+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should healing debuffs stacks?

Default Should healing debuffs stacks?

Now I'm full aware that clerics can be quite deadly things to kill with rank 3+ warden etc. Some may need 2-3 people to take down, that is if people do not carry stuns or healing debuffs in their specs.

But then again, when you do get a few players that carry healing debuffs, slow casting debuffs etc. etc. it can shift the balance so incredibly that the healer is pretty much worthless.

So there are 50% healing debuffs out there, one of the most crude ones I've noticed is the rogue one that stacks up to 4 times, almost impossible to decurse effectively, but I've also noticed other people stacking other healing debuffs on me aswell as this 50% one.

So my healing invocation which heals for around 1800 normally is merely reduced to 500. Ok, well you know the drill, that's pretty much useless for a 3 second cast.

Now should these healing debuffs really stack? If people are going to start QQing saying, ye cleric are so OP we need 50% + healing reduction, well I do pity you people.. Yes our PvP tree probably needs some looking at, and the warden spec can seem rather crazy as people hardly need to cast with it, but if only people carried these healing debuffs round with them, they would notice a world of difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Now I'm full aware that clerics can be quite deadly things to kill with rank 3+ warden etc. Some may need 2-3 people to take down, that is if people do not carry stuns or healing debuffs in their specs.

But then again, when you do get a few players that carry healing debuffs, slow casting debuffs etc. etc. it can shift the balance so incredibly that the healer is pretty much worthless.

So there are 50% healing debuffs out there, one of the most crude ones I've noticed is the rogue one that stacks up to 4 times, almost impossible to decurse effectively, but I've also noticed other people stacking other healing debuffs on me aswell as this 50% one.

So my healing invocation which heals for around 1800 normally is merely reduced to 500. Ok, well you know the drill, that's pretty much useless for a 3 second cast.

Now should these healing debuffs really stack? If people are going to start QQing saying, ye cleric are so OP we need 50% + healing reduction, well I do pity you people.. Yes our PvP tree probably needs some looking at, and the warden spec can seem rather crazy as people hardly need to cast with it, but if only people carried these healing debuffs round with them, they would notice a world of difference...
    Do tell me what Rogue debuff you think we have that stacks up to 4 times.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Are you talking about Anathema? It doesn't work the way you think it does.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

I think it is good that they would stack, as it means the enemy can deal with your healers which is the first step in winning the battle. Also it means to that your team needs to protect it's healers if they don't want to lose them.

All in all, i like the hard counters.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nethershadow View Post
    I think it is good that they would stack, as it means the enemy can deal with your healers which is the first step in winning the battle. Also it means to that your team needs to protect it's healers if they don't want to lose them.

All in all, i like the hard counters.
    why deal with the healer if the guy getting focused is only getting healed for 10?

yeah im pretty sure heal debuffs arent stacking for a reason.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    why deal with the healer if the guy getting focused is only getting healed for 10?

yeah im pretty sure heal debuffs arent stacking for a reason.
    err, ya good point. In revision of that thought, it can be pretty difficult to kill healers and this would allow for you to break thru thier line to get access to the healers. But if this stacked it might make it to easy to just take out the front line and ignore healers.

I do wish this game didn't allow you to pass thru the enemy or vice versa, gives more meaning to your battle lines and protecting your flanks.

Sword of Telara

they should not stack.
    and im a rogue saying this.

They should not and damage reduction shouldn't either.

Incoming healing debuffs should not stack with each other, and neither should outgoing healing debuffs. However, an outgoing healing debuff on the healer should stack with an incoming healing debuff on the target for 75% reduction (halved output from healer, which is then halved again on the target).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

If snares can't stack, healing debuffs shouldn't either along with other type of debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    They should not and damage reduction shouldn't either.
    Thanks for the replies guys. So to respond to some of your posts, firstly the one above, yes some dmg reduction moves do stack.

Well the one I have does anyway: detaunt + healer's convenant. But detaunt is only on one person, both are 10 secs and 2 mins cd. Don't know if you can compare that to possible healing debuff's up constantly. But I know where you're coming from.

Secondly I do believe it was anathema, that is a rogue skill is it not? Maybe in tanking tree, I do not know. I have no complaints about anathema, as it only stacks up to 50%, which is acceptable from a low damage tree. It's just that anathema I'm sure stacked with another healing reduction skill.

I checked my log, 3 second healing invocation healed for 500, when it should normally heal for 1800, this is not a 50% reduction.. and my other heals were healing for nothing too. Can anyone else explain a reasoning for this?

There are a good number of large healing debuffs flying around out there. Combine that with another caster stifle (silence, cast speed increase, etc) can quickly lead to healed focus target crumpling like a paper cup. If your team plans accordingly, stacking heal debuffs isn't necessary.

edit: Are you sure that Healing Invocation would normally for 1800? Not thinking a crit? A non crit halved sounds about right there. I honestly don't remember how much my HI hits for but that sounds high.
    Last edited by exLupo; 04-20-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Are you talking about Anathema? It doesn't work the way you think it does.
    I haven't stated how I think it works :P

Quote Originally Posted by StChoch View Post
    If snares can't stack, healing debuffs shouldn't either along with other type of debuffs.
    some snares do stack too lol, you'll find our inquisitor drain slow stack with our no cd, no gcd 30% slow

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Incoming healing debuffs should not stack with each other, and neither should outgoing healing debuffs. However, an outgoing healing debuff on the healer should stack with an incoming healing debuff on the target for 75% reduction (halved output from healer, which is then halved again on the target).
    I'm a little confused what you mean by this? Could you elaborate? or give examples? I was healing myself at the time, not anyone else. So your saying I had a curse that reduced my outgoing healing, and another debuff that reduced the healing I recieved? Might make sense, the maths of 500 healing to 1800 is around 75%.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-20-2011 at 02:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast