+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nerf all AE

Telaran

Default Nerf all AE

Limit them to 3 or 5 mobs. Everyone and their dog goes area effect. Give more reason to go single target.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flipryde View Post
    Limit them to 3 or 5 mobs. Everyone and their dog goes area effect. Give more reason to go single target.
    all bosses are single target for most part.

what more reason do you want?

Shadowlander

Why go single target when clustering enemies and destroying them with AoE is much more efficient?

Soulwalker

Try running an expert dungeon like xIT for example with no aoe classes, it's painful and takes twice as long to finish

Ascendant

900 single target dps = one mob dies fast

300 aoe dps x 8 mobs = the whole instance goes faster

Shadowlander

OP is probably just annoyed seeing Cleric/Pyro pairings closing rifts two levels higher than them by themselves.

It's an extremely useful combo in PvE, and one my friend and I use(he's the cleric, I'm the pyro). Enemies spawn in, he clusters them for me, I use Fire Storm and we both win points. When an elite pops, I roll Chloromancer and he tanks. Assuming I can't just WTFpwn the elite with Heat Wave + Pyro Armor + GoP and throwing 20 Fireballs(and the occasional Cinder Burst) at it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gourd View Post
    OP is probably just annoyed seeing Cleric/Pyro pairings closing rifts two levels higher than them by themselves.

It's an extremely useful combo in PvE, and one my friend and I use(he's the cleric, I'm the pyro). Enemies spawn in, he clusters them for me, I use Fire Storm and we both win points. When an elite pops, I roll Chloromancer and he tanks. Assuming I can't just WTFpwn the elite with Heat Wave + Pyro Armor + GoP and throwing 20 Fireballs(and the occasional Cinder Burst) at it.
    i do that as a 50/50 chloromancer warlock without help

the elite is generally an issue though, but by then someone saw that it was a death rift for the daily and ive inherited a meatshield.

Prophet of Telara

AE is just a shortcut to top damage boards. I can get the top DPS as a ranger easy...problem is it is just a million small hits that doesn't really kill anyone. Single target melee I do less DPS, but my target dies. Since I target clerics mainly, killing them causes their team to die.

Scoreboards never tell the whole story. Not sure if this was more related to PvP, PvE, or both. That's my PvP perspective though.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    AE is just a shortcut to top damage boards. I can get the top DPS as a ranger easy...problem is it is just a million small hits that doesn't really kill anyone. Single target melee I do less DPS, but my target dies. Since I target clerics mainly, killing them causes their team to die.

Scoreboards never tell the whole story. Not sure if this was more related to PvP, PvE, or both. That's my PvP perspective though.
    i think pve

sure it wont kill any one thing as fast as single target damage, but everything dies quicker than if you had killed them individually.

when the targets are not recieving heals, aoe is the quickest most efficient way of getting things done. enough aoe and you can beat heals(seen a few times with pyro+cleric using soul drain+warlock dropping mortality working against teams with heals)

I think AE does excellent documentaries. Leave them alone!

Plane Touched

Why?.......................

Ascendant

What you're asking for will only make experts longer and more tedious which will only kick new 50s in the balls since geared 50s will no longer do experts without speed run capability. It won't make it any more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazhi View Post
    I think AE does excellent documentaries. Leave them alone!
    +1 internetz
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

+ Reply to Thread