+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omg alpha changes /rage

Plane Walker

Default Omg alpha changes /rage

I'm just kidding they are clerly testing things out and still need to adjust before the end of the month release. I am overly thrilled that they finally made the MM a legit DPS soul now. Only thing I don't like is the 5th soul. Yeah its great because yadda yadda yadda, but it just trivializes the whole soul system. In the end its just one less choice you have to make and one step closer to ultra easy mode. I would rather see a template system that allows you to save builds for quick switch but still limit to only 4 you can hot swap.

Ascendant

"I would rather see a template system that allows you to save builds for quick switch but still limit to only 4 you can hot swap. "

uh?

Warriors
    Tank
    2ndary Tank
    Solo
    PvP
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS

Rogues
    Tank
    Solo
    PvP
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Support

Mages
    Solo
    PvP
    Single Target
    AoE
    Healer
    Support

Clerics
    Tank
    PvP
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS
    5man Healer
    Raid Healer

Hot switches are needed bro
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-21-2011 at 03:13 AM.
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Plane Walker

What i meant by template was you can save a build and have access to them at a trainer. But you can only equip 4 at a time.

Yes i understand many classes have many roles. Last time i checked you have more than one of each calling in a raid. I just think it wil water things down too much. Plus how often to you raid or PVP with out stopping somewhere with a trainer first. The template system would allow you to keep the builds with out the hassle of having to redo points and hot bars. At the same time the game is handed on a silver platter more than it is.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-21-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    What i meant by template was you can save a build and have access to them at a trainer. But you can only equip 4 at a time.

Yes i understand many classes have many roles. Last time i checked you have more than one of each calling in a raid. I just think it wil water things down too much.
    This would be quite nice. But guess 5th role is the easy way out.
    I am actually really glad they are adding 5th. Currently using : 5men heal spec, raid heal spec, pvp heal spec, 5 men dps. Wtb solo farming spec and maybe tanking spec

Rift Master

Playing with different souls is what makes it fun, having that extra slot just means you can mess around with one while keeping some other basic ones. To me there's no difference whether you'd be able to save a spec and only keep 4 at a time or just be able to carry around 5 at a time... just that the former costs money. In the end the result is the same except for one you have to go back to a trainer... and it means people have an easier time testing things while keeping their solid choices.

Rift Master

I really like 5th role. I will be able to finally have 2 tanking roles, ranged dps, melee dps and solo build.

But I agree that some kind of template system which would save your bars and everything would be nice too and even better in the long run.

Rift Disciple

my question is... how much will the 5th soul be? 100P :-p

Shadowlander

Guild wars have very working system for saving build templates, it would be imba.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Guild wars have very working system for saving build templates, it would be imba.
    Yes thats pretty much what I mean.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    I'm just kidding they are clerly testing things out and still need to adjust before the end of the month release. I am overly thrilled that they finally made the MM a legit DPS soul now. Only thing I don't like is the 5th soul. Yeah its great because yadda yadda yadda, but it just trivializes the whole soul system. In the end its just one less choice you have to make and one step closer to ultra easy mode. I would rather see a template system that allows you to save builds for quick switch but still limit to only 4 you can hot swap.
    Mmm 5th sould, buffs to MM; where did you see these items?

Plane Walker

It is being reported on many of the class threads. No official notes have been release as i assume these are just preliminary changes.

Champion

Fifth soul? Hell, yeah! It's about time.

Tank
    Solo
    PvP
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS

woot i can add bard to my list again... or another pvp spec
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

wow 5th role is 100 plat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! screw that lol. i refuse to buy the epic mount cause imo 20% speed is not worth 135plat (since i never run anywhere out of stealth).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast