+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Melee DPS Class/Spec

Soulwalker

Default Best Melee DPS Class/Spec

Hi I am new to Rift. I just got the game yesterday and my personal style of play is melee heavy. I don't like range dps type of play. I decided to choose a rogue because my understanding of it is that it is a melee class. But after reading more, I realised that the best dps spec for a rogue consists of a range type of spec as well. I didn't find this appealing to my type or play.

So I just need advice on what type of which class is a melee heavy type of dps class.

Thanks

You can also do damage as melee rogue, but the bossfights are often melee unfriendly so you have to switch and evade AOE sometimes, there the Range DPS shines cause they are not in range of the AOE. But i can say melee rogue is also a good and funny class and they get buffed a little in the next update.

Other option is do pick a Warrior.
    Last edited by Haralin; 04-19-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Prophet of Telara

despite the bug fixes that caused warrior dps to be over the top, they still are the best mdps available. With 1.2buffing up assasins i dont know if they will continue to be the best ones, but at the least they would be on par imo.
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-19-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Default -.-

Its your best opinion.

+ Reply to Thread