+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classes play much diffrent to WOW

Telaran

Default Classes play much diffrent to WOW

I think why people rage so much about people being OP becouse they dont get how to play rift. Rift has no bottle necked class. with little customization.
    Rift has massive customisation. you need so much gear so many planar focuses to be effective. you can expect one class to behave better in pvp if you use it for pve.

Just like Trion said if something seems OP you make a role to counter that.

so a pyro is a Glass cannon with 30 meter range so get a marksmen or get an assassin to take him out.
    clerics are extremely weak against void nights and mana drainers.
    mages have almost no breaks so stun silence fear them.
    warriors have no range so slow them and keep them at bay.
    rogues are squishy so it they gank or use target target them and down the quick.

along as you cover some of these archetypes you can be successful in pvp. you do have 4 roles to.

Quote Originally Posted by mellyonz View Post
    I think why people rage so much about people being OP becouse they dont get how to play rift. Rift has no bottle necked class. with little customization.
    Rift has massive customisation. you need so much gear so many planar focuses to be effective. you can expect one class to behave better in pvp if you use it for pve.

so a pyro is a Glass cannon with 30 meter range so get a marksmen or get an assassin to take him out.
    rogues are squishy so it they gank or use target target them and down the quick.

along as you cover some of these archetypes you can be successful in pvp. you do have 4 roles to.
    Marksmen struggle to kill anything, much less a pyro with 30% dmg reduction. 2 souls can mana drain so only 2 classes get that. Pyros can't be cc'd while they pew-pew away. Your lack of understanding of the issues astounds me. The only thing you got right was that rogues can be burnt fairly quickly.
    Snugglebunny - <NAS> - P40 Warrior
    BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sonnei - <NAS> - P40 Mage [Semi-Retired]
    Sonneillon - <NAS> - P40 Rogue [RETIRED]

Sword of Telara

Pyros are the opposite of glass cannons. They're immovable cannons with smaller cannons on them.

Warriors do have range, in fact their ranged attacks in pvp are pretty Fing strong and carry with them dots, silences, stuns, snares and interrupts.

And why does everyone have to spec specifically to counter pyros, and thus becoming less effect vs other classes, when pyros kill everything besides other pyros?

You sir, win the idiot award.
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    Marksmen struggle to kill anything, much less a pyro with 30% dmg reduction. 2 souls can mana drain so only 2 classes get that. Pyros can't be cc'd while they pew-pew away. Your lack of understanding of the issues astounds me. The only thing you got right was that rogues can be burnt fairly quickly.
    Marksmen are fine you just need to know what your doing. i have seen them get 400 dps on a single target that could take out a pyro in a bout 15 sec.
    i guess mana drain only one 2 archetypes. silences and stuns work pretty well if they not a caster cleric.
    clerics can be very tricky. best way if to CC them but sometimes it can be hard. i found the easiest way to kill them is to get one of your premades to attack him forcing self heals then attack his friends.
    1v1 with clerics can be pretty easy if u got a silence, really they can only heal or cast so just keep the pressure on.
    rogues are alot less squishy if they riftstalkers or bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    35 meter range > 30 meter range that is what your lack of understanding comes down to. I don't care if a MM does 50 damage a hit, if you can hit someone and they can't hit you, then you win.
    Sebesto - Deepstrike
    If you choose to play on a PvP server, itís our assumption that you not only donít mind that level of interruption from that PvP attack-and-defense style of gameplay, but are actively excited about taking part in it. If you want uninterrupted PvE questing, choosing a PvE server is definitely recommended. - The RIFT Development Team

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Pyros are the opposite of glass cannons. They're immovable cannons with smaller cannons on them.

Warriors do have range, in fact their ranged attacks in pvp are pretty Fing strong and carry with them dots, silences, stuns, snares and interrupts.

And why does everyone have to spec specifically to counter pyros, and thus becoming less effect vs other classes, when pyros kill everything besides other pyros?

the best way to play is have your standard pve, pvp, tank/healer, dps.
    use souls that if needed can counter pyro's so let say you have ranger marksmen for pve. well he can down that pyro then just change roles back to you pvp.
    battling a riftblade can be hard. slowing does still help because remember there range is only 20 meters so all you need to do it stay away from them. the have a riftwalk but again its 20 meters.
    best way to counter a riftblade is to be a riftstalker. or be void night. or a pyro.
    rift blades do have alot of perks but don't do alot of sustained dmg so survive first wave and kill them in between.

Marksmen are fine you just need to know what your doing. i have seen them get 400 dps on a single target that could take out a pyro in a bout 15 sec.
    rogues are alot less squishy if they riftstalkers or bards.
    Lol...?

First of all 400 dps on a target dummy is PATHETIC compared to most every other dps soul. In 15 seconds a pyro could have killed you like 4 times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklebuck View Post
    I'm sticking around because I have faith that they will implement some real PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Haetus View Post
    Lol...?

First of all 400 dps on a target dummy is PATHETIC compared to most every other dps soul. In 15 seconds a pyro could have killed you like 4 times over.
    Not if they cant hit you. marksman have the most range in entire game. all you need is a few points and you have a counter. i mean guns and bows scale even if you don't have many points in marksman you can easy just slowly take down pyro without even knowing what hit him.
    Because i have seen it done to me

Sur
    Shadowlander

Not if they cant hit you. marksman have the most range in entire game. all you need is a few points and you have a counter. i mean guns and bows scale even if you don't have many points in marksman you can easy just slowly take down pyro without even knowing what hit him.
    Because i have seen it done to me
    Maybe you suck at being a mage? Pyros in particular have stuns, slows, a disarm and flicker. they dont really need GoS to kill a marksman it helps but its not needed. If you are loosing fights to a marksmen then you should rethink your strategy unless you are just being sarcastic and your two post went right over my head.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sur View Post
    Maybe you suck at being a mage? Pyros in particular have stuns, slows, a disarm and flicker. they dont really need GoS to kill a marksman it helps but its not needed. If you are loosing fights to a marksmen then you should rethink your strategy unless you are just being sarcastic and your two post went right over my head.
    i wasn't currently targeting him and before i realised and mover to kill him i got silenced right out of GoS and killed.
    on other occasions i would flee and he would get me.
    this was all mostly in black garden.
    he would wait for me to move i did try inst cast GoS but my health was already low.
    I could just never hit him he was good.

Marksman works, but only in clear field, assassin don't work alone. It's nightblade which does the trick.

Mana drains have huge cd, and clerics have mana regen.

Mages have break free (-all cc every 2 min) and flicker (removal of stun, roots, fears, squirrels, etc every 20 seconds). Gl stunning a mage.

Probably the only smart thing said there, sadly some archetypes can't kite them.

Rogues are squishy? Tell it those folks who's dying to 3 people in about 2 minutes, and those neat 12k hp riftstalker i faced recently.

Idiots are squishy, rogues are not.
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgan View Post
    Marksman works, but only in clear field, assassin don't work alone. It's nightblade which does the trick.

Mages have break free (-all cc every 2 min) and flicker (removal of stun, roots, fears, squirrels, etc every 20 seconds). Gl stunning a mage.

Probably the only smart thing said there, sadly some archetypes can't kite them.

Rogues are squishy? Tell it those folks who's dying to 3 people in about 2 minutes, and those neat 12k hp riftstalker i faced recently.

This is not the place for rationale or experience. Please take your level-headed rebuttals elsewhere. ty.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post

------------

Actually OP seemed right on with the basic generalizations. Warriors have range, but its 20 yards.. vs a rangers 35 yards or mages 30. A Mage can squirrel a warrior and kill him before a Warrior can reach them with any 1 ability. Or a Marksman could kite the Warrior indefinitely.

And then you had to flame the OP because you dont see eye to eye.
    Last edited by Lucidvein; 04-16-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Telaran

Im being very General with the archetypes. I will say mana drain is extremely effect. but is very undesired by most pvp roles.
    I think mana drain most effective way to kill a cleric rather than out DPSing there HPS.

Prophet of Telara

ehmm no?

VK's basic mana drain has 15sec cd. Pot has 2-3min cd and is the only way in combat for clerics to regain mana.

mana regeneration is non-existant. With t3pve gear i need 6-8sec to regen the mana to cast my most mana efficient single target heal, and this one has a 3sec cast time. Intants are more expensive hps. Aoe cost about as 4-5 single target heals and heal for half of single target heals.

get your facts straight. With 550wisdom my mana regeneration is still crap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast