+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where's the red ball nerfs

Shield of Telara

Default Where's the red ball nerfs

Pyro's will continue to 1 shot players with the red ball, it has nothing to do with dominators at all, trion is nerfing the wrong things, LAME

Although it's true that pyro's can utilize the buff well, anyone can make use of it. I've seen cabalists grab that thing and kill an entire raid before. Even low damage builds like necro's and low-point warlocks can cause some serious damage with that. Pyro's just have higher spike damage.

That is why someone with stealth needs to make sure they never get it.

Of course it is worthless for a rogue to get it since 100% of low damage is just 2xlow damage.
    Last edited by Delphya; 04-17-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Plane Touched

I dont mind the red balls, they really help lower level players against higher ones. World of difference between a 20 and a 29

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    I dont mind the red balls, they really help lower level players against higher ones. World of difference between a 20 and a 29
    The complaints are that certain classes benefit far more from it. On my main I can crit 3500+ insta casts with it. My rogue barely sees a bump in damage, in fact the only rogue spec that does benefit decently from it is marksman during hit and run.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Pyro's will continue to 1 shot players with the red ball, it has nothing to do with dominators at all, trion is nerfing the wrong things, LAME
    Very LAME indeed

The dominator transmogrify crit was really needed for other mage souls to do anything remotely close to what pyro does. And this usually involves 8+ spell combo in which a single resist makes it all fall to pieces, compared to the pyro 2-3 key press that a chimp could do.

Seems to me that if they want to nerf pyro damage (which is 100% ok with me, despite the idiocy of most pyro one-shot QQ) then they should nerf pyro damage, and leave the other weakling mage souls alone.

Its because ATP scales horribly and spell power scales great. Thats why when people start getting better gear you see more and more of a gap between melee and casters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhCXvhlpCs
    Indeed warriors needed the nerf and mages are needed help, as seen in the video. See how the poor kid struggles to earn his food money.^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaevF...eature=related
    And the poor Cleric above...He's having such a ruff time. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1iCw1F_ooo
    Even rogues have it ruff ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N-lc...layer_embedded
    But here's a warrior AoE grinding ^^ Watch as he crits the crowd for 9999.

people are going to have a rude awakening when pyros continue to dominate warfronts just because of this stupid red buff.

honestly out of pure casual player base POV as a developer i would remove it completely or nerf it for spell power users because it will make a lot of people quit the game; thinking a class is imbalanced when in reality its just an imbalanced WF buff.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

General of Telara

yes they help lower gear people to have better score but it is mostly camp by good player usually. I saw a caba one shotting me with sign of asias buff, it was epic!

but yeah, that red orb need to go for the sake of pvp future. In anybodies hands, it is dangerous, .... well perhaps not for bards? or a Full warden?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Agreed. We call it the Red Pill of Skill for a very good reason.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

aux

The worst thing is that after nerfing the wrong skills, they'll suck forever because un-nerfing something would be like admitting a mistake and as a MMO company you just don't do that!

Telaran

Yeah and **** Pyro/ele damage in PvE GG

pyros will die to a sneeze after the GoS nerf anyway, so Im fine with them having a blast for a short while. once someone gets in range its buh-bye for them.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    pyros will die to a sneeze after the GoS nerf anyway, so Im fine with them having a blast for a short while. once someone gets in range its buh-bye for them.
    That's really not true. Unbreakable roots + 3 other shields + blink removing crowd control + disarm + detaunt = you need one hell of a sneeze. Then there's squirrel toasting, which my alt can't do yet.

On my 28 Pyro alt, I'm already easily beating most builds 1v1 -- only Warlock/Chloro and Sabo give me trouble, and (a) it's low levels, and (b) that's only if I get no procs.
    Last edited by Ampere; 04-19-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

where's the red ball nerfs
    in ur moms bedroom
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast