+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun lost to the percentages?....

Default Fun lost to the percentages?....

just reading through the class forums and quite a lot of people seem to be telling and not advising people of how they should play this game.....
    now i'm not a level 50 super gamer with an ultimate macro or combat rotation i'm level 31 with a rouge who plays on a RP server for the fun of things and its a little bit sad of how its just a whiney mess of people arguing over 0.97% crit chance etc, it just makes it hard when your looking at a post labeled "Ranger build info" etc and after the first page of posts it turns to chaos?

how about remember its just a game and some people play for the FUN of it.

there's nothing wrong with that because this game is a bit more complex than Pacman so that sort of disscusion is good, but how about being a bit more supportive of people who don't know all that you know.

just my opinion.

While I do understand where you are coming from, the majority of people posting builds are looking to min/max their character. You will never stop trolling or whining, but debating .5% critical chance in a build thread should be encouraged. That's the point of the thread in the first place. In the end, there really is no reason for a casual build thread to exist as it is counter-intuitive to posting a build to be critiqued in the first place.

Don't take this post the wrong way. I endorse players playing their own way. They are just as entitled as anyone else as long as they aren't causing anyone around them any grief.

i fully agree,

i'm just saying some people have lost sight of the fact casual players are in the forums too and we shouldn't flame them in a more "casual" type thread, i'm all for threads that are really well done and clever with the maths behind things etc for the really nitty gritty topics.

"Kids will be kids" as the saying goes. You're better off ignoring the extremely whiney or obvious trolls.

To be honest, once the fan sites really take off, you're better off just migrating to those.

1. Trion is less likely to ban trolls/impolite posters because they have to walk that fine line of trying to please as many paying customers as possible.

2. Trion simply cannot monitor every single thread.

Fan sites generally have smaller communities with a better atmosphere.

+ Reply to Thread