+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How the hell are mages OP? Rogues are saying this!!!???

Soulwalker

Default How the hell are mages OP? Rogues are saying this!!!???

Mage comes up to rogue
    Mage gets GoS up first
    rogue runs behind a tree and pops out to fire arrows (instant casts)
    mage attempts to root rogue(rogue casts break free)
    mage attempts to stun the rogue (lasts for 3 seconds, enough to get 1 fireball off)
    mage is stuck either waiting in GoS or following the rogue behind the tree (oh but wait, mages need to stand still to cast, and rogues can move while dpsing)
    So in this scenario (instant win for a rogue)

Now lets move on to a stealthy rogue encounter
    mage gets GoS down first
    rogue goes invisible
    rogue rushes to mage jumping in all directions dpsing
    mage casts root to make him stand still
    rogue casts break free
    mage hits heatwave
    mage casts burn (disarms rogue for 8 sec)
    mage can only put out half of their dps because of LoS (the rogue jumping in all directions)
    rogue casts the spell that makes them immune to dmg for 4 sec
    Rogue = win

I don't see how you think rogues need a dps boost, they can run while attacking, they don't have any cast times, MAGES HAVE TO STAND STILL, MAGES HAVE CAST TIMES, MAGES GET THEIR DPS CUT IN HALF BY LOS PEOPLE JUMPING IN ALL DIRECTIONS

do rogues just need to l2p?

Mage casts transmogrify.
    Mage casts fireball.
    Rogue dies.

Telaran

maybe you do..... Rogues are meant to be the anti-mage but still i have good success against rogues on my mage

General of Telara

Weird, i have lots of instant casts and different ways to lock a rogue down with my mage /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

What is this I don't even

Rift Chaser

Mage has an "I Win!" button.

Rogues have a "Mages Win!" button.

/thread

Telaran

mage learns how to actually play his class.

Rogue dies.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy71 View Post
    maybe you do..... Rogues are meant to be the anti-mage but still i have good success against rogues on my mage
    Wait where does it say this?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Weird, i have lots of instant casts and different ways to lock a rogue down with my mage /shrug
    As a pyro? Just comparing pyro's to rogues (because everyone is complaining about pyros and that they are so OP)

pyros have burn, root, and a 3 sec stun, and gos (which the stun is useless now because of diminishing returns)

OP, only one real solution for you...quit Rift.

seriously, if when playing a mage you have problems with someone...and specially if that someone is a rogue...well, it simply cannot get any easier than that. you are absolutly beyond help, so please reroll game, you are wasting your time here.

I can suggest you games more akin to your mental skills...tic tac toe maybe?
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-20-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Bunny View Post
    Wait where does it say this?
    The skillset says that. Mages are squishy with low hp and have to remain still. Rogues are stun types, burst damage and mobile.

Hence Rogue = anti-Mage.
    Last edited by fenway; 04-20-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by IWantServerTransfer View Post
    As a pyro? Just comparing pyro's to rogues (because everyone is complaining about pyros and that they are so OP)

pyros have burn, root, and a 3 sec stun, and gos (which the stun is useless now because of diminishing returns)
    That stun stuns the Pyro for 2sec of the 3 sec though..

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by IWantServerTransfer View Post

Oh, you meant we can only discuss that flavor of the month build, my bad. If I know I'm going to pvp you can bet I'm going to switch builds to something that i can lock that damn rogue down and kill him dead. Because like any MMO there are always a ton of rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Ascendant

The instant arrows you mentioned from the rogue does very little damage. All the instant ones do very little. The ones that do a lot more dmg require you to stand still also.

I play both a mage and a rogue. There are some things that could be tweaked on rogues to make them better. But I do agree that it is still possible to beat a mage if you use all the skills available to you.

The only reason people are seeing an overwelming balance issue is that mages get healed by the healers, rogues do not. They get ignored by the healers all the time.

1v1 as a assassin rogue i have a 50/50 chance on winning ONLY because of my PVP soul tallent "Cleanse Soul", if it wasnt for that tallent i have ZERO chance of beating a Pyro mage right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast