+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something new in mind?

Default Something new in mind?

Just wondering if anyone out there that have played one archtype are maybe considering something new for Rift. I am currently playing a Swashie in EQ2 before that my main was a ranger in EQ1 I know ranger down lolz. Yes I have a full compliment of alts but have really played scout classes mostly.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

I tend to always play a Warrior of some sort as my main, whether it is a Paladin, Berserker, Guardian, etc. I occasionally will drift toward something else, but that is rare. I enjoy being a group leader and being in the thick of the action, and those are things associated with being a tank.

The nice thing about Rift is that I will be able to experience every sort of Warrior, so hopefully I never grow weary of it.

I always start a game with something I am familiar with. Then, once I'm actually familiar with the game I will try something different.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I always start as a caster. Most of the time Warlock, however if there is a Necro, it will be my main choice!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Zoe

Quote Originally Posted by aahingenuity View Post
    I always start a game with something I am familiar with. Then, once I'm actually familiar with the game I will try something different.
    I do the same. Normally a hunter/ranger type or if I play a caster it would be a warlock.
    One class i hardly ever (used to be NEVER until I played one in Warhammer) is a Healer type.
    Zoe-SiN
    Sinister

I'll be going rogue of course, what rogue, a close combat heavy dmg rogue. After that, well I'll probably make a caster, heavy dmg, maybe summon some adds.

But always rogue as main.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindair View Post
    I'll be going rogue of course, what rogue, a close combat heavy dmg rogue. After that, well I'll probably make a caster, heavy dmg, maybe summon some adds.

But always rogue as main.
    I don't really like Warrior types, because that requires you to be MT, and I have ADHD, so once I get focused on a target it is hard for me to pull off it. Which is not a good quality for the MT, cause all the squishies go down fast, once they pull agro...lol

I do better with support/dps classes. I've done the healer thing a couple times, but, I did not care much for it, it way too boring and healers never get hardly any credit.

I go with Ranger, Rogue, Scoutt, Shaman, Paladins, Hunters, Warlocks, Necromancer's. I played Rogue/Assasin in EQ, I played Wizard/Illusionist, Guardian, in EQ as well.

I played Every class that World of Warcraft had to offer at one point or another. Of those I liked the Shaman, Rogues, and Warlocks the most.

In all the asian F2P games I usually go for the Archer/Healer type that leans more towards a DPS build.

I Played a Captian, Lore-Master, and Burgler in Lord of the Rings online.

And pretty much the same in all the other games I've played. Although, I must say, that I was very fond of the dual/class method that Runes of Magic has. I liked that a lot. Being able to be a Mage, and then a Priest as well, all in one, that was very nice.

I'd like to see something like that in other games.

I'd also like to see something like a "Seer" that maybe sees future actions in a battle, or can maybe see a more proper path to take in a dungon, Of course this would be a Healer/Caster type class, But I'm just shooting from the hip here.

The main thing is "Seer" meaning they have a preception of the future in some fashion.

I started out as a tank but also played DPS and last few years I am playing a dedicated healer. Now depending on how healers work in RIFT (targeting) I will probably switch or stay as a healer.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    Just wondering if anyone out there that have played one archtype are maybe considering something new for Rift. I am currently playing a Swashie in EQ2 before that my main was a ranger in EQ1 I know ranger down lolz. Yes I have a full compliment of alts but have really played scout classes mostly.
    I am going to play whatever Nadili is not. She is my wife and we both play rogues so have to bid against each other for loot LOL.

Actually very interested in playing a mage or healer this time around. I am so stoked to be trying an innovative new game so to me I want to make it the full meal deal and try out a whole new archtype.

I also thin that coming in and playing something that is in the same archtype as what you have always played may actually jade the experience. You may have preconceived notions of what that class should or should not be able to do, how they should parse etc to fully enjoy it. I will likely end up with a scout class of some time at some point, but yeah I just want to start the whole thing from a fresh perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktiir View Post
    I am going to play whatever Nadili is not. She is my wife and we both play rogues so have to bid against each other for loot LOL.
    +1 I can put the frying pan back in the cupboard.

I usually play healers and buffers and I think I'm going to end up doing that here too. If I can build a mid/low range squishy mage I might give that a go instead.

I always play a stealth/melee DPS character as my main, and a healer as my alt. Unless the game doesn't have stealth, then I play healer as my main and ranged DPS like an Archer for my alt.

Will probably be a ranger type to start as that is what I have always played and enjoyed in the past, but my recent experiences with shadowknights in eq2 may lead me to make some sort of fighter here as well, will have to see

Only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that I won't play a Mage.

Always fancied nuking stuff from 50 yards was kinda cheesy....

I'm usually always playing some sort of rogue-y thing, I was always doing something stabby. WoW was the first game I didn't play a rogue in and I actually really found I enjoyed hunter. I'm thinking therefore I'm going ranger this time.

However I've also got my eye on the final cleric class as, after going back to EQ and playing a shaman for a bit, I actually found I liked it, and I normally avoid anything healish/castery like the plague. But if the final cleric class catches my attention (hoping for something shaman-ish/druidy) I'll probably have one of those as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast