+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We healers need some love now! [Solution included]

Exclamation We healers need some love now! [Solution included]

Hello fellow Rift-lovers

I really love this game and I really love healing in this game but the UI is a real pain for us and you probably know that already (pointing to Devs). So far the only love has been dedicated to DPS classes and I think it's now time for the healers! I don't ask for the old-fashioned "Nerf Chloro" or the dull "Buff Cleric Healing", I only ask for some simple UI changes to make playing a healer will be some more efficient and currently the UI is everything except efficient for Healers!

So what do you have to about that?

1. Make the raid UI wider and give us some buff/mana management on it. This will make managing the group a lot easier and makes more clear which HoTs and buffs your raid buddies have!

2. Give us an option to toggle on the raid UI for ourselves so we don't have to ask constantly to have it on and avoiding some irritations within the group. Not everyone likes that Raid UI, you know ;)

3. Target Buffs, the biggest annoyance for a healer. We can't see our HoTs, our Buffs and the tankes always have the most buffs! I have my target frame close to my actionbar and sometimes (especially with a bard in the group) the buffs will overlap my actionbar and I lose all control

Maybe there a few more things that should be fixed for us but these three are the most important (to me). If you have something to add or you do agree with me, Post below your comment

Prophet of Telara

imo the most needed for healers atm is scaling in purifier and making small+medioum heals useful again.

after lvl 35-40 they are removed from our castbars and we are locked into only having a 3sec cast heal.

giving them more options/upgrades higher in the tree is imo needed both for utility but also so that we can enjoy healing a bit more.

it doesnt need to be big things, simple ones like :the 2sec cast sent heal affecting 2 more targets for 60-% of its value IF you cast it on a target with lasting invocation active (interweaving your skills for a bit more aoe but much less st heal) or having the purifier small heal refresh the shields on critical heals. Somethng to add flavor and break the monotony...

Plane Walker

the only thing i'd like to see changed at the ui is an option to not see buffs of target of target. as its just annoying.

i've tried and talked to others but currently there seems to be no way to disable it.
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by Perilium View Post
    Hello fellow Rift-lovers

I really love this game and I really love healing in this game but the UI is a real pain for us and you probably know that already (pointing to Devs). So far the only love has been dedicated to DPS classes and I think it's now time for the healers! I don't ask for the old-fashioned "Nerf Chloro" or the dull "Buff Cleric Healing", I only ask for some simple UI changes to make playing a healer will be some more efficient and currently the UI is everything except efficient for Healers!

So what do you have to about that?

1. Make the raid UI wider and give us some buff/mana management on it. This will make managing the group a lot easier and makes more clear which HoTs and buffs your raid buddies have!

2. Give us an option to toggle on the raid UI for ourselves so we don't have to ask constantly to have it on and avoiding some irritations within the group. Not everyone likes that Raid UI, you know ;)

3. Target Buffs, the biggest annoyance for a healer. We can't see our HoTs, our Buffs and the tankes always have the most buffs! I have my target frame close to my actionbar and sometimes (especially with a bard in the group) the buffs will overlap my actionbar and I lose all control

Maybe there a few more things that should be fixed for us but these three are the most important (to me). If you have something to add or you do agree with me, Post below your comment
    Hope they do some things like this. I enjoy healing, but I really want my grid. I need to be able to see who is under my hots, and I need to be able to set the distance they fade. Not everything I have is the same radius.

Xsi

That's all quality of life improvements and should be put on the wishlist. But really that's a year away development time...
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

I actually enjoy that healing is a challenge right now.

I'm sure it will soon devolve into some mindless point and click, don't worry.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I actually enjoy that healing is a challenge right now.

I'm sure it will soon devolve into some mindless point and click, don't worry.
    It's a "challenge" to use only 2-4 heals right? It was harder to be a good resto shaman in WoW the last 2-3 years than it is to heal in this game.

I don't think this will make healing brainless but more attractive to play a healer. On my shard we have a major lack of healers due this. I am not really sure how it is at other shards but this can reduce the lack of healers

Soulwalker

Default keybinds and addons

I like what I see in rift, but I don't see this becoming the next big game if the healer UI does not get solved. I think its a bit short sighted to call this quality of life improvements, if a game that needs healers is not attractive to healers .....

Like it or not, in wow, healers have the ability to customise their UI to suit personal healing style. I want healing frames I can see my hots on including their duration. I want to be able to shift click to activate an ability and control right click, etc.

I find healing a pig with a UI where I can hardly use my mouse for keybinds and there are no mods allowed. Healing being hard is fine, but its not fine to have to go back in time 5 years to vanilla wow in terms of healing.

+ Reply to Thread