+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: would anyone be opposed to two more soul slots?

Default would anyone be opposed to two more soul slots?

i'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. for dungeon runs i'm stuck as a tank because we do not have enough geared people in the guild to tank, and for raids i am one of our DPS warriors. i love the fact that we have four souls, but honestly, it is not enough for people who really have to multi-role within the guild.

perhaps we could add some type of fun quest line (similar to the necrotic essence quest line) where the award would be a new soul slot / role.. it could be written into the lore fairly easily and it would award people who are dedicated enough to go out and grab it. if you didn't do the quest line, you obviously would not receive it but you wouldn't be missing much except for an extra soul slot or two.

anyway, opinions on this please?
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

4 is nice. It's not so many souls that people NEVER respec, but it's enough to get a setup that will work for most things you would want to do.

It wasn't that long ago in MMO's where you got 1 spec period. I think we have it pretty good these days.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    i'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. for dungeon runs i'm stuck as a tank because we do not have enough geared people in the guild to tank, and for raids i am one of our DPS warriors. i love the fact that we have four souls, but honestly, it is not enough for people who really have to multi-role within the guild.

perhaps we could add some type of fun quest line (similar to the necrotic essence quest line) where the award would be a new soul slot / role.. it could be written into the lore fairly easily and it would award people who are dedicated enough to go out and grab it. if you didn't do the quest line, you obviously would not receive it but you wouldn't be missing much except for an extra soul slot or two.

Heck I could probably find uses for having 10 role slots.

I thought based on a previous post - one thing that could be done is add extra roles purchasable with planarite. Have the first one being 15k, next 30k - then blue + 15k, blue + 30k.

But yeah, since generally any warrior that wants to tank tends to need at least two different tank roles (physical and non-physical builds), plus a solo build, plus a pvp build or two, and then of course there's your dps builds for when you want to have an easy run through a dungeon (one ranged friendly, one ST, one AE)... could easily end up wanting more even with 10 roles!
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

haha, i hear that, cae!
    currently i have two different raid DPS builds, my pvp build, and only one of my usual 3 tank builds. neeeeed more room :P but i could just be acting a bit spoiled.
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

I'd support this and also allowing people to use their PvP soul in conjunction with their PvE souls for a 3 + 1 but still limited to 66 total talent points.

The flexibility of this game is its strongest feature - let it shine.

Plane Walker

I wish you could template specs at the very least. That way if at worst i just respec and auto load my role instead of having to move everything around and yada yada yada.

aux

To answer your question, yes, many people will be opposed.

Why? Because it puts the limit further outside their reach, and when they can't have something, they don't want others to have it either.

They're happy inside their own little self-built prison.

I need the role so bad, i would gladly pay whatever the scaling cost for them is.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post

How in the world do you need more than 4 roles?

1.) PvP Solo Role
    2.) PvE Solo Role
    3.) PvE Group Role
    4.) PvP Group Role

How many more do you possibly need?

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post

1.) PvP Solo Role
    2.) PvE Solo Role
    3.) PvE Group Role
    4.) PvP Group Role

I could easily make 2 or 3 completely different roles for each of those.

The problem is when you go to explore new roles, new things, you have to totally wreck your current setup. I could deal with a "test role" that only works on dummys.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

Ascendant

Would love to have more slots. I love experimenting with different combinations. This is one thing I love about Rift's character system.

Right now I have a:

Raid DPS Role
    Healing Role
    Support Role
    Dungeon AOE Role

Could use a couple more for PVP and a purging role.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I could easily make 2 or 3 completely different roles for each of those.
    There's this little concept called decisions and their consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post

1.) PvP Solo Role
    2.) PvE Solo Role
    3.) PvE Group Role
    4.) PvP Group Role

I play a warrior tank. That right there limits me to only 2 archtypes, so you'd think I would need less slots. I currently have...

AOE trash tank spec.
    single target physical spec
    single target magic spec
    that makes me have to use my last slot as a mix between ranged and aoe dps.

would be nice to not have to spend 50 gold to have a PvP spec and 50 gold to switch back every time I wanted to hit a warfront.

My cleric is fine with 4 slots. I have...

melee/soloing
    rangicar for pvp and that one time I ever got to dps an instance...
    sent/puri for healing
    justicar for tanking

I'm quite happy with 4 slots on my mage also.
    Rogue is another story. I have bard, RS-tank, soloing(ranger), group range dps. I'd love to have a NB/sin spec and maybe some sabo goodness. Just don't have the room.

As the above poster said though, it's wonderful that you aren't locked into spec choices for the life of the game like you were in older ones. My hero from DAoC springs to mind.

I would kill for at least one more slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast