+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Tree really need's to be relooked at (some classes)

Shadowlander

Default Soul Tree really need's to be relooked at (some classes)

If I spent as much time playing as I do looking up specs and respecing i'd be 50 by now rofl. As i was going through the many trees of a mage I noticed there is a lot of places to put points that really don't help you at all.

For example:

Take the Cholro tree.Great class to have and damn fun to play. BUT lets look at Enduring Tether, if you put 2 points in to it you knock off 60 sec off your in combat rez. While yes a 4 minute in combat rez is better then a 5 minute one wouldn't you rather just take those 2 points elsewhere?

It's little things like that, that i have noticed are kinda just put there for space consumption.

Let's take that same soul skill and let's say if you put your 2 points into it then the timer would be half. Now to me that's worth putting those points in to.

I think what this company is doing so far is great and really look forward to future updates and events. I would like the company to take a another look at some of the trees and make a few of these space consumption skills a bit more wanted/needed.

I am sure that some will not agree, but for the most part I am sure most of us look at our trees and think to ourselves " Man if that was just a bit better or more worth it, I'd put my point there".

For god sake I am not asking for the all mighty nerf bat to go swinging. Definitely not asking for that, just asking to make some of these skills in the trees to be a bit more wanted/needed.

Shield of Telara

Yeah, you are right.

There are some that make no sense and people wouldn't really touch them. Some for PvP, some for PvE and some of both.

If the Dev's started filling in the gaps with over the top stuff instead of the fill in talents you are speaking off then things would get even more crazy. Just look at Warriors.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Yeah, you are right.

There are some that make no sense and people wouldn't really touch them. Some for PvP, some for PvE and some of both.

If the Dev's started filling in the gaps with over the top stuff instead of the fill in talents you are speaking off then things would get even more crazy. Just look at Warriors.
    Especially Dominator. It's my favorite class, but it feels like it was designed specifically for PvP and nothing else. Heck, the 31 point talent in the Dominator tree can ONLY be used on enemy players.

I would really like some abilities in Dominator that had better PvE applications. Although it seems like CC doesn't have much of a role in PvE which is probably the root of the problem...

+ Reply to Thread