+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue vs. Mage lvling speed, whats faster?

Rift Chaser

Default Rogue vs. Mage lvling speed, whats faster?

Hello, as the title says, i wish to know at what speed these 2 calling lvl's at, and if possible, which one that can level faster than the other (i have a mage and a rogue atm but awaiting info on which one is faster to lvl ^^)

Rift Chaser

Anyone?

/10chars

Soulwalker

Leveling seems to move pretty quickly with both. I have run rng/brd for rogue and necro/lock for mage and both cut through with no downtime between pulls (unless you make a monster pull) and burn things down well. Either one your going to level pretty fast with so play the one you enjoy the most.

Rogue seemed a lot faster to me.
    Of course I started my mage main in Headstart and hit 50 long before 1.1, but I still think rogues level quite a bit faster than mages. Unless you really enjoy AoE grinding, I guess.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the replies

I'll test out rogue i think =)

Telaran

for rogue, if you want to ranged, Main ranger and you will never take hits. If you want to melee, you need 13 in riftstalker for Rift Scavenger heal. 0 downtime.

tbh im not quite sure here

i leveled my mage mostly with chloro lock necro, a mid dmg spec with no downtime(pet tank, aoe lifetaps for heals, sacrifice life mana regen)

i leveled my rogue as a riftstalker/bladedancer (spec rift scavenger use it wisely and u got pvp heals)... thx to riftscavenger and energy as a ressources, again, pretty much next to no downtime between fights

precisely which one was faster i dont know, but both were pretty close for me
    Down the rabbit hole...

Telaran

got a 50 rogue and a mage in the 30s.

Rogue is faster at the beginning, but when mage gets the tool to go aoe xp rate skyrockets
    Whitefall - Guardian
    Pazzoo - Rogue [Best Friends]

Rift Disciple

ranger/bard or necro/lock, either one is about as fast to low 30s. Mages that can figure out aoe grinding in the late 30s will go faster, but rangers aoe isn't bad either.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

Plane Touched

Downtime is pretty important. After my cleric Soul Purges the six of so +1 one monsters I've gathered, they'll all die. Then I'll have to look around for something else to kill. Piles of bodies everywhere.

Now that's some serious downtime.

Also, my cleric will sometimes run out of mana from AOE Even Justice'ing 5-6 mobs at once.

And you also have the problem of fields of bodies an no respawn's yet, just like Soul Purge.

More downtime.

Woe is me! Beset on all sides by downtime!

Rogues will almost never have the problem of having killed everything in sight, and so having to look for more foes. This makes Rogues more efficient cause they have less downtime.

no matter what either way you're going to go much faster with less downtime with either than warriors.
    enyo - defiant warrior seastone.
    gundam - defiant rogue seastone.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by PaZZo View Post
    got a 50 rogue and a mage in the 30s.

Rogue is faster at the beginning, but when mage gets the tool to go aoe xp rate skyrockets
    I've leveled every class to 50 now.

what this guy is saying is the truth of it.

the leveling speed in my opinion and I've looked a LOT into the leveling builds around while doing the four characters and the idea in my mind for the fastest leveling is;

Cleric > Mage > Rogue > Warrior

I don't know what warriors were like pre 1.1 because I didn't level mine then but I hear it was faster, right now leveling a warrior is painful compared to the others and while leveling a rogue is safe and easy and everything it's very slow compared to cleric and mage aoe builds.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    Downtime is pretty important. After my cleric Soul Purges the six of so +1 one monsters I've gathered, they'll all die. Then I'll have to look around for something else to kill. Piles of bodies everywhere.

Now that's some serious downtime.

Also, my cleric will sometimes run out of mana from AOE Even Justice'ing 5-6 mobs at once.

And you also have the problem of fields of bodies an no respawn's yet, just like Soul Purge.

More downtime.

Woe is me! Beset on all sides by downtime!

Rogues will almost never have the problem of having killed everything in sight, and so having to look for more foes. This makes Rogues more efficient cause they have less downtime.
    If you're running out of mana on a cleric melee build then you're doing something wrong. If you pick up any 2 of the three melee trees which I'd assume anyone going melee would, then it's just a matter of hitting one of the mana recharge things every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Anchor; 04-17-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    If you're running out of mana on a cleric melee build then you're doing something wrong. If you pick up any 2 of the three melee trees which I'd assume anyone going melee would, then it's just a matter of hitting one of the mana recharge things every 30 seconds.
    I have one of the mana recharges, and I'd rather do more damage and have to drink every once in a while than have two mana recharges. I am aware that some people can path themselves so by walking backwards into other mobs and timing rmana recharges properly they never stop.

I am not that person.

Rift Master

Mage, no contest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast