+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legitimacy of most damage dealt in warfronts?

Default Legitimacy of most damage dealt in warfronts?

So I have played a few classes now, and I just tried a chloro. I was tops on the damage and second on the healing, both over 10k. But had zero kbs. So my question is, is DOT & HOT really equivalent to direct, or do the numbers tell a lie?
    Like it, hate it, it is simply my two cents.
    Like me, hate me, i am simply worth that same two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by rojalee775 View Post
    So I have played a few classes now, and I just tried a chloro. I was tops on the damage and second on the healing, both over 10k. But had zero kbs. So my question is, is DOT & HOT really equivalent to direct, or do the numbers tell a lie?
    Aoe in most games is trash dps, esp dots and you saw it yourself. Tops damage, zero death blows.

Shield of Telara

Does it really matter if you have top kills or death blows?

My cleric is usually up top with damage done, I also do have high kills. Not always will I have high killing blows. It doesn't matter as long as you play your part and your team wins really.

Besides, if your AoE or DoT's are making a big impact in the battle then that is all that matters, not the extra killing blows.

Not always about who has the highest points. It's about working together and being a team in a Warfront.

Killing blows will work of who did the last hit to kill that player, so when it says "<player> has slain <player>" that is who gets the point. Your DoT's and AoE just helped with it, hence the kills section.

Well the point is, to me , that if im throwing out all that damage, I should be killing too. I do often get the feeling that clerics are just laughing at all my dots ps, I am a team player mainly because im horrible at pvp, so I rely heavily on my team. I had thought with the high numbers that I was going good, but now I,m just not positive.o
    Last edited by rojalee775; 04-15-2011 at 11:43 PM.

isn't the only legitimate thing teamwork contributing to a WF victory?
    Last edited by entropyboy; 04-15-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by rojalee775 View Post
    Well the point is, to me , that if im throwing out all that damage, I should be killing too. I do often get the feeling that clerics are just laughing at all my dots ps, I am a team player mainly because im horrible at pvp, so I rely heavily on my team. I had thought with the high numbers that I was going good, but now I,m just not positive.o
    well, i just wanted to point out that chloro's are supposed to be the mage healing soul...dmg is just a bonus for them...if you're looking to do effective dmg, pick another soul...

Burst is king. Sustained means nothing...unless you sustain 2,000 DPS.

Once again, I understand roles etc... I played a life & death mage in AC 14 years ago... But people tend to brag on the numbers and im starting to believe that the whole parsing system is pointless.

+ Reply to Thread