+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which class is the overall best damage dealer right now.

Soulwalker

Default Which class is the overall best damage dealer right now.

Yes, I'm new to the game. Yes, it's a pretty broad question. I've played around with 5 different class combinations and i just can't decide on which i want to play. So i figured i'd hit the forums, even though there seems to be alot of flaming and trolling going on with no monitoring. In any case, i'd appreciate some input. I am a former WoW player, like most of us are so i've been through the ups and downs of creating many classes.

if you like melee and the classic wow warrior- then champ/para/bm. distance closers and stuns and bursts. alot like arms warrior in cata.

if you like ranged dps, then probably either pyro(tanky, highest burst on crits, immunity to cc at a loss to mobility) or even chloro(high hp, kinda tanky, we put heals in your dps so you can heal while you dps, very mobile) or if you like classic wow warlock then necro/lock(is also the best leveling spec for mages)

if wow rogue and rangers are more your style, then you will love trion's treatment of them. aside from having deadzones on mm/ranger, you'll find rogues of all kinds are a cakewalk in versatility and utility compared to the wow equivilants. and the unqique soul called sb although recently nerfed is quite interesting. as well rogues will eb getting buffed in the next patch or so.
    enyo - defiant warrior seastone.
    gundam - defiant rogue seastone.

Soulwalker

Thanks man, that should be good enough for me.

Soulwalker

I think rather than looking for the "overall best damage dealer", you choose a play style YOU enjoy, then find the souls that will give you the best damage for what you are.

If you like range, magic, glass cannon sort of gameplay, Go mage.
    Lots of armor and suvivability, melee? Go warrior.
    The ability to keep your opponents on lockdown? Go Rogue.
    Healing? The choice is obvious.

Pick what you like to play and stick with it. This game is brand new, and they will be balancing classes for years to come. Right now everyone hates mages because they're SOOO OP. The nerfbat in inc, and then it'll be someone else.

You're a wow player. You've seen locks go from /faceroll to half a shadow priest. Rogues go from tippy top to being pwnt by warriors. Mage top DPS tree has gone from Fire to Arcane to Fire to Arcane more times than I can count.

Everything changes. Pick what YOU like to play, and deal with the changes as they come.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mortive View Post
    Yes, I'm new to the game. Yes, it's a pretty broad question. I've played around with 5 different class combinations and i just can't decide on which i want to play. So i figured i'd hit the forums, even though there seems to be alot of flaming and trolling going on with no monitoring. In any case, i'd appreciate some input. I am a former WoW player, like most of us are so i've been through the ups and downs of creating many classes.
    If you just want high damage? Mage.

If you want high melee damage? Cleric.

Really.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    If you want high melee damage? Cleric.

Really.
    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

is there a point to playing the highest damaing class? you'll just be another no talent scrub that plays the flavor of the month instead of a class that suites wht ever your playstyle is.
    Freeholme
    Nally: 34champ/26beastmaster/6 riftblade 29riftblade/24 champion/ 13paragon
    51 riftblade/15 para/ 0 vindicator
    Gsb 5/5 Ros 5/5 GP 3/4 DH 3/4 HK 1/11
    Click here for troll therapy

Rift Master

I agree with clerics being best melee dps right now. It is great when you scale with gear unlike warriors. Also having double Attack power on cleric compared to warrior is blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    I agree with clerics being best melee dps right now. It is great when you scale with gear unlike warriors. Also having double Attack power on cleric compared to warrior is blast.
    this, cleric scale so much better at 50 than warriors, and they do tremendous dps in melee!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    this, cleric scale so much better at 50 than warriors, and they do tremendous dps in melee!
    still less than champ/para though with equal gear. Also they miss their stuns/gapcloser/antiCC/CC that warriors enjoy in their best pve dps spec.

they DO scale pretty nice, that is why prior to lvl ~45their damage SUCKS and at lvl 50 with t2 their damage is almost equal.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    still less than champ/para though with equal gear. Also they miss their stuns/gapcloser/antiCC/CC that warriors enjoy in their best pve dps spec.

they DO scale pretty nice, that is why prior to lvl ~45their damage SUCKS and at lvl 50 with t2 their damage is almost equal.
    they can heal!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    they can heal!
    not in their top dps pve spec they cant (the only one available where everyone is whinning that it is doing nearly as much dps as warriors)

in fact they have 0 healing spells in that.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    not in their top dps pve spec they cant (the only one available where everyone is whinning that it is doing nearly as much dps as warriors)

in fact they have 0 healing spells in that.
    survivability > DPS
    in pvp

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    survivability > DPS
    in pvp
    i assumed with a title as "which class is the best overall damage dealer" it meant pve. and i said pve in all of my replies.

ofc you wont run with a dps cleric spec in pvp, it got 0 survivability, 0 cc, 0 cc breaks, 0 gapclosers and only damage... it IS the only way atm for cleric in raids to reach just a tad less than warriors dps.

for pvp you run with just/inq/healsoul for good dps, mediocre healing and almost no burst but some nice debuffs and stuff imo.

+ Reply to Thread