+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 roles is kinda not enough I really really need 5 or 6 as a mage

Rift Disciple

Default 4 roles is kinda not enough I really really need 5 or 6 as a mage

Any chance we will see this 4 roles limitation slightly increased sometime or is this set in stone?

Quote Originally Posted by StormRift View Post
    Any chance we will see this 4 roles limitation slightly increased sometime or is this set in stone?
    take a week and level another one.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=4 roles is kinda not enough I really really need 5 or 6 as a mage[/QUOTE]

Dude are you ******ed? 4 is more than enough. if you need 5 or 6 then you are just plain bad

Quote Originally Posted by bryndr View Post

Dude are you ******ed? 4 is more than enough. if you need 5 or 6 then you are just plain bad
    Why bad? He just likes variety.

I'd like more roles too. Do anyone NEED it? No. But some people like switching up gameplay to keep things interesting.

Plane Walker

well i can understand the need of more i constantly find myself cursing that i miss out on some specs.

what rogues kindof need.

tank
    melee dps
    ranged dps
    bard
    pvp
    test/second pvp spec
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bryndr View Post

This guy know what he's talking about.

If you have a role ready for a specific situation, you're bad.
    Just PVP in your tank spec and level/grind in your healing spec, who care, still gets the job done!

Soulwalker

I agree.

I'm currently fielding a pve grind spec for dailies, mat farming etc
    pve chloro/lock spec for main healing
    pvp chloro
    pve damage

I'd like to add a pvp dam spec and a chloro/archon for support healing.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I often wish I had 5 or 6 roles:
    the first 4 i'm using right now:

pvp nightblade
    pvp marksman
    bard
    aoe farming bladedancer

5. Specialized pvp anti-healer/caster build or pvp assassin
    6. pve DPS or riftstalker tank

Agreed. It's so annoying to change builds. I like experiments with different soul combinations, but it's annoying to place all skills back after tests.
    It's enough to have 2-4 specs for any kind of content for my mage:
    Farming: AoE, Tough elite tanking
    PVP: damager, healer, carrier, support
    Instances and raids: damager, healer, support, heal/support hybrid
    But all that builds are different. We can switch between needed roles in one kind of content but if we want to switch between content we must spend much time placing skills on their slots in skillbar.

5-8 roles will be much more comfortable than 4. And no disbalance.
    Atrox@Shivermere, mage

Soulwalker

The two roles that really get a bit shafted are tanks and healers. You easily need at least two options for both, tanks typically needing physical and magical damage based souls and healers focusing on single, area, or burst heals. On top of that they will likely need at least one DPS option (potentially two for melee vs ranged) and then at least one PvE or PvP role.

Even if all you ever do is DPS you still need to make some substantial changes in your build if you focus on single target or multiple targets, melee build options versus ranged build options. These will very easily differ from your PvE and PvP builds.

Also just the PvP souls in general are a silly thing to include since most people can't justify putting any points into them because all their roles are filled.

Honestly though, once content gets released to where people need specific roles for a long event they will just reset them in town. Pre-event you'll just have the entire guild wiping their PvE and PvP specs just to accommodate for the specific dungeon, then once that dungeon is over they will just reset them again. This seems a bit unnecessary when they could just add a 5th and potentially 6th role option for 50+ plat. It could be 100 or 200 plat, it would just be nice to save the convenience of constantly going into town pre-events to swap out a build that will be replaced by the end of the day with the exact same thing.

It would be cool if you could store your roles, so you'd have 4 you could swap between at anything time and the other roles would be stored somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Telaran

Four would be enough if all I did was PVP or PVE, but since I do both its really limitting to only having 4 roles. Add a new and challenging quest chain that will allow us to earn a 5th role would be awesome.

/signed

Would always be nice to have more roles. I have no intention of leveling another character of the same type and trying to get gear for it. That's just ******ed.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

If Trion wanted, they could make a boatload of money by selling the 5th and 6th roles in the new "Trion Store."
    Sigbjorn - Cleric|Guardian|Sunrest
    Variance - Mage|Guardian|Sunrest
    Achillea - Rogue|Defiant|Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomandlore View Post
    If Trion wanted, they could make a boatload of money by selling the 5th and 6th roles in the new "Trion Store."
    True. I'd pay it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast