+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Feel Heroic?

Rift Master

Default Do You Feel Heroic?

Lets face it, we all want to feel heroic when playing MMO's, isn't that part of why you play as it goes to immersion?

I currently play Mage, Cleric and Rogue but only one build has allowed me to feel that way while questing/grinding/farming on a PvP server, that being Cleric and specifically Justicar (tanking soul) matched with Shaman. My point being is every calling has a powerhouse PvE farm build. Every calling has solid PvP builds, but Cleric happens to have one that does them both, and arguably, really well!

I seem to feel heroic with Cleric, not so much with the other callings as I play on a PvP server. I felt heroic from my late teens, and continue to feel that way at 50!

Do you feel heroic?

Rift Disciple

I felt heroic as a 50 warrior at release ... now he feels like a pale empty shell. Which he is. I do like my necro warlock and my chloro, they feel heroic. The devs just dont understand that healing in pvp is lifeblood. Taking away healing from warriors was yet another nail in the coffin for the class. It also explains why there are plenty of new mages and clerics.

Shadowlander

Oh yes I do.
    Playing as Defiant. In completely lost Black Garden with 6 Defiant vs 9 Guardians, 0 heals on Defiant side and Defiant being spawn-camped I just love to Bullrush those guardians for once or twice. Sometimes I even manage to land a hit or five. Sometimes I get blown in mid-air.
    Ah, this sweet and pointless GLORIOUS MARTYRDOM. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Azarga View Post
    Oh yes I do.
    Playing as Defiant. In completely lost Black Garden with 6 Defiant vs 9 Guardians, 0 heals on Defiant side and Defiant being spawn-camped
    Happens on my server too, I jus kinda of stopped doing much warfronts
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-21-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

they absolutely gutted my warrior. I am all for balance, but imo they went way too far, changes were far too drastic, and nearly all wars expectations dashed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
    they absolutely gutted my warrior. I am all for balance, but imo they went way too far, changes were far too drastic, and nearly all wars expectations dashed.
    Agreed. The only class I feel "heroic" on in pvp are my necro/lock, necro/chloro, lock/chloro builds. I refuse to play Pyro because it so ridiculously OP, but those aren't much worse. As a cloth wearing, finger wiggling mage, I can pvp tank far better while doing waaaaay more damage than my warrior specs.

Makes me sad.

I also hate playing mages, but my class of choice has been bent over like a two dollar hooker.
    Last edited by Vember; 04-21-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Agreed. The only class I feel "heroic" on in pvp are my necro/lock, necro/chloro, lock/chloro builds. I refuse to play Pyro because it so ridiculously OP, but those aren't much worse. As a cloth wearing, finger wiggling mage, I can pvp tank far better while doing waaaaay more damage than my warrior specs.

Makes me sad.

I also hate playing mages, but my class of choice has been bent over like a two dollar hooker.
    This sums my thoughts and feelings as well.

Warriors without some decent self heals are teh suk.

Ascendant

This is why i think MMOs are going in the wrong direction..

If you are heroic & everybody else is heroic.. then noone is heroic in the end..

I personally enjoyed carving the name for myself and a harsh world like EQ where you weren't basically born with superpowers & had to fight an uphill battle (it had a more satisfying feel)..

In pnp dnd i found the more exciting campaigns were ones that i didn't have a huge edge on the enemies & didn't have the ability to slaughter an even level npc while barely losing 10% of my hp..

But to each their own
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    This is why i think MMOs are going in the wrong direction..
    Look at the major releases in the last couple of years and the biggest mmo out there - (dangerous basically equals OP)

Most dangerous class in WoW pvp? Frost mage
    Most dangerous class in Aion pvp? Sorc
    Most dangerous class in War pvp? Bright Wizard
    Most dangerous class in Rift pvp? Pyro

What's going on with the mage lovefest in mmos these days?

Sez

You forgot a lot of games, and you are very biased.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    You forgot a lot of games, and you are very biased.
    I did point out major releases in the last couple years. AoC has been a crazy rollercoaster ride for all the classes, so I didn't throw that in there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Lets face it, we all want to feel heroic when playing MMO's, isn't that part of why you play as it goes to immersion?

I currently play Mage, Cleric and Rogue but only one build has allowed me to feel that way while questing/grinding/farming on a PvP server, that being Cleric and specifically Justicar (tanking soul) matched with Shaman. My point being is every calling has a powerhouse PvE farm build. Every calling has solid PvP builds, but Cleric happens to have one that does them both, and arguably, really well!

I seem to feel heroic with Cleric, not so much with the other callings as I play on a PvP server. I felt heroic from my late teens, and continue to feel that way at 50!

Do you feel heroic?
    On my cleric I certainly do... granted hes only 19 atm. Full Warden spec'd I have yet to lose a Black Garden WF. 4-5 times I have gone in 1/2 way through the WF losing by 200 and we have come out victorious. Even in those WFs I have not finished less than #2 in heals and generally #1 for Defiant. It really opened my eyes to the impact a healer can have.

[BTW: It also made be begrudge the selffish melee clerics out there that boast about their top dmg/top heals and then talk trash in WF chat about how our side sucks. Perhaps if that jack*ss had been healing we WOULD have won.]

I also feel heroic on my NB at times when the stars all align and present me with 2-3 idiots dumb enough to stand in Living Flame and burn their cooldowns while I'm immune to Dmg. My lil NB feels kind of like Bruce Lee when he wins the rare 3v1 fights.

Look at the major releases in the last couple of years and the biggest mmo out there - (dangerous basically equals OP)

Most dangerous class in WoW pvp? Frost mage
    Most dangerous class in Aion pvp? Sorc
    Most dangerous class in War pvp? Bright Wizard
    Most dangerous class in Rift pvp? Pyro

Pyro just got nerfed on alpha so mute point.
    Some warriors still top dps in warfront when *GASP* they have healers behind them. They top dps in pve over every single class.
    Rogues just got some serious love on alpha.
    Clerics have always been strong and overall are more solid in all areas (other than flat out pve dps which they had better not ever beat pure mage dps) including pvp than mages.

The problem with generalizations is that it tricks people coming here for real knowledge and you'll fool yourself with your own lies.

Each patch actually brings each class (as a whole) slightly closer into balance. People just choose not to look at things in their totality and would rather whine over individual souls and often individual powers and call them class issues.

I did point out major releases in the last couple years. AoC has been a crazy rollercoaster ride for all the classes, so I didn't throw that in there.
    It's how MMOs started, too. I'd say from 1997-2000, (When Third Dawn eliminated Pre-Casting, and Publish 16 brought us Runic Melee Weaponry) Mages were running around Ultima Online 2-3-shotting anyone without GM Magic Resist, and still giving you a run for your money if you did. It wasn't until +Stat/Skill Scrolls came out that Dexers were on an even footing, and the Paladin and Necromancer classes of Age of Shadows to finally put them above Mages.
    Mateo of HC/TSG - Long Live The Syndicate!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
    Pyro just got nerfed on alpha so mute point.
    Some warriors still top dps in warfront when *GASP* they have healers behind them. They top dps in pve over every single class.
    Rogues just got some serious love on alpha.
    Clerics have always been strong and overall are more solid in all areas (other than flat out pve dps which they had better not ever beat pure mage dps) including pvp than mages.

The problem with generalizations is that it tricks people coming here for real knowledge and you'll fool yourself with your own lies.

Each patch actually brings each class (as a whole) slightly closer into balance. People just choose not to look at things in their totality and would rather whine over individual souls and often individual powers and call them class issues.
    Its a MOOT point, not mute.

As for the rest of your "points", I can top dps in warfronts healers or not on my mage specs. I can also pvp tank far better than any warrior while scoring kills, which no tank spec warrior can do. Warriors flat out suck in pvp right now, there's just no other way of putting it. Sure, a pure dps spec glass cannon warrior can be dangerous with a dedicated team of healers watching his ***, but I can do the same thing on my necro/lock all by myself, not to mention what a friggin Pyro or Stormcaller can do.

+ Reply to Thread