+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will there be more souls?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Will there be more souls?

Simple question, really. Is Trion's plan that there will never be more souls, or might we see additional souls added to the game over time? Obviously, a single new soul for each calling would add a huge number of possible play choices.

Ideas include:

* A "support" soul for clerics (as opposed to heals/dps/tank)
    * A "tank" soul for mages
    * "heal" souls for rogues or warriors
    * A 2H-tanking soul for warriors
    * light-based mage DPS soul
    * Mage soul with teleporting options (so teleporting isn't exclusive to rogue tanks)
    * Multi-pet soul (think CoH mastermind)

But the big question is: Is Trion even considering someday adding more souls?

I don't know what the plan is, but I would like to see this eventually, however, I would like to give them time to adjust the current souls.

I like choices and more is better!
    Last edited by Dubblebass; 04-15-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    * A 2H-tanking soul for warriors

I dont play a warrior so i dont knwo much about them but Im told there is a spec you can get that will let you block without a shield, so I think that may work now? Again i dont play a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Miriya Epoch View Post
    I dont play a warrior so i dont knwo much about them but Im told there is a spec you can get that will let you block without a shield, so I think that may work now? Again i dont play a warrior
    Yes there is, its in the vindicator tree, and its fairly useful. The only problem with it is its 15 points to get it and thats the only mitigation you get for yourself for a 15 point investment. Not saying it's bad, just kinda average.
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-15-2011 at 09:49 AM.

While it sounds cool, I wouldn't expect it any time soon. I think a mage tank with shield/mitigation/life-tapish spells would be pretty awesome, though.

Plane Touched

Also the addition of the cooldown to Balance of Power seems like it would hurt the 2h Vindicator/Paladin. I haven't attempted it myself, but I would think the power of that build was in reflecting 160% of a 2hander's weapon damage back and that would also have made the self heals much more significant.

+ Reply to Thread