Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages, Warriors, and Clerics on PvP servers: Time to REROLL

Rift Disciple

Default Mages, Warriors, and Clerics on PvP servers: Time to REROLL

Why? Take a look at the diary of a rogue below:

A truely beautiful, glorious patch! My burst damage and DPS has been increased you say? Oh how convenient! I am now a pyro or champion with stealth. I can now pop out of stealth, burst down a target who is checking his bags or engaging a group of mobs, and take him down before he can even react!

I do not even need to think of how to strategically approach my target because they won't see me until they have already lost 4k HP. I don't need to learn how to react with the appropriate skills in case something goes wrong...I have an invincibility button, slip away, that ensures my survival in case the good old completely skill-less 1-2-3-4-5-6 combo from stealth fails. I will then restealth, wait for him to re-engage mobs, and strike again!

I am invincible so long as I am in stealth. There is absolutely nothing other classes could do to hunt me down as they cannot see me. I am essentially removed from the game until I wish to reappear, and when I do, it will be at a most unfortunate time for my victim! I only fight when I wish to fight, and I am guaranteed the element of surprise, which is half of PvP after all.

In any game with teh mechanic of stealth, the PvP world is divided into people with stealth, and people without stealth. Those with stealth are the hunter, and those without are the prey. Stealth is not just an element of game balance like armour, HP, or DPS. It is a breaker of the game's balance. Offensively, it guarantees that your opponent is either stunned, or missing half of his HP before he could react. Defensively, it makes an assassin impossible to hunt down. Ranged classes are supposed to be able to strike first because they can reach out further. Rogues, however, have in effect infinate range. They ALWAYS strike first.

Now, the rogue has DPS on par with warriors and mages in addition to the absurdly powerful and game-breaking advantage of stealth. The question at this point is do you want to get the jump on someone else while they are not ready for you, or do you want to get jumped by someone else whom you cannot see and cannot kill, but who has the same DPS as you?

Is there any reason to play any other class than a rogue on a PvP server?

Before, mages had superior burst damage and warriors had superior DPS. Those were sufficient reasons to not play a rogue...and yet STILL rogue is the most popular class. Now, the rogue has these things too. What makes a warrior or mage any better than a rogue? Very little. If you are a mage or warrior, then you are essentially a rogue without stealth. In a PvP server (one that only differs from a PvE server in a player's ability to gank another player without his consent, and where ganking or jumping on players while they are fighting mobs is the whole point) , you are essentially prey.

The rogue class was fine. If it was "too weak" then it would not have been the most popular class. Now that the only viable choice for playing in a PvP server is the rogue, there will be an even more severe imbalance in class population distribution as all the FotM players hop on the imba train.

I look forward to the day when the rogue class discussion has 20k posts and the other classes' sections have only 8k posts. When half of all the players running around are rogues. When the PvP servers are divided between winners (rogues) and losers (not rogues). Only then will the developers realize their tragic mistake in buffing one class, and forcing players of the other three classes to etiher reroll or leave the game.

Champion

90% of your threads are illiterate cry-fests about how Rogues should be kept where they are, i.e. a free kill for any player.

Stop posting.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Rift Disciple

How surprising that you are the first to respond to this thread...your biased opinion counts for little.

When half the population is composed of rogues, and you are just one of many clones of the same and only viable PvP class, perhapse you will change your mind.

Rift Disciple

Look at Ampere's signature. Need I say anything more?

Telaran

I got through half the OP, started to consider a reasonable way to respond - again - then saw who wrote it.

aux

I'm not too worried. The Rogue isn't a 2-button faceroll class like the Pyro is and requires some skill to play, so 90%+ of the rogues will still suck.
    So the good ones will kill me in 4.5 sec instead of 5. Meh.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by archanouss View Post
    How surprising that you are the first to respond to this thread...your biased opinion counts for little.
    You're a Mage, and a bad one. Stop crying.

pro

i completely agree you cant have stealth and better dps and burst you must pick one because any rogue that is a free kill deserved to die because they have soo many oh sh*t buttons its crazy on top of on the move dps

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    i completely agree you cant have stealth and better dps and burst you must pick one because any rogue that is a free kill deserved to die because they have soo many oh sh*t buttons its crazy on top of on the move dps
    Someone needs to get to 50.

Rift Disciple

Ampere you are not even responding with any logical arguements revelant to the topic. You are just attacking other people.

Are you going to argue ideas, or just flame people?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by archanouss View Post
    Ampere you are not even responding with any logical arguements revelant to the topic. You are just attacking other people.

Are you going to argue ideas, or just flame people?
    Flame people. There's no "discussing" something with a guy who makes 4 screen screeds.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 04-18-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Rude Comments

Telaran

Could someone explain how being able to stealth will secure a raid spot for a rogue?

Rogues dont bother me and I pvp alot on my cleric at lvl 46 right now.. I get attacked often by the stealth rogue as im in the back trying to heal.. let them attack.. Most I can heal through and still keep my party alive.. they are like sissy lala misquitos... every now and again a decent rogue will make me fight back...

Quit crying and learn to play your class already..

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aeglis View Post
    Rogues dont bother me and I pvp alot on my cleric at lvl 46 right now.. I get attacked often by the stealth rogue as im in the back trying to heal.. let them attack.. Most I can heal through and still keep my party alive.. they are like sissy lala misquitos... every now and again a decent rogue will make me fight back...

Quit crying and learn to play your class already..
    This. ^^^^^

I leveled one of my clerics on a PvP server. 95% of the PvP I encountered while leveling up was from rogues jumping me out of stealth. I think I lost one fight...the first one.

OP, can you whine a little more?

Rift Disciple

Rogues are fine, no need for buffs, one of the best if not the best 1v1 souls, awsome dps, awsome burst, insanely good survability cooldowns, perma slow, great CC.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast