drink and if you get more than a couple mobs you'll most likely die if your gear is not tip top for your level.
    There are still warrior builds that can AoE groups of mobs quite safely. For example, my pally/rift with healing essences can still do pretty well. But yes, it's a far cry from how easy it used to be prior to 1.1. I haven't played my warrior much since 1.1 because now I feel pigeonholed into a smaller number of builds. I'm quite unhappy about that.

Which is more fun tho?
    That's up to YOU! No one can tell you what you find more fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast