+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rdps tanky warrior(pre 1.1) vs post 1.1 chloro.

Default rdps tanky warrior(pre 1.1) vs post 1.1 chloro.

so like my guildie is a cholro and he is way more awesome than my old so called OP rb/reaver/pali

let's see um rb dps maxxes out around 31 points. that using riftsurge(OMG SO OP) and fiery burst, and flamespear as your primary spam- keeping in mind flaemspear doesn't scale with weapon dmg and AP/str does little to nothing for dmg, even in full t2 dps leather or plate.

reaver has a stacking buff to phys and magic dmg mitigation, umm a couple hundreds points to armour adn 9% magic mitigation. also dmg mitigation under 30% hp. has a 5% to dmg buff. and ofc grisly works, which mainly affects mob grinding downtime(iirc 9% of total hp healed every time something you tag dies)

pali- 10% dmg buff when using 1 handed weapons, 100% self heal on a 10min cd, buff to armour. endurance buff-adds maybe 200hp or so.

a pidily hp bonus from points spent in tank souls.

my guildie's chloro out dpses that build heas ocntonual self healing based on dmg, plus proper heals, plus hp buffs, plus dmg mitigation that makes my old tank stuff look weak, and has more hp than that old build and does all that on the move with a30m range.

or to put this in perspective with current realities, my 31rb/22para/10 pali has 2k less hp than his cholro, that 10m cd self heal, and the dps buff on ranged dps from 1.1 is mitigated to the point where i am basically doing negative dmg to him as he dpses me(in a duel).

so forget pyros- healing mage that outdpses and out tanks warriors? yes rift has that.
    enyo - defiant warrior seastone.
    gundam - defiant rogue seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyklingon View Post
    so like my guildie is a cholro and he is way more awesome than my old so called OP rb/reaver/pali

let's see um rb dps maxxes out around 31 points. that using riftsurge(OMG SO OP) and fiery burst, and flamespear as your primary spam- keeping in mind flaemspear doesn't scale with weapon dmg and AP/str does little to nothing for dmg, even in full t2 dps leather or plate.

reaver has a stacking buff to phys and magic dmg mitigation, umm a couple hundreds points to armour adn 9% magic mitigation. also dmg mitigation under 30% hp. has a 5% to dmg buff. and ofc grisly works, which mainly affects mob grinding downtime(iirc 9% of total hp healed every time something you tag dies)

pali- 10% dmg buff when using 1 handed weapons, 100% self heal on a 10min cd, buff to armour. endurance buff-adds maybe 200hp or so.

my guildie's chloro out dpses that build heas ocntonual self healing based on dmg, plus proper heals, plus hp buffs, plus dmg mitigation that makes my old tank stuff look weak, and has more hp than that old build and does all that on the move with a30m range.

or to put this in perspective with current realities, my 31rb/22para/10 pali has 2k less hp than his cholro, that 10m cd self heal, and the dps buff on ranged dps from 1.1 is mitigated to the point where i am basically doing negative dmg to him as he dpses me(in a duel).

so forget pyros- healing mage that outdpses and out tanks warriors? yes rift has that.
    what the hell did you just say

Quote Originally Posted by LOLtex View Post
    I...think he just suggested that a healer DPS soul does more DPS than a tank spec warrior and he's not happy about it?

I'm not sure if I should laugh or take some Ibuprofen.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

no a dps healer is tankier and outdpses while ehaling a medicore dps build with tanky stuff to make up for the lack of dps that was severely nerfed to remove the tanky stuff that made up for the bad dps.

really if i want to have a chance in thsi kind of fight, i need to go para/champ/(bm) for MOAR STUNS AND BURSTEEE DEEPS.

in fact that's the only viable warrior dps build.

but chloros like my guildie are still going to laugh at it.
    enyo - defiant warrior seastone.
    gundam - defiant rogue seastone.

Your build is all over the place.

my guildie's chloro out dpses that build heas ocntonual self healing based on dmg
    Your rotation sucks if you're being outDPS'd by a Chloro/Lock. Seriously.

plus proper heals
    2 of them. 1 on an 8 second cooldown, 1 on an even longer cooldown.

plus hp buffs
    For 20 seconds, on a 3min cooldown.

plus dmg mitigation that makes my old tank stuff look weak
    For 8 seconds, Also, your tank build sucks if 8 seconds of 80% mitigation makes that much of a difference in a fight against a mage.

and has more hp than that old build
    For 20 seconds. Should get you up to 7.5k HP or so. If your tanky build as a warrior including paladin and reaver souls doesn't get you up to that, you're doing it seriously wrong.

and does all that on the move with a30m range.
    Damage spells that can be casted as Chloro/Lock on the move: Bloom, Flourish, Corrosion (lol), Radiant Spores, Dark Touch.

Only two of those heal the mage and they are on a cooldown. Only one does any serious damage (Corrosion sucks for damage and doesn't proc Lifegiving Veil).

or to put this in perspective with current realities, my 31rb/22para/10 pali has 2k less hp than his cholro
    Your build seriously sucks. Also, that HP only lasts 20 seconds.

that 10m cd self heal, and the dps buff on ranged dps from 1.1 is mitigated to the point where i am basically doing negative dmg to him
    Again, for 8 seconds. If you can't last 8 seconds against a Chloro/Lock, one of the builds with the least DPS in the mage range on soul combinations, you suck at this game.

as he dpses me(in a duel).
    Seriously, if you can't outlast those 8 seconds of mitigation, for them to be such a difference, you suck.

Out tanks warriors for 8 seconds, in a duel. Out DPSs a warrior build? Yeah, your build and rotation sucks.

Also, do you seriously expect to duel a healer and outlast them with just a self heal on a 10min cooldown? Do you go around dueling clerics? No? Chloros are healers.

Also, this game is not balanced around duels.

You're just whinning because mages are not free kills to your lolflamespear spec anymore. Deal with it.

Rift Chaser

something that people need to understand is that in this game nobody is playing a glass cannon.

glass cannon ideas are in your head from playing other games.

this is not one of those games.

mages are ranged dps.

the whole ranged dps has to be squishy idea wasn't put in your head from playing this game.

leave your preconceptions at the door.

ranged dps vs melee dps damage is a different discussion and melee dps because of mechanics should do more damage than ranged, but this conversation is about survivability and in that case if they want to spec for it then all classes should be able to.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LOLtex View Post
    Basically summed up as Im an idiot, and my class should be able to do everything and if not, then I want others to be nerfed. Because I have low self esteem and I cant get a date, so I want others to suck as much as I feel that I suck.

Enough children, this game has roles and each class has a niche. Learn that role and enjoy playing it instead of all the p3nis envy that I see on this board.

+ Reply to Thread