+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rift Prison and you, making a Pyro's day just that little bit worse!

Rift Master

Default Rift Prison and you, making a Pyro's day just that little bit worse!

*TV/Radio Crackle*

So Mister Rogue, bad day at the office?
    Pyro's standing on Ground of Strength getting you down?

TRY Rift Prison! From Riftstalker industries!

This glowy ball of purple is great for locking in those Pyro tears with its new and improved Lock' in' and immune system!

It tackles tough stains such as Fireball, Red Wings and even Fulminate! And it even works on Pyros that got the Ground of Strength from Bright Wizard monthly!

All yours for only 26 Riftstalker points!

Rift Prison!! The glowy cage, of immune fun!

*jingle* Rift Pri-son....the anti---pyro solu-tion!

*TV/Radio Crackle*

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Plane Walker

last time i checked pyro's are still immune to cc. rift prison counts as cc.

second i don't think you can cast it onto yoursef pretty sure it says that it has to be on an enemy. (havn't really tried it tough)
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    last time i checked pyro's are still immune to cc. rift prison counts as cc.

second i don't think you can cast it onto yoursef pretty sure it says that it has to be on an enemy. (havn't really tried it tough)
    It actually does work against Pyro's, tested it myself several times hense the thread xD

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    It actually does work against Pyro's, tested it myself several times hense the thread xD
    As a Cleric, I can tell you...I *hate* rift prison. "Uh oh...that guy is getting low...let me wind up 2 big heals..." *immune*..*immune*. "Damn, I blew my 45 second cooldown on that heal...."

26 points are a tons of points you know?

Rift Prison CD 20 sec. Duration 6 secs. Then what?
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Ascendant

*TV/Radio Crackle*

So Mister Rogue, bad day at the office?
    Pyro's standing on Ground of Strength getting you down?

TRY Rift Prison! From Riftstalker industries!

This glowy ball of purple is great for locking in those Pyro tears with its new and improved Lock' in' and immune system!

It tackles tough stains such as Fireball, Red Wings and even Fulminate! And it even works on Pyros that got the Ground of Strength from Bright Wizard monthly!

Rift Prison!! The glowy cage, of immune fun!

*jingle* Rift Pri-son....the anti---pyro solu-tion!

*TV/Radio Crackle*
    Lol I have to admit this was a very stylish post;) +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Pyro's killing people like a mof'ing Terminator, he gets CC'd for 6 seconds sees who did it murders you in 1 GCD for pissing him off.

Yea smart move.

General of Telara

haha love the post +1

good to know that it is working! ill take a whirl on my nb/rs spec in pvp to see it

Telaran

i really hate when people on our team rift prisons the person with the fang...think about it and you will see how idiotic it is.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by InitialRIFT View Post
    Pyro's killing people like a mof'ing Terminator, he gets CC'd for 6 seconds sees who did it murders you in 1 GCD for pissing him off.

Yea smart move.
    You do know you could easily re-stealth before Rift Prison wears off, and the idea behind using Rift Prison is from.....oh my gosh! A team play aspect.

If the pyro is trapped in a ball of purple, they cant do anything for 6 seconds...just sitting, watching and grimacing as they notice a horde of red names gathering around them, waiting for it to break.

If anything Rift Prison is a great target painting beacon, its like "Hey look its a pyro kill him before they can do anything"

It's also a great way to blow any CD they may have popped since only a few anti CC such as breakfree can actually shut off rift prison.

The Idea is to shut them down long enough for your team to close in for the kill, an assist trained pyro = dead pyro no matter which way it is looked at.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Holesale View Post
    i really hate when people on our team rift prisons the person with the fang...think about it and you will see how idiotic it is.
    Rift Prisoning someone with the fang when they are at low hp is actually viable because they still take fang damage, Rift Prison does not make them immune to fang lashback, it just stops them getting healed or dpsed in any other way, which in some cases is more useful than trying to dps them.

You do know you could easily re-stealth before Rift Prison wears off, and the idea behind using Rift Prison is from.....oh my gosh! A team play aspect.

If the pyro is trapped in a ball of purple, they cant do anything for 6 seconds...just sitting, watching and grimacing as they notice a horde of red names gathering around them, waiting for it to break.

If anything Rift Prison is a great target painting beacon, its like "Hey look its a pyro kill him before they can do anything"

It's also a great way to blow any CD they may have popped since only a few anti CC such as breakfree can actually shut off rift prison.

The Idea is to shut them down long enough for your team to close in for the kill, an assist trained pyro = dead pyro no matter which way it is looked at.
    I don't think I was being serious when I said that...

Plane Touched

Sad that people have to spec a certain way just to fight off one class?

Does this seem balancing to you?

Rift Disciple

Default In a word...

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Sad that people have to spec a certain way just to fight off one class?

Does this seem balancing to you?
    YES!

- OK, a couple more words. If you have varied roles for just such a situation as would dictate the need to use the tool - YES!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Holesale View Post
    Eccept that the FC takes the Fang damage while in rift prison, but doesn't get healed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast