+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth - is it working as intended?

Telaran

Default Stealth - is it working as intended?

Just a moment ago I was in the Codex warfront and this is what happened:

I was in stealth, circling around the enemy flag when suddenly an enemy rogue used an opener on me (i believe it was Assassinate as I lost a lot of health and was neither stunned nor had a dot on myself)

The first weird thing was that I remained stealthed. Which is bollocks as any damage should break the stealth.
    (the fact that he was able to attack me is ok - you can sometimes see the outline of a stealthed char if you are very close and you can target it, I have no beef with that)

I did not have immunity at that time and there was no hidden veil as well.

Second weird thing that happened is I suddenly lost my stealth like 8-10 seconds later but I've received no damage. Just plain stealth drop (this happens sometimes in open world too)

Was this just a lag (on server side or maybe on my enemy's side?) or what?

A couple of moments later (still in the same warfront) I'm in stealth mode, I use an opener on someone so I'm breaking my stealth; we fight, someone approaches, uses a ranged skill. I immediatelly use Slip Away and as I disappear I'm being hit with that ranged projecticle. I doubt a second has passed since I used Slip Away yet I immediately break stealth. What gives? I should have 3 seconds of immunity.

Did something change in today's patch or what?
    Last edited by Somebody Else; 04-19-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Sez

Cool story, tl:dr

There have been fixes, there will be more fixes, you can find them in the Dev tracker.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

thank you for the pointless reply.

there is nothing new in dev tracker about the stealth.

i was merely asking if what is happening is working as intended (added some randomness to the skill) or it's just a bug... and if anyone else happens to have the same experience.

and if that was too long to read for you then stay away from the books or you will be for a hell of a surprise :-)
    Last edited by Somebody Else; 04-19-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Telaran

Second weird thing that happened is I suddenly lost my stealth like 8-10 seconds later but I've received no damage. Just plain stealth drop (this happens sometimes in open world too)
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but Stealth only lasts for 30 seconds. You can see the countdown in a little icon to the left of your stealth action bar. It's not like WoW where it stays up forever until you break it.

Telaran

i do have the improved stealth talent (assassin) so it lasts till it's cancelled

Cant nightblades gain permanet stealth in thier talent tree?

Rift Disciple

not working as intended, the damage and not breaking your stealth seems like a bug, heard about it never experienced it, there still are bugs when debuffs time out off of enemys, or enemy debuffs get dispelled from you (i still get unstealthed as sab/sin when charges wear off, RARLY get destealthed when some of my sin bleeds tick off enemys). the Slip Away not stealth is really annoying, happens when a projectile is in air and you hit slip away, you get the 3 seconds of immunity but it breaks stealth though immunity right away... so i say all 3 are bugs that need to be fixed still.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Septin View Post
    Cant nightblades gain permanet stealth in thier talent tree?
    no, NB tree cannot get perm stealth, only Sin (21 points min) , and PVP (20 root) tree can get perm stealth.

+ Reply to Thread