+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Straight dps WIZARD??

Default Straight dps WIZARD??

Cmon Trion help me out on this one. I am hoping there is straight caster burst dps class at launch. I remember beta testing for Vanguard as a Sorcerer class lead and working with editing spells.

All in due time, Yila! I would be highly surprised not to see a class such as this.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Yila View Post
    Cmon Trion help me out on this one. I am hoping there is straight caster burst dps class at launch. I remember beta testing for Vanguard as a Sorcerer class lead and working with editing spells.
    I think the pyromancer would be considered a straight caster burst dps soul..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydarr View Post
    I think the pyromancer would be considered a straight caster burst dps soul..
    It hasn't been officially announced yet (or seen in in-game footage at E3), just hinted at.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

With insane number of 32 classes I will not be surprised if we receive some sort of a fast-burst-dps caster bloke, who burns through entire mana in a matter of seconds while providing insane dps.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I see some classes I am looking into like the Warlock but If anyone knows me from Eq1,Vanguard I am a Dps fanatic and hoping we get a wizard type class and I will be in all my glory and get invlolved in putting some ideas out for the class. I will shave my head for this

I see some classes I am looking into like the Warlock but If anyone knows me from Eq1,Vanguard I am a Dps fanatic and hoping we get a wizard type class and I will be in all my glory and get invlolved in putting some ideas out for the class. I will shave my head for this

Looks like I'm late to the party on this one...

I think you should still shave your head, it will look better than that Mr. T Mohawk thing you have going on. (Disclaimer: This is for comedic purposes only)

Anyway, Yeah all of these games usually have caster classes, or "Glass-Cannons" so to speak. Most of which usually get nerfed pretty good. No one like to be insta-gibbed, so they usually complain about it a lot.

I like the caster classes that have lots of built in mechanics. Like the Warlock in WoW, the Illusionist in EQ 2, the Venomancer in Perfect World, type stuff. Pet class if you will...

That is the type I have found that I enjoy the most. I first tried it in WoW, and liked the Warlock there very much. I also Played a Wizard in EQ, EQ2, but did not like it quite as much. I enjoyed the Ranger in Everquest more. And the Guards in EQ were pretty fun too.

So, I guess what I'm saying is as far as casters go, I like the more durable damage over time type Caster...With some burst dps on a cooldown or something.

I like having defense options, rather than just being one shot by a single melee whack! I was totally not satisfied with the Blight Wizard in Warhammer.

Okay, so yeah maybe I play too many MMORPG's, but...lol I know what I like!

Those "Nuke" casters is really not my playstyle. Although I do like casters, just not that type of one.

I guess the keyword I'm looking for is "Hybrid".
    Last edited by Sethalus; 07-31-2010 at 09:37 AM.

But your missing the thing about a wizard. We bring the best dps to the table or should, but we die in 1 shot making the playing grounds even.

Wizards! Fastest to kill/fastest to be killed

Yes, yes I completely understand.

I wound up playing a blight wizard in WAR, they could drop some serious nukes at release.

I assume that's what a pyromancer is.

99% we will have pyromancer soul for this
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?852-Wizard

If you take a look at this thread, you will see that many of us (including myself) are hpoing for a wizard/mage - like class. Still, the likelihood to see one is considered very high among us forumers here.
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

I don't think they design classes like that. They don't say "okay guys, we want this one to be THE ALPHA DPSER!" and then design the mechanics around that. Classes seem to be designed on a theme, and then all of the actual numerical balancing will be done later. So you have warlock, which is a dot-based death mage, and then elementalist as well with the pets and so on. I think they're more interested in making you choose a class based on what really makes you geek out than which one will get you a raid spot.

/heavy assumption
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I think they're more interested in making you choose a class based on what really makes you geek out than which one will get you a raid spot.
    Usually the all out DPS raidspots are the most difficult ones to get. If anyone wants to be on the safe side for raiding, healing or support is the way to go....
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Interesting theory Europe now join us in rift with the pain crew.

+ Reply to Thread